X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scrum Five
    replied
    Originally posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    Also their 7 should have got yellow for cheapshot on Genia which precipitated the mass brawl.
    Yep that was a clear yellow card offense. Also, Heinz the scrum half was fortunate not to get a red imho. I don't think Gloucester have a leg to stand on with that argument.

Leave a comment:

• lawrence
    replied
    His mam?

Leave a comment:

• The Last Stand
    replied
    Originally posted by lawrence View Post
    He never really got a grip on the game. The glaws offside was very obvious, but it suits them to complain about the ref and ignore the flaws in their own game.

They tried to play out of their own 22 a lot and got turned over, stupid chip kicks through.

I said it earlier that I don't think Lacey is a good ref, but you could have had 7 Nigel's and glaws would still have thrown it away with some Of their play
    Just shows how subjective opinions of refs are. Was speaking to someone today who said he had a decent game.

Leave a comment:

• lawrence
    replied
    He never really got a grip on the game. The glaws offside was very obvious, but it suits them to complain about the ref and ignore the flaws in their own game.

They tried to play out of their own 22 a lot and got turned over, stupid chip kicks through.

I said it earlier that I don't think Lacey is a good ref, but you could have had 7 Nigel's and glaws would still have thrown it away with some Of their play

Leave a comment:

• mr chips
    replied
    I think the reason he went with the yellow card rather than red was that he repeatedly asked for the incident to be shown on the big screen and for whatever reason it wasn't coming up. In the end I think he decided the whole TMO process was taking too long and went on what he'd seen of the incident himself, which was why he didn't escalate to red. Handled it as best he could, in that case.

Glaws can have no complaints, they barely made it out of their own 22 for most of the final half hour. They were never winning that game, especially once the points differential went above one score.

Leave a comment:

• Rebel Yell
    replied
    Lacey is getting a heap of abuse on social media. Apparently he was unfair to Gloucester! I watched the whole match and didn't think he had his best match. However if anything I felt Gloucester benefitted from him not applying the rules strictly eg they had a constant highline/offside. The Glocs 9 to my understanding of the new directives should have got a red card. Their scrum was a shambles and Ben Whitehouse on the line consistently pulled them up and on some occasions lacey let play continue. In a match when your front row is conceding penalty after penalty it usually ends up in the sinbin. Also their 7 should have got yellow for cheapshot on Genia which precipitated the mass brawl.

Stade were good value for their victory

Leave a comment:

• desperate dan
    replied
    Europe 1 Brexiteers 0. lets hope Clermont can make it a double.

Leave a comment:

• Giggsy
    replied
    Very deserving win for Stade. Silver lining in what was a horrific year for them.

Leave a comment:

• Scrum Five
    replied
    All over and Stade are Challenge Cup winners 2017! Parisse MOTM.

Leave a comment:

• Piquet
    replied
    All over.

Leave a comment:

• Piquet
    replied
    Try Glaws and Burns does a Keatley. 25-17 inside the last minute.

Leave a comment:

• Scrum Five
    replied
    Ross Moriarty goes in. Set up by Laidlaw. 25-17 almost FT.

Leave a comment:

• Piquet
    replied
    Looks like Connacht will be going to the Gardens next Saturday.

Leave a comment:

• Piquet
    replied
    Scrum Pen to Stade, scored by Steyn. 25-10 75 gone.

Leave a comment:

• Piquet
    replied
    Inside the last ten minutes......and Stade score under the sticks. 22-10. 71:30 gone.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X