No announcement yet.

The Nigels Final- Leinster v Racing 92

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And if we're sending Robbie home we'll just be sending him to Leinster again.

Comment

Originally posted by Munsterboy View Post
      Just send Robbie back home to Connacht and you can keep Carbery. Fair enough? And send Cronin home too, while you’re at it.
      Bit of a difference between two pros deciding to move province to win more silverware and the pressure carbery has been getting, along with the talk of "the irfu spreading more talent around the provinces"

Robbie Henshaw is from Westmeath by the way. :) Here he is with some other proud leinster men.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1499126.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	48.4 KB
ID:	2494130

Comment

Originally posted by Corcíoch View Post
        I actually didn't mean your good self with my references to folks saying Leinster played badly etc

And yes, 9 - 6, 5-3 etc can indeed still be a terrific game of Rugby. . . . . .particularly if like me you enjoy a really good scrum drive, the sheer physicality, the arm wrestle etc as much as flowing, slick backs movements.
        Spoken like a real player! I agree totally

Comment

By all means stay with the province u love ( but as a pro. please don't expect top dollar if number 2or3)
          Originally posted by Bayern View Post
          Bit of a difference between two pros deciding to move province to win more silverware and the pressure carbery has been getting, along with the talk of "the irfu spreading more talent around the provinces"

Robbie Henshaw is from Westmeath by the way. :) Here he is with some other proud leinster men.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17205[/ATTACH]
          Sent from my Lenovo A7600-F using Tapatalk

Comment

Henshaw, who is from Athlone, was part of the Connacht set-up for a long time including through schools rugby, academy etc. I would be very surprised if he himself disassociated himself by saying he was really from Leinster.

There are a few quirks like this in the provincial set-up such as Roscrea in Leinster schools.

A little bit disingenuous.

Comment

And the original post wasn’t??
              Only fools and drunks argue over everything. If you don’t have a hangover the next day you’re not the drunk...

Comment

Originally posted by Oldschoolsocks View Post
                And the original post wasn’t??
                Does it matter? That is the new narrative about Henshaw - that he is home grown.

He was bought in, he is a great asset and that is great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by The Last Stand View Post

There are a few quirks like this in the provincial set-up such as Roscrea in Leinster schools.
                  The school in question is not a quirk, it is in County Offaly.

Comment

Originally posted by The Last Stand View Post
                    Does it matter? That is the new narrative about Henshaw - that he is home grown.

He was bought in, he is a great asset and that is great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Who has claimed he is homegrown?

just simply that he is from leinster and is a leinster man.

Comment

Then you shouldn’t moan if Joe persuades Joey that it’s in his best interests to move. It will simply be a pro deciding to move to improve his chances of first team rugby, just as Cronin did when he was stuck behind better hookers in Munster.

Nobody is forcing Leinster players to move. Nobody can. Joe and Leo, true bloo heroes both, have simply created a situation that may encourage Carbery to do so. Ulster don’t even really want him.

Congratulations on the ECC by the way. Racing stayed in the game much longer than I thought they would but ye ground it out. A fine performance.

Comment

I can certainly complain as a leinster fan if the irish coach is trying to convince a player who doesn't want to move province to move. Imagine if the same had occurred to JJ back when he was the boy wonder and ROG's heir.

Anyway if Carbery goes, I can't blame him given pressure being exerted. Leinster will carry on.

Comment

Originally posted by Piquet View Post
                          The school in question is not a quirk, it is in County Offaly.
                          Yes, and everything from Co Offaly is a quirk!!!

Comment

Cronin moved to get first team rugby. Which is why Carbery will move, if he chooses to do so.

If Carbery doesn't take a move, he should be considered very fortunate if he gets to the world cup. He'll be the only fly half at the tournament who can't get a game for his club.
                            "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Cronin moved to Connacht to get first team rugby, off his own bat, then he moved to Leinster to win some silverware, off his own bat.

Carbery is being persuaded to move so play first team rugby by the irish coach.

Situations are not the same.

Maybe if Munster could develop an outhalf, there'd be other options as opposed to leinster outhalves being the only option.

Comment

Just looking at the 'Roll of Honour' for the H-Cup/Champions Cup, we certainly punch above our weight for such a small rugby nation. Of the 23 years France & English teams have won 8 titles each, Ireland have won 7 (Leinster 4, Munster 2 & Ulster 1) - Wales & Scotland have never won one. Here's dreaming of a Munster title next year to equal France & England!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X