• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roro

http://www.rugbycleek.com/video/5aee...1e0c7e22a1c85c

what else?

Au revoir.
    (...) je souhaite que la Providence veille sur la France, pour son bonheur, pour son bien et pour sa grandeur. Au revoir !

Ah bollix it's in French

A grand player. A stalwart of Clermont.
    Tic-Toc. POC and DOC. Stop the clock.

Comment

Seen below stat earlier; most durable player in the pro era - what a player.

Rougerie retired for Clermont last night. Last game ...just the 419 games in yellow.

To put in perspective
      Bod 186 times Leinster
      Mc caw 145 for crusaders
      Gregan 136 for brumbies
      Dallagio 227 for Wasps
      O Connell 218 for Munster
      Alun Wyn Jones 215 for Ospreys

Comment

Originally posted by Tobyglen View Post

Rougerie retired for Clermont last night. Last game ...just the 419 games in yellow.

To put in perspective
        Bod 186 times Leinster
        Mc caw 145 for crusaders
        Gregan 136 for brumbies
        Dallagio 227 for Wasps
        Jesus will anyone ever come close to that?

Insane figures.

Met three ASM supporters whilst golfing Friday, they spoke of him in hushed tones. The man appears to be beloved in tyretown
        I am the million man.

Comment

His career is 19 years which means he played 21 games per season!

Comment

Originally posted by Tobyglen View Post

To put in perspective
            Bod 186 times Leinster
            Mc caw 145 for crusaders
            Gregan 136 for brumbies
            Dallagio 227 for Wasps
            Incroyable!

Great player and an indicator of what the French club game could be if they eased up on the big money signings and focused on their own.

It’s not just about talent (although Rougerie has a huge amount of that), it’s about fostering the kind of loyalty and sense of community between club and supporters that you get by having home grown lads as committed as he has been. He’ll always be part of the soul of that club.

Comment

Fantastic player, I always liked Rougerie. He'd have been a great man to have on your side. He has been fading a bit from his previous high standards the past couple of seasons, so the retirement is probably due. May he enjoy it, and I'm sure we'll all be calling into his bar sometime.

Comment

Wishing him all the best - a genuine legend of the game
                "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

A true Gallic legend, they named Le Massif Central after him.

Comment

31 seasons (!!!) 19 as a pro, 419 games despite a lot of injuries, one Club.

I remember his first pro game in 1999, called a colleague from Brive (our best "ennemies" for decades) and told her that I should introduce her the next French National Team Winger. She just told me no matter we have Alain Penaud ( french number 10). Last saturday his son Damian was crying in Yellow and Blue while His mentor's farewell allocution.

Au revoir.
                    (...) je souhaite que la Providence veille sur la France, pour son bonheur, pour son bien et pour sa grandeur. Au revoir !

Comment

Originally posted by acskerries View Post
                      Fantastic player, I always liked Rougerie. He'd have been a great man to have on your side. He has been fading a bit from his previous high standards the past couple of seasons, so the retirement is probably due. May he enjoy it, and I'm sure we'll all be calling into his bar sometime.
                      Yes. He always managed to pull off a great performance when it mattered at both club and international level with a tremendous level of comittment. He has a had a great career with one of Europe's top clubs, a local lad (wasn't his mum the mayor of Clermont or something?) and the fans love him to bits.
                      Erse end of nowhere

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffy View Post
                        Yes. He always managed to pull off a great performance when it mattered at both club and international level with a tremendous level of comittment. He has a had a great career with one of Europe's top clubs, a local lad (wasn't his mum the mayor of Clermont or something?) and the fans love him to bits.
                        her mother was elected in Clermont, not as a mayor but in his staff.

Mainly she had been a basket ball player in Clermont in the 70´, and several time France champion.

Rougerie's father played in Clermont too, belonged to the "Monstre à seize pattes" (16 legs Monster), as was named the ASM' pack in the 70´

Au revoir.

Comment

Best wishes to him!

Comment

Working...
                          X