No announcement yet.

The rugby Ulster play - Season 2018/19 - SEE MOD note post 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Johnny McPhillips was good I thought. I like the cut of his jib. Billy Burns was a good signing but he’s a fine prospect too.

Comment

Jared Payne pulled no punches afterwards, at any rate - https://www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-union/46002602
      TBH if I was an Ulster supporter I'd be encouraged to see that kind of frankness even in the aftermath of such an emphatic win. I don't know enough about McFarland yet, but Payne seems to be pretty shrewd and if he's so obviously not content to let the scoreline gloss over the performance it should be a sign that he has high standards which he expects to be met.
      Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Ulster with a narrow 15 to 10 win away to Treviso. Not a great performance but keeps things ticking over. Hope they improve at least until we meet them again.

Comment

Chris Henry has announced his retirement. Have to say I always thought it was inspirational that he could come back from having suffered a stroke and having surgery to repair a hole in the heart to get back to playing at the top level. Best of luck to him.
          Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Ian Nagle has joined on loan for the rest of the season.

Comment

Best of luck to him. Hasn't really worked out for him at Leinster.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Gibson View Post
                Best of luck to him. Hasn't really worked out for him at Leinster.
                Was always going to be difficult, especially when James Ryan basically went from never having played a game of senior rugby to being indispensible. Hopefully he gets his chance up there and does well.

Comment

Rodney Ah You released with immediate effect to join Newcastle Falcons.

EDIT - also, apparently Jacob Stockdale likes to build Lego sets to relax while in Ireland camp. I'm all for starting them young, but jaysus ...
                  Last edited by mr chips; 19th-November-2018, 19:52.
                  Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Originally posted by mr chips View Post
                    Rodney Ah You released with immediate effect to join Newcastle Falcons.

EDIT - also, apparently Jacob Stockdale likes to build Lego sets to relax while in Ireland camp. I'm all for starting them young, but jaysus ...
                    Somebody had to take over the Eoin McLove role in the squad!

Comment

Scarlets v Ulster just kicked off. Wonder can Best lead his side to an upset ...
                      Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Another Stockdale special!
                        Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Pathetic Scarlets defensive effort. Tiny crowd.

Comment

Ulster have definitely come to play, anyway.
                            Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Only watching the last 5 minutes, neither team look convincing

Comment

The scarlets 8 is crocked, left shoulder hanging off him since his high tackle earlier.

the start of the scarlets try was Ulster coughing up possession in a line out

Comment

Working...
                                X