X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by whimpersnap View Post
    That would explain a lot:

The LS = Gerry SF Adams

'i don't accept that boundary ', classic :)

alas they are just north munster now.......

Comment

The Nigels Final- Leinster v Racing 92

Originally posted by Daithi View Post
      That would explain a lot:

The LS = Gerry SF Adams

'i don't accept that boundary ', classic :)
      Congratulations - you are on ignore. You are A nasty piece of work. I challenged your bad analysis and you have turned into a bully and very insulting. Life is too short to deal with the likes of you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Last edited by The Last Stand; 15th-May-2018, 09:45.

Comment

Originally posted by The Last Stand View Post
        Congratulations - you are on ignore. You are A nasty piece of work. I challenged your bad analysis and you have turned into a bully and very insulting. Life is too short to deal with the likes of you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Nope, you misquoted my analysis and then challenged that (i.e. your creation) and tried to pin that on me.

To compound this, when I pointed that out to you, you refused to simply apologise, or say fair cop, or whatever, instead you had a go at me for the way I pointed that out to you .

I'm genuinely sorry you feel offended, I don't seek to offend anyone tbh, but I make no apology for standing up for myself or my expressed opinion.

Have a think about it and I suggest, let's leave it there, where it belongs, behind us.
        Last edited by Daithi; 15th-May-2018, 10:44.

Comment

Originally posted by neliog93 View Post
          Toner legitimately competed for the ball in the air (yes on the ball all the time and his hands even touched the ball). He didn't intentionally take Ryan out, in the process of going for the ball the players clashed in mid-air and Ryan happened to come off worse. Shouldn't have even been a penalty.
          They didn't "clash". Toner didn't get near the ball so he gave Ryan's arm a little tug in the air, causing him to fall shoulder first from a height. Dangerous play.

Comment

Don't know if mentioned earlier but the booing of Barnes by Leinster fans (as well as Racing) when he went to get his medal was really poor. Not that he was great but seemed way over the top.

Haven't seen it mentioned in the media?
            ​​​​​​#GiveLeinsterTheHCupNow

Originally Posted by mr chips
            AG gets the responses he does because he is a journalist..

Comment

Bilbao was a great place for a final - Barcelona or Amsterdam after Newcastle please.

Comment

Originally posted by AdolphusGrigson View Post
                Bilbao was a great place for a final - Barcelona or Amsterdam after Newcastle please.
                Would it not be better going to a rugby city though?!?

E.g. Any one of the 6Ns capitals, or the secondary cities that have good enough rugby stadia, connectivity and accommodation,etc

P.s. Personally I'd love to go to Rome for a European final

Comment

E.g. Any one of the 6Ns capitals, or the secondary cities that have good enough rugby stadia, connectivity and accommodation,etc

There's been mutterings of Marseilles in 2020 (no thanks, dodgy and one of the few cities in the South of France not obsessed with rugby). There were previously plans to have it in the San Siro so if it's Italy more likely to be there. And long-term they want to have one in the States.

Comment

Loads of Spanish were there in Bilbao - unfortunately for a really sheeet game (much much better on Friday). So don't think a rugby city is strictly necessary - just a venue that it is interesting and can reasonably guarantee a full house(though difficult if 2 french teams etc).

But yep, agree, Rome should be next up.

Comment

Originally posted by neliog93 View Post
                      There's been mutterings of Marseilles in 2020 (no thanks, dodgy and one of the few cities in the South of France not obsessed with rugby). There were previously plans to have it in the San Siro so if it's Italy more likely to be there. And long-term they want to have one in the States.
                      Disagree about Marseilles - was there for Leinster v Toulon (semi)and it was fantastic venue.

Comment

It has to be a rugby city. Nothing worse than the feeling of coming out of a big game into a city that doesn't give two ****s.

Rotate it between Rome, Cardiff, Embra, Twickenham and wherever the French want to put it on a defined cycle.

Edit - And Dubland, of course.
                        Last edited by Balla Boy; 15th-May-2018, 13:50.
                        "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Originally posted by AdolphusGrigson View Post
                          Don't know if mentioned earlier but the booing of Barnes by Leinster fans (as well as Racing) when he went to get his medal was really poor. Not that he was great but seemed way over the top.

Haven't seen it mentioned in the media?
                          The booing wasn't limited to the one or other set of fans, it appeared the be the whole stadium, not my style at all. Was disappointing.

Comment

Originally posted by Balla Boy View Post
                            It has to be a rugby city. Nothing worse than the feeling of coming out of a big game into a city that doesn't give two ****s.

Rotate it between Rome, Cardiff, Embra, Twickenham and wherever the French want to put it on a defined cycle.
                            I think if you had been to Bilbao you would not be saying that. Incredibly positive noises from everyone I spoke to - and that was Leinster, Munster, Ulster,Saracens, Cardiff, Glaws etc.

The problem with Bilbao was nothing to do with it 'not being a rugby city' is that accommodation was very expensive and travel a bit awkward.

Fantastic venue.

Comment

Originally posted by Balla Boy View Post

Bilbao was great craic, and the locals were brilliant, hotel prices aside it was a great success.

My least favourite venue is Twickers, may be the home of rugby but London, like Paris is ****e for a rugby weekend, cities are too big, fans get lost and the wider city has no interest.

I love the provincial French venues, Lyon, Bordeaux (in the new football stadium), Marseilles.. even Lille.

What was great about Bilbao was how central the stadium was, bang in the centre of town.

Comment

Originally posted by Murillo View Post
                                Bilbao was great craic, and the locals were brilliant, hotel prices aside it was a great success.

My least favourite venue is Twickers, may be the home of rugby but London, like Paris is ****e for a rugby weekend, cities are too big, fans get lost and the wider city has no interest.

I love the provincial French venues, Lyon, Bordeaux (in the new football stadium), Marseilles.. even Lille.

What was great about Bilbao was how central the stadium was, bang in the centre of town.
                                And the food and drink was very reasonable. For me it was an inspired choice by EPCR.

...and Barcelona - a non rugby city - holds the world record for a crowd for a club game.

Comment

Working...
                                X