<TD =line>Tigers change five for Scarlets</TD></TR>
    <TR>
    <TD =date>20 April 2007, 12:20 pm</TD></TR>
    <TR>
    <TD =author>By Gary Sherrard</TD></TR>
    <TR>
    <TD =multimedia></TD></TR>
    <TR>
    <TD =abstract>Head coach Pat Howard has made five changes to his Leicester Tigers team for the Heineken Cup semi-final against Llanelli Scarlets.</TD></TR>
    <TR>
    <TD =article>Following last weekend’s EDF Energy Cup Final victory at Twickenham, there are recalls for Geordan Murphy, Andy Goode, Alex Moreno and Louis Deacon, and the return from injury of Lewis Moody.

There are also changes on the bench, where Sam Vesty is joined by Seru Rabeni, Leo Cullen and Michael Holford.

Marcos Ayerza is suspended, while Howard is also without Martin Castrogiovanni (hamstring) and Paul Burke (knee) who were injured in the Twickenham win over the Ospreys last weekend.

Murphy is at full-back, with the rest of the backline unchanged from Twickenham. Goode joins Harry Ellis in the half-back pairing.

Moreno and Julian White prop either side of George Chuter, while Deacon joins Ben Kay in the second row. The back row features Moody, Jennings and captain Martin Corry.

Tickets for the game will remain on sale from Tigers until 4pm on Friday. The Walkers Stadium ticket office will be open for sales on matchday.

Leicester Tigers (vs Llanelli Scarlets, Walkers Stadium, Saturday 3pm)

15 Geordan Murphy
    14 Tom Varndell
    13 Dan Hipkiss
    12 Daryl Gibson
    11 Alesana Tuilagi
    10 Andy Goode
    9 Harry Ellis
    1 Alex Moreno
    2 George Chuter
    3 Julian White
    4 Louis Deacon
    5 Ben Kay
    6 Lewis Moody
    7 Shane Jennings
    8 Martin Corry (captain)

Replacements

16 Gavin Hickie
    17 Michael Holford
    18 Leo Cullen
    19 Brett Deacon
    20 Frank Murphy
    21 Sam Vesty
    22 Seru Rabeni</TD></TR></T></TABLE>

No back-up if Goode has a shocker then?

Comment

I'm surprised they left out Plug too.

The backrow battle is going to be huge again.

Comment

Originally posted by Sin a bhfuil

I think Humph jr is still injured so it would have been Burke, seems a fair enough call, both vesty and murphy can fit in at 10 in an emergency

Comment

Originally posted by HurlerOnDeDitch

I'm surprised they left out Plug too.

The backrow battle is going to be huge again.

He's been playing crap...and hasnt really done much since the Munster game according to reports Ive heard......
          Seas suas agus troid!

Comment

Originally posted by Sin a bhfuil

Vestey

Comment

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=629>
              <T>
              <TR>
              <TD colSpan=3>
              <DIV =mxb>
              <DIV =sh>They know who they need to impress for next year anyway...</DIV>
              <DIV =sh></DIV>
              <DIV =sh>Loffreda to take charge of Tigers </DIV></DIV></TD></TR>
              <TR>
              <TD vAlign=top width=416><!- S BO -><!- S IIMA ->
              <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=203 align=right>
              <T>
              <TR>
              <TD>
              <DIV></DIV></TD></TR></T></TABLE><!- E IIMA -><!- S SF ->Argentina coach Marcelo Loffreda has signed a contract to become Leicester's new coach from next season, BBC Radio Leicester understands.

Loffreda is expected to take charge of the Premiership club after the World Cup, with assistant coach Richard Cockerill taking charge until then.

Current coach Pat Howard is returning to Australia at the end of the season.

Loffreda, 47, is a former Argentine centre who has been in charge of the Pumas for the last seven years. <!- E SF ->

Under his guidance, they have beaten many of the top Test-playing nations, including their historic win over England at Twickenham last year. </TD></TR></T></TABLE>
              "Some people don't know their easy lives... I wouldn't be so ungrateful" - Fiacre Ryan - #AutismAndMe

Comment

<!-
                var SymReal&#079;nLoad;
                var SymReal;

Sym()
                {
                window.open = SymWinOpen;
                if(SymReal != null)
                SymReal();
                }

Sym&#079;nLoad()
                {
                if(SymReal&#079;nLoad != null)
                SymReal&#079;nLoad();
                window.open = SymRealWinOpen;
                SymReal = window.;
                window. = Sym;
                }

SymReal&#079;nLoad = window.&#111;nload;
                window.&#111;nload = Sym&#079;nLoad;

//->

Boys wish us luck. Off to the TIGERS den 2morrow. God im exited. 47 and like a kid on Xmas eve!!

Come on SCARLETS!!!!

Do it for Ray GRAVELLE!!!!!! Man of Llanelli, Carmarthenshire, Wales, British Lions, of RUGBY!!!!! A ledgend!!!! Get well soon.

Comment

After theScarlets'disgraceful performance in Musgrave Park last Saturday, they don't deserve to be allowed play on the same pitch as a quality team like Leicester.

I've seen girls' teams play with more pride and professionalism than the Scarlets displayed last Saturday.
                  New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Dog

After theScarlets'disgraceful performance in Musgrave Park last Saturday, they don't deserve to be allowed play on the same pitch as a quality team like Leicester.

I've seen girls' teams play with more pride and professionalism than the Scarlets displayed last Saturday.
                    Scarlets will win this one OD. Last Saturday the Scarlets had their eye on tomorrow. It's their year. Tigers are going out.

Frank the Tank is not coming back. OK? That part of me is over, water under the bridge.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry

Scarlets will win this one OD. Last Saturday the Scarlets had their eye on tomorrow. It's their year. Tigers are going out.

If Harry is tipping the Scarlets, thenit's time to put my€150 overtime on Leicester!

New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry

If Harry is tipping the Scarlets, thenit's time to put my€150 overtime on Leicester!

Right I've put my money where my mouth is.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=400>
                        <T>
                        <TR>
                        <TD =bgrey vAlign=top align=left width=242 bgColor=#e7f3e7>
                        <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%">
                        <T>
                        <TR>
                        <TD>Leicester v Llanelli Scarlets Neutral Venue</TD></TR>
                        <TR>
                        <TD>21st of April 2007 3:00pm</TD></TR>
                        <TR>
                        <TD>Match Betting</TD></TR>
                        <TR>
                        <TD>Llanelli Scarlets @ <NOBR>8 - 5</NOBR> </TD></TR>
                        <TR>
                        <TD height=5></TD></TR></T></TABLE></TD></TR>
                        <TR>
                        <TD =bboldgrey vAlign=top align=right width=150 bgColor=#c0d8c0 height=5></TD>
                        <TD width=1></TD>
                        <TD vAlign=top align=left bgColor=#e7f3e7 height=5></TD>
                        <TD =bgrey vAlign=top align=left bgColor=#e7f3e7 height=5></TD></TR>
                        <TR bgColor=#ffffff>
                        <TD colSpan=4 height=1></TD></TR>
                        <TR>
                        <TD =bboldgrey vAlign=top align=right width=150 bgColor=#c0d8c0 height=5></TD>
                        <TD width=1></TD>
                        <TD vAlign=top align=left bgColor=#e7f3e7 height=5></TD>
                        <TD =bgrey vAlign=top align=left bgColor=#e7f3e7 height=5></TD></TR>
                        <TR>
                        <TD =bboldgrey align=right bgColor=#c0d8c0>Receipt No.:</TD>
                        <TD></TD>
                        <TD bgColor=#e7f3e7></TD>
                        <TD =bgrey bgColor=#e7f3e7>O/0013266/0000505</TD></TR>
                        <TR>
                        <TD =bboldgrey align=right bgColor=#c0d8c0>Bet Type:</TD>
                        <TD width=1></TD>
                        <TD =bgrey bgColor=#e7f3e7>Single </TD></TR>
                        <TR>
                        <TD =bboldgrey align=right bgColor=#c0d8c0>Stake per Line:</TD>
                        <TD width=1></TD>
                        <TD =bgrey bgColor=#e7f3e7>€100.00</TD></TR>
                        <TR>
                        <TD =bboldgrey align=right bgColor=#c0d8c0>Number of Lines:</TD>
                        <TD width=1></TD>
                        <TD =bgrey bgColor=#e7f3e7>1</TD></TR>
                        <TR>
                        <TD =bboldgrey align=right bgColor=#c0d8c0>Stake:</TD>
                        <TD width=1></TD>
                        <TD =bgrey bgColor=#e7f3e7>€100.00</TD></TR>
                        <TR>
                        <TD =bboldgrey align=right bgColor=#c0d8c0>Tax:</TD>
                        <TD width=1></TD>
                        <TD =bgrey bgColor=#e7f3e7>0.0</TD></TR>
                        <TR>
                        <TD =bboldgrey align=right bgColor=#c0d8c0>Potential Returns:</TD>
                        <TD width=1></TD>
                        <TD =bgrey bgColor=#e7f3e7>€260.00</TD></TR></T></TABLE>

Frank the Tank is not coming back. OK? That part of me is over, water under the bridge.

Comment

6-3 after 15. Murphy just into the bin. Jones misses resulting penalty badly

Leicester look good in defence so far and getting possession but llanelli will still look to catch them on the break
                          "Some people don't know their easy lives... I wouldn't be so ungrateful" - Fiacre Ryan - #AutismAndMe

Comment

Any coverage of this game anywhere other than on BBC website? I'm stuck in work!!

Comment

ok, second half so far two props sent off for fighting at about 45 minutes. scarlets scored and went 16-17 up a few minutes later and jennings just scored a try back down the middle in open space from a goode chip

leicester converted and its 23 - 17

very entertaining game so far

Comment

Working...
                              X