Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trever Brennan Appeal

Dear Rugby Follower,

I am writing to you looking for your support for Trevor in his forthcoming appeal against a life ban from Rugby. Trevor’s rise to the very top of world rugby has been well documented, and unique, and I believe an inspiration to young rugby players from various backgrounds.
    Trevor is a genuine guy who is always willing to help various causes both on and off the rugby field. Trevor loves playing and been involved in rugby and to deny Trevor the right to be involved in rugby for the rest of his life is, I believe a grave injustice not only to Trevor but to genuine rugby people throughout the game.

Please e-mail your support for Trevor to Michael@barnhallrfc.net
    or write to : Ian Morgan
    c/o Barnhall RFC,
    Parsonstown,
    Celbridge,
    Co Kildare.

Yours in Rugby,

Ian Morgan (Mobile 086 3857561)
    Michael Mousley (Mobile 0872889865)

Barnhall RFC
    www.barnhallrfc.com
    Seas suas agus troid!

Id support this-a lifetime ban is a bit too much for a guy who gave an awful lot to the game and who many people have great storys about.....
    Seas suas agus troid!

Comment

Here we go![img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]

He did a lot of good things I'm sure, but irrespective of the circumstances must be punished for Bamfordgate.

Comment

Originally posted by Dermot G

He did a lot of good things I'm sure, but irrespective of the circumstances must be punished for Bamfordgate.

Punished, most certainly, but his punishment was harsh.
        Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive music.

Comment

Punished he should be but, a lifetime ban is OTT.
          Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

Originally posted by Daky

Punished, most certainly, but his punishment was harsh.
            I know what you are saying Daky but what more would he have needed to have done to deserve a life ban?

Comment

Are Toulouse supporting the appeal? Bit much to be depending on Barnhall to solely organisethe campaign against the OTT punishment meted out to Trevor.

Comment

I know what you are saying Daky but what more would he have needed to have done to deserve a life ban?

Maybe if he was singing Sean South as he whacked him ? [img]smileys/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Trevor will definitely be getting my support. A ban/suspension is fair enough (perhaps a 12 month ban) but a life ban from being able to earn a living from rugby, railroaded in by King Syddiewhile his Todger Loconuts were baying for blood, is well below par.Justice - Todger style !

Comment

Originally posted by Point

Maybe if he was singing Sean South as he whacked him ? [img]smileys/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Trevor will definitely be getting my support. A ban/suspension is fair enough (perhaps a 12 month ban) but a life ban from being able to earn a living from rugby, railroaded in by King Syddiewhile his Todger Loconuts were baying for blood, is well below par.Justice - Todger style !

so bar killing a supporter your saying that 12 months is the maximum ban a player should recieve for any offence?
                  "Some people don't know their easy lives... I wouldn't be so ungrateful" - Fiacre Ryan - #AutismAndMe

Comment

Originally posted by Hugged Rugger

so bar killing a supporter your saying that 12 months is the maximum ban a player should recieve for any offence?

Well killing a supporter would be a little more serious [img]smileys/confused.gif[/img].In this case, no one has died apart from the assassination of Brennan's character.

Comment

Well killing a supporter would be a little more serious [img]smileys/confused.gif[/img].In this case, no one has died apart from the assassination of Brennan's character.

And the character of The Honourable Mr. Bamford.......

Comment

think he did a good enough job of damaging his own character. Either way, 12 months would still be too lenient. minimum of 2 to3 years for his actions. Even at that its hardly distrupting his earnings drastically as he owns a pub and if he has coaching ambitions it would only delay them not stop them
                        "Some people don't know their easy lives... I wouldn't be so ungrateful" - Fiacre Ryan - #AutismAndMe

Comment

Originally posted by Fly_caster

And the character of The Honourable Mr. Bamford.......

Anybody who'd say something as stupid as "A below par Irish pub" would have to have a few question marks over him anyway.
                          The early bird catches the worm but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese.

Comment

think he did a good enough job of damaging his own character. Either way, 12 months would still be too lenient. minimum of 2 to3 years for his actions. Even at that its hardly distrupting his earnings drastically as he owns a pub and if he has coaching ambitions it would only delay them not stop them

Emmmm, subtle difference is that they've banned him for life from coaching as well.

Comment

Brennan was TOTALLY at fault here and should get competely hammered for it. It would be nice if he came out and apologised, for he was in the wrong, even if Bamford insulted his mother, or called him a Fenian, or told him his bar was "below par" (whichever story you believe).

Having said that, whilst I am very much in believing Brennan was wrong here and the Ulster fans were made to look unfairly as bad as him, a lifetime ban is to much. You can murder someone and be out in 10 years. Drugs cheats are back in no time, people have pushed the referee, bitten off players ears etc and got nowhere near this time. As long as he unreservedly apologises 3-5 years would be right in my view.

In a court of non rugby law there is no way the rugby boards could justify this.

Comment

Working...
                              X