replied
    Originally posted by theghost View Post
    Wow did you think of that all on your own ,grow up ffs

I did, and I’m proud as punch as well.

Leave a comment:

• RichardP
    replied
    Originally posted by Corcíoch View Post
    On the balance of the Competition, the other teams in the pool and their victories in the knock out stages I would say it was well deserved.

I thought on the balance only of today's game it was well deserved too. There is no comparison in the funding and resources available to both teams, and while Racings defence and line speed was excellent and exerted huge pressure very effectively..... I thought Leinster always looked the better side overall.

The refs calls went both ways imo. Nakawara was extremely lucky not to see yellow. The dangerous tackle call towards the end was harsh in return on Racing.

I'm surprised at so much talk of Leinster playing badly. They didn't imo, that was pure Cup Final Rugby. Too much at stake, and it was basically a hugely physical battle of defences.

That performance from Racing was up another level from what we faced in terms of their defensive pressure, line speed etc. It was a massive performance from Racing and they sustained it for the entire game.
    Leinster did very well imo, some players were a bit off but others were huge!!
    Sorry, I probably misunderstood your original post a little and I certainly agree they deserve to be champions of Europe. I have no problem with cup rugby being tight and tense, winning is the only thing that matters at that point; I actually expected Leinster to win by 20+ (Lost a good bottle of whiskey on it) so I thoroughly enjoyed the commitment of Racing in making it a great contest. Whoever says it was a crap game doesn’t remember the days of terrific 9-6, 6-5, 5-3, 3-0 hammerings, lol!

Leave a comment:

• The Last Stand
    replied
    The Nigels Final- Leinster v Racing 92

Originally posted by Daithi View Post
    Ha, you're hilarious Muriel!!!

Who says your dislike is rational, oh you do, is it?!? Ha.

Sorry, and I do mean to be condescending this time, that is by definition subjective mate!!! You thinking it's rational does not make it so.

P.s. A pet dislike for me is some crank misconstruing my post, and then challenging that thesis that he,himself, had in fact made up!?! Go figure hey!?!

And When this was pointed out to that poster, rather than having the good grace to just say sorry, or fair cop, or whatever, he instead has to give out about his "rational" dislike of the way he was informed!!!

Now that is a nuisance.

P.s. FYI That last statement is both subjective and condescending!

P.p.s. And it's meant to be both this time !!
    Edit - not worth it.

But I really hope you feel good about yourself for that rant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by The Last Stand; 13th-May-2018, 16:04.

Leave a comment:

• hooke
    replied
    Originally posted by Tobyglen View Post
    Teddy Thomas creates that by being a headless chicken. Nakawara should have got YC in 1st half so don't think officials were pro Leinster.
    The officals were certainly not Pro-Leinster ...they were anti-rugby.... fussy and interfered with the flow in very difficult conditions...the high tackle count for a very clean game was enormous...big occasion spoilt by JP and Barnes...no surprise there. Congrats Leinster.

Leave a comment:

• Daithi
    replied
    Originally posted by The Last Stand View Post
    One of my rational dislikes. Using smileys in a very condescending manner.

Ha, you're hilarious Muriel!!!

Who says your dislike is rational, oh you do, is it?!? Ha.

Sorry, and I do mean to be condescending this time, that is by definition subjective mate!!! You thinking it's rational does not make it so.

P.s. A pet dislike for me is some crank misconstruing my post, and then challenging that thesis that he,himself, had in fact made up!?! Go figure hey!?!

And When this was pointed out to that poster, rather than having the good grace to just say sorry, or fair cop, or whatever, he instead has to give out about his "rational" dislike of the way he was informed!!!

Now that is a nuisance.

P.s. FYI That last statement is both subjective and condescending!

P.p.s. And it's meant to be both this time !!
    Last edited by Daithi; 13th-May-2018, 13:12.

Leave a comment:

• Stringer9
    replied
    Originally posted by Oldschoolsocks View Post
    id agree that Burt and GH made a massive difference, but fail to see what’s unfair about it.

Leo recognised his weaknesses and asked for expert help, then Leinster engaged GH on a 2 week stint and then Leo and Jonny reached out to Burt. You make it sound as if Munster are passively waiting to be given the solution instead of working it out for themselves
    Oh ya we’ve just been sitting here for the last two seasons waiting for things to be handed to us.
    We did “work it out”, we brought in Rassie to help Axel. That combination was our “solution”. Nobody could have envisioned what would happen in the months to come.

This club and these players has gone through the wringer over the last two seasons, and we haven’t had the luxury of settled management. Our biggest worries haven’t been about schools rugby or which academy stars to start.

They went through the most difficult season imagineable and their reward for making it through that was for Rassie, who they loved working with and everyone saw as the future of Munster, only to leave mid season.

Passively waiting for things to be solved for us instead of working it out for ourselves...I’m curious in what should we have done differently, what were your solutions for our management difficulties in the last two seasons?
    Last edited by Stringer9; 13th-May-2018, 12:56.

Leave a comment:

• The Last Stand
    replied
    Originally posted by Daithi View Post

P.s. Do try to keep up ;)
    One of my rational dislikes. Using smileys in a very condescending manner.

Leave a comment:

• theghost
    replied
    Originally posted by lawrence View Post
    Only the west brits would accept having a proper Brit in charge of their rugby team.
    Wow did you think of that all on your own ,grow up ffs

Leave a comment:

• lawrence
    replied
    Only the west brits would accept having a proper Brit in charge of their rugby team.

Leave a comment:

• The Last Stand
    replied
    Leinster were the best team between 2009 and 2012 winning three times.

Since then Saracens and Toulon dominated.

2013 - Munster made semi final, Leinster did not get out of their group. Toulon won.

2014 - Munster made semi final, Leinster made quarter final. Toulon won.

2015 - Leinster made semi, Munster failed to qualify. Toulon won.

2016 - neither Leinster nor Munster qualified. Saracens won.

2017 - Leinster and Munster made semis. Saracens won.

2018 - Munster made semi, Leinster won.

This year Leinster peaked between the best of experience and new blood. They may sustain it till next year but I am not convinced they will enter a period of dominance. But not sure who else will be dominant.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X