Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Murillo
    replied
    On James Ryan and his incredible stats, I remember slagging off his selection for the Japan tour last summer when he wasn't even capped at Leinster.

On reflection it proves yet again I know feck all, Schmidt is as sharp as they get.

(I think I slagged off Porter too at the same point.. )

Leave a comment:

• Scrum Five
    replied
    Originally posted by Bayern View Post
    Maybe if Munster could develop an outhalf, there'd be other options as opposed to leinster outhalves being the only option.
    Originally posted by Balla Boy View Post
    He's presumably being advised that playing every week will be better for him than picking splinters out of his arse in the run up to the world cup.

If he doesn't want to take that advice he doesn't have to. No one can make him move.

We lost one young fly half who would have been our first choice to injury. I think he'd have been a better fly half than Carbery.

We've now got a second, a project player, also struck down by injury. Another who'd be ahead of Carbery in the Irish 23 for my money.

So our development is neither here nor there.
    Bill Johnston also has a bright future at 10. Don't worry about us.

Leave a comment:

• Miguel Sanchez
    replied
    Here what goes?

I'm still in celebration mode, likely to continue well past this weekend.
    Well perhaps you might show a bit of class for once and celebrate on Leinsterfans or similar.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Miguel Sanchez; 14th-May-2018, 17:54.

Leave a comment:

• Balla Boy
    replied
    Cronin moved to Connacht to get first team rugby, off his own bat, then he moved to Leinster to win some silverware, off his own bat.

Carbery is being persuaded to move so play first team rugby by the irish coach.

Situations are not the same.

Maybe if Munster could develop an outhalf, there'd be other options as opposed to leinster outhalves being the only option.

He's presumably being advised that playing every week will be better for him than picking splinters out of his arse in the run up to the world cup.

If he doesn't want to take that advice he doesn't have to. No one can make him move.

We lost one young fly half who would have been our first choice to injury. I think he'd have been a better fly half than Carbery.

We've now got a second, a project player, also struck down by injury. Another who'd be ahead of Carbery in the Irish 23 for my money.

So our development is neither here nor there.

Leave a comment:

• Bayern
    replied
    Originally posted by Giggsy View Post
    Oh here we go..
    Here what goes?

I'm still in celebration mode, likely to continue well past this weekend.

Leave a comment:

• Giggsy
    replied
    Cronin moved to Connacht to get first team rugby, off his own bat, then he moved to Leinster to win some silverware, off his own bat.

Oh here we go..

Leave a comment:

• Miguel Sanchez
    replied

Careful - your veil just slipped there momentarily.

Leave a comment:

• padders
    replied
    Originally posted by i_like_cake View Post
    Just back from the final.
    Great weekend. Congrats leinster. I hung out with loadsa dubs and was given flags and scarves.
    I stopped off in Burgos on the way to Madrid.. Incredible food beside the insanely beautiful cathedral. Recommend it.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

Burgos is stunning isn't it ? Stopped there when I did the Camino 2 years ago

Leave a comment:

• rathbaner
    replied
    Really don't unserstand the Leinster/Indo whingefest on this Carbery business. He's being offered the top job in Irish rugby, the Ireland 10 shirt, by Schmidt and Nucifora. If he's afraid of it then Ireland should cut their losses and look elsehwhere.

Otherwise, move Sexton to Ulster and let Byrne and Carbery stay in the bosom of Leinster. He'd transform Ravenhill and probaly end up as CEO.

Leave a comment:

• Soda Bread
    replied
    Just looking at the 'Roll of Honour' for the H-Cup/Champions Cup, we certainly punch above our weight for such a small rugby nation. Of the 23 years France & English teams have won 8 titles each, Ireland have won 7 (Leinster 4, Munster 2 & Ulster 1) - Wales & Scotland have never won one. Here's dreaming of a Munster title next year to equal France & England!!!

Leave a comment:

• Bayern
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Balla Boy
    replied
    Bit of a difference between two pros deciding to move province to win more silverware and the pressure carbery has been getting, along with the talk of "the irfu spreading more talent around the provinces"

Robbie Henshaw is from Westmeath by the way. :) Here he is with some other proud leinster men.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17205[/ATTACH]

Cronin moved to get first team rugby. Which is why Carbery will move, if he chooses to do so.

If Carbery doesn't take a move, he should be considered very fortunate if he gets to the world cup. He'll be the only fly half at the tournament who can't get a game for his club.

Leave a comment:

• AwayFromHome
    replied
    Originally posted by Piquet View Post
    The school in question is not a quirk, it is in County Offaly.
    Yes, and everything from Co Offaly is a quirk!!!

Leave a comment:

• Bayern
    replied
    I can certainly complain as a leinster fan if the irish coach is trying to convince a player who doesn't want to move province to move. Imagine if the same had occurred to JJ back when he was the boy wonder and ROG's heir.

Anyway if Carbery goes, I can't blame him given pressure being exerted. Leinster will carry on.

Leave a comment:

• Munsterboy
    replied
    Bit of a difference between two pros deciding to move province to win more silverware and the pressure carbery has been getting, along with the talk of "the irfu spreading more talent around the provinces"

Robbie Henshaw is from Westmeath by the way. :) Here he is with some other proud leinster men.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17205[/ATTACH]
    Then you shouldn’t moan if Joe persuades Joey that it’s in his best interests to move. It will simply be a pro deciding to move to improve his chances of first team rugby, just as Cronin did when he was stuck behind better hookers in Munster.

Nobody is forcing Leinster players to move. Nobody can. Joe and Leo, true bloo heroes both, have simply created a situation that may encourage Carbery to do so. Ulster don’t even really want him.

Congratulations on the ECC by the way. Racing stayed in the game much longer than I thought they would but ye ground it out. A fine performance.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X