Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Nigels Final- Leinster v Racing 92

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Problem with Bilbao is getting there and accommodation (price comparable to a weekend in Monaco or Dubai )

    Sent from my Lenovo A7600-F using Tapatalk

    Comment


      Originally posted by AdolphusGrigson View Post
      And the food and drink was very reasonable. For me it was an inspired choice by EPCR.

      ...and Barcelona - a non rugby city - holds the world record for a crowd for a club game.
      Absolutely, €2.20 for a glass of wine in the fanciest place we could find. €1.80 for a coffee (con leche)

      Buses were great value too.

      I've brought our kids GAA team to Madrid for a European GAA tournament, hosted by one the rugby clubs there, pretty professional set up (good all weather pitch, clubhouse, sponsorship etc.

      I'm sure Madrid would be a great venue, couple of decent sized stadia there too!

      Spanish Rugby was on the up until Romanian referees nobbled them

      Comment


        Originally posted by Murillo View Post
        Absolutely, €2.20 for a glass of wine in the fanciest place we could find. €1.80 for a coffee (con leche)

        Buses were great value too.

        I've brought our kids GAA team to Madrid for a European GAA tournament, hosted by one the rugby clubs there, pretty professional set up (good all weather pitch, clubhouse, sponsorship etc.

        I'm sure Madrid would be a great venue, couple of decent sized stadia there too!

        Spanish Rugby was on the up until Romanian referees nobbled them
        Yep, Madrid would be a cracker. Food and drink more expensive than Bilbao but not more so than Dublin, London etc. We stayed in Alcalá de Henares (University town outside Madrid) before driving to Bilbao and I'm sure lots of options outside the city to try as well as the city itself.

        ...perhaps give Spain a bit of a run with it. Madrid, Seville, Valencia.
        ​​​​​​#GiveLeinsterTheHCupNow

        Originally Posted by mr chips
        AG gets the responses he does because he is a journalist..

        Comment


          You could get aer lingus and Ryanair to replace Turkish airlines Bilbao like winning the lotto for them BTW don't drink wine

          Sent from my Lenovo A7600-F using Tapatalk

          Comment


            Originally posted by Balla Boy View Post
            It has to be a rugby city. Nothing worse than the feeling of coming out of a big game into a city that doesn't give two ****s.

            Rotate it between Rome, Cardiff, Embra, Twickenham and wherever the French want to put it on a defined cycle.

            Edit - And Dubland, of course.
            Dublin's not a rugby city. Sure we have communions year round now!

            Comment


              Originally posted by whimpersnap View Post
              Dublin's not a rugby city. Sure we have communions year round now!
              A rugger city?
              ​​​​​​#GiveLeinsterTheHCupNow

              Originally Posted by mr chips
              AG gets the responses he does because he is a journalist..

              Comment


                I'd say Cork would be a great place for a final. Would the GAA be up for it though?
                Munster – Champions of Europe 2006, 2008, 2020.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by AdolphusGrigson View Post
                  A rugger city?
                  All those people you see at games in RDS are just lost souls passing the time between communions, occasionally getting off their feet to join in the Robert Korney/David Korney chant.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Bayern View Post
                    Maybe if Munster could develop an outhalf, there'd be other options as opposed to leinster outhalves being the only option.
                    It always adds so much to intelligent discussion and debate to toss in a sneering comment or two. Leinster took a long time to develop their own scrum-halves with them once having three outsiders in the squad, starter and backup both from Munster. Likewise at 10 there were a few members with non-Pale faces; forgotten those days have we?

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X