X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cowboy
    replied
    Originally posted by Piquet View Post
    According to Rugby Lad, Donnacha broke his Collar Bone on Saturday.

Dey make'em tuff in Naynagh.
    Truly, this shows a level of hatred for Leinster all of us should aspire to.

He will ignore medical advice, and incredible pain just to have a chance to beat the bastards.

Think long and hard about that webmong. Remember the pitch hedges.

Leave a comment:

• Piquet
    replied
    According to Rugby Lad, Donnacha broke his Collar Bone on Saturday.

Dey make'em tuff in Naynagh.
    Last edited by Piquet; 14th-May-2018, 16:49. Reason: Added the Link.

Leave a comment:

• scotscor
    replied
    I'm very impressed with Leinsters S&C team, they just dont seem to be seriously affected by significant injuries.

Leave a comment:

• Soda Bread
    replied
    Video clip of the 'Team' of the Champions Cup per French selection - only CJ made it (& Tadhg Beirne) from a Munster perspective:-

https://video.rugbyrama.fr/rugby/cha...65/video.shtml

Leave a comment:

• neliog93
    replied
    Originally posted by Murillo View Post
    On James Ryan and his incredible stats, I remember slagging off his selection for the Japan tour last summer when he wasn't even capped at Leinster.

On reflection it proves yet again I know feck all, Schmidt is as sharp as they get.

(I think I slagged off Porter too at the same point.. )
    Whenever a Joe selection is construed as biased, it's nearly always justified.

Leave a comment:

• Scrum Five
    replied
    Originally posted by mickiemcfist View Post
    I don't think there's many that wouldn't want him to succeed? I don't want him to move to Munster as I don't want us to be used as Leinsters training ground, but I've nothing against him personally & think he is immensely talented.
    Exactly.

Leave a comment:

• mickiemcfist
    replied
    I don't think there's many that wouldn't want him to succeed? I don't want him to move to Munster as I don't want us to be used as Leinsters training ground, but I've nothing against him personally & think he is immensely talented.

Leave a comment:

• Rabb1tts Jump
    replied
    I do feel sorry for Carberry. He is the type of rugby player that we always want to be Irish but normally isn't. He has a huge amount of the right attributes for success and is obviously trusted by the national coach; a coach that has proven well able to identify talent. He also comes across as a good young lad. Yet, there are a huge amount of people who don't want him to succeed, so that they can announce to the world that Joe Schmidt was wrong.

I think the idea of him moving provinces makes sense for the national team in the context of the Rugby World Cup. If he gets a good deal, then he should take it and agreeing to move too easily would undermine his negotiating position. If it were not for the Rugby World Cup, he would be best placed waiting at Leinster another year but you don't always get your chances when you might best take them.

Munster were down this road with O'Gara and Staunton. We should try and avoid repeating that again.
    Last edited by Rabb1tts Jump; 14th-May-2018, 13:52.

Leave a comment:

• Daithi
    replied
    Originally posted by Munsterboy View Post
    You had little sympathy for the lads in Connacht when Joe was whispering in the ear of the best player they've produced in donkey's years (and they were losing their first choice 13 and talisman, not some kid who can barely get a start). What goes around comes around.

Anyway, don't worry about it. Just lie back and think of James Ryan. That's what Gav Cummiskey is doing.
    Brilliant, luv it!!

Fwiw, unless he gets a very big difference in remuneration, I think Carbery would be mad to move to Ulster.

Why?

1. Johnny Sexton won't go on forever, he has quite a poor injury profile & a lot of flying hours. He's often compared to Rog, but he plays the game much more physically & has a far worse injury profile versus Rog who was practically an ever present, thankfully.

2. Ulster are a basket case. When you move clubs, you want to move to a set up that is harmonious, well managed,well coached, with a good squad and work ethic. I'm no longer involved in the game but I'd question Ulster under all of those headings currently.

3. Schmidt of course would prefer to have his shadow 10 playing, 10 week in week out, but with Sexton's lack of Leinster availability & injury profile, and if Schmidt can be persuaded to release Carberyto play pro14 with Leinster rather than doing some squad sessions leading up to internationals,etc then Carbery is far more likely to continue to cultivate a better career as a pro rugby player at a superbly, successful Leinster as a 15/sometimes 10 than as an imported 10 into a disfunctional Ulster. Imho.
    Last edited by Daithi; 14th-May-2018, 13:01.

Leave a comment:

• mickiemcfist
    replied
    Originally posted by philc View Post
    I don't think it is ever that easy to know what young fellas are going to make it however good they are when younger,
    You'll get some right & some wrong, but that tournament was pretty unique, we beat the u20 all blacks. Special mention also to Bill Johnston who had a stormer that year, I'd throw him in as another who looked special. Just needs an injury free run, game time & possibly a bit of weight.

Leave a comment:

• philc
    replied
    To be honest I don't think it took a rocket scientist to identify Ryan, Porter and Leavy. All were phenomenal players at under 20, and the former two are physical freaks as well. Was always a case of "when" rather than "if" they'd make it.

Really think Leinster have a bit of a golden generation coming through up front. They remind me of Munster back in the day. As stalwarts like Gaillimh retired we had fellas like POC coming through. Not just a replacement but a big upgrade.

I don't think it is ever that easy to know what young fellas are going to make it however good they are when younger,

Leave a comment:

• Bayern
    replied
    You had little sympathy for the lads in Connacht when Joe was whispering in the ear of the best player they've produced in donkey's years (and they were losing their first choice 13 and talisman, not some kid who can barely get a start). What goes around comes around.

Anyway, don't worry about it. Just lie back and think of James Ryan. That's what Gav Cummiskey is doing.

4 star effort.

Leave a comment:

• Murillo
    replied
    Donnacha out for the season

@Murray_Kinsella
    Midi Olympique report that Donnacha Ryan's season is over after an AC injury against Leinster.Says a lot about him that he completed the game despite the injury occurring in the 11th minute.He's had a huge impact on Racing as a club.

Leave a comment:

• Munsterboy
    replied
    Originally posted by Bayern View Post
    I can certainly complain as a leinster fan if the irish coach is trying to convince a player who doesn't want to move province to move. Imagine if the same had occurred to JJ back when he was the boy wonder and ROG's heir.

Anyway if Carbery goes, I can't blame him given pressure being exerted. Leinster will carry on.

Leave a comment:

• Munsterboy
    replied
    Originally posted by Murillo View Post
    On James Ryan and his incredible stats, I remember slagging off his selection for the Japan tour last summer when he wasn't even capped at Leinster.

On reflection it proves yet again I know feck all, Schmidt is as sharp as they get.

(I think I slagged off Porter too at the same point.. )
    To be honest I don't think it took a rocket scientist to identify Ryan, Porter and Leavy. All were phenomenal players at under 20, and the former two are physical freaks as well. Was always a case of "when" rather than "if" they'd make it.

Really think Leinster have a bit of a golden generation coming through up front. They remind me of Munster back in the day. As stalwarts like Gaillimh retired we had fellas like POC coming through. Not just a replacement but a big upgrade.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X