No announcement yet.

Hanging up their boots thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And the ref has blown the final whistle. I owe a debt of gratitude to Len, for a few years he was often the only way I was able to follow a Munster game.
    Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Originally posted by LeakyBoots View Post
      Diack is has retired as well apparently

Heading back to SA but still looking to play professional rugby based on an article I read over the weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by mr chips View Post
        And the ref has blown the final whistle. I owe a debt of gratitude to Len, for a few years he was often the only way I was able to follow a Munster game.
        I used t listen him live over the internet while watching TG4. Often hilarious to witness him getting names wrong and last week, getting the weather wrong. "JJ lines up the kick in a rain drenched Thomond Park. Sun drenched, I mean."
        Munster – Champions of Europe 2006, 2008, 2019.

Comment

Originally posted by redherring View Post
          Is Gregory Lamboley still playing at La Rochelle?

Should play one more year.

Au revoir.
          (...) je souhaite que la Providence veille sur la France, pour son bonheur, pour son bien et pour sa grandeur. Au revoir !

Comment

Mafi gave an unbelievable offload for an Earls try in some big game, think it was a quarter final. I remember the crowd gasping several times when the replay was shown again and again. Tackled like a monster too, never shirked it. Best of luck to him, thought he was a fine player for us
            Marty in the Morning

Comment

Mafi linked up v well with Tipoki away to Wasps I think it was, put him under the sticks early in the game, was mint.
              \"Only Pienaar, Botha and Ferris would be in contention for a place on our first 15. That\'s a fact.\" - Tickettout\'s take on Ulster April 2011.

Comment

Yannick Nyanga retired yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by munstershane View Post
                  Himself and Donners are the last to retire of those who actually played.

Stringer, Ryan and Earls were unused subs on the day
                  Forgot about Medard, who started for ST that day.

Comment

Lobbe retired today after the Baba's game v England

Comment

Mad game but entertaining to say the least eng 45 babas 63

Comment

Sam Warburton.

https://m.independent.ie/sport/rugby...-37131179.html
                        The early bird catches the worm but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese.

Comment

That's sad, always came across as a fine lad and was a great captain for Wales. All the best to him.
                          Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Like to wish him all the best in the future fine player sad end as a pro

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk

Comment

Sad news, I didn’t realize his injuries were that bad. A fine player and leader
                              "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

The Grauniad has a nice tribute, saying that his last action on a Rugby Field was " when he gently dissuaded the referee, Romain Poite, from awarding the All Blacks a penalty that would have won them the match and the rubber."

Comment

Working...
                                X