Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Racing Metro 92 & Stade Francais Merger...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• isola ciarrai
    replied
    Originally posted by frombrittany View Post
    the merge is full dropped.
    this thread could be closed.
    Hmmm. Savare says he is running out of money for Stade, mentioned 3 months - assume the Racing merger was to consolidate Parisian rugby in a single viable club powered by Lorenzettis money? Stade proof that even TV windfall cannot keep a club going without a Lorenzetti or Boudajel, or that Bath clown, or Saracens SA moneybags, ploughing in their own cash. Sad to see them go, back to amateur. But unrealistic signings of the galactico method is not really feasible in rugby without immense private money which Guazzini used put in.

Leave a comment:

• frombrittany
    replied
    the merge is full dropped.
    this thread could be closed.

Leave a comment:

• lawrence
    replied
    Originally posted by neill_m View Post
    Stade have confirmed they will play their remaining home games removing any risk of them being automatically relegated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does that not depend on the players

Leave a comment:

• neill_m
    replied
    Originally posted by lawrence View Post
    Is this the response of The league to stop a strike that could have proven very costly for a lot of parties?
    Stade have confirmed they will play their remaining home games removing any risk of them being automatically relegated.

Leave a comment:

• lawrence
    replied
    Castres Stade and R92 Montpellier both postponed this weekend.

Is this the response of The league to stop a strike that could have proven very costly for a lot of parties?

Leave a comment:

• i_like_cake
    replied

yea,justreadthis...

http://www.lnr.fr/ligue-nationale-ru...tres-olympique

The NRL Bureau took into account the unprecedented nature of the situation and decided exceptionally to postpone the Castres Olympique / Stade Français Paris and Montpellier Hérault Rugby / Racing 92 matches this weekend to a later date.
    Game postpone dates will be announced by Monday evening.

Leave a comment:

• neill_m
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Wallyman
    replied
    Originally posted by Pony View Post
    [url]
    The whole thing is a cluster**** idiot idea. Stade will be reformed like LWelsh were from their merger with Lirish, and organically rise back up. Racing will go bust with 8k fans in shiny new 32k stadium, and will also end up starting again, likely back at their soon to be abandoned home.
    It was actually London Scottish and Richmond who were subsumed by London Irish, not London Welsh. Both clubs however, were reformed as amateur teams and have made it back as far as the Championship. London Welsh were would up this season though and kicked out of the Championship.

Leave a comment:

• i_like_cake
    replied
    Froom Gavin Mortimer on Twitter... (link above)..

French press reporting that the SF/Racing 92 merger might not now go ahead. A final decision is likely to be made on Friday
    1/
    At a meeting this morning - described by Lorenzetti as "heated" - players union leader Robins Tchale-Watchou said that the only way to..
    2/
    lift the strike is to stop the merger. He described the atmosphere in the meeting as "very tense" & said players had been "betrayed"
    3/

Leave a comment:

• the plastic paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by isola ciarrai View Post
    This may serve the useful function, by dumping 40 plus players on the transfer market, of depressing some of the stupid wages being paid for a smallish pool of available players. Maybe the TV money in its own right no longer enough. Toulouse watching with interest I'd say. Interesting that Lapasset was speaking only in the past few weeks about central contracts. If I were a French Stade player, a central contract would be looking good just now.
    The TV money isn't enough in England either, they are all being forced down the debt/ sugar daddy route. And the English clubs get a lot more cash from the RFU than the French clubs do.

Leave a comment:

• isola ciarrai
    replied
    Hmmmm. What about that block of Georgian granite, 21 years old THP Melikidze? They take it in with their mothers milk out there.

Leave a comment:

• isola ciarrai
    replied
    This may serve the useful function, by dumping 40 plus players on the transfer market, of depressing some of the stupid wages being paid for a smallish pool of available players. Maybe the TV money in its own right no longer enough. Toulouse watching with interest I'd say. Interesting that Lapasset was speaking only in the past few weeks about central contracts. If I were a French Stade player, a central contract would be looking good just now.

Leave a comment:

• i_like_cake
    replied
    Originally posted by dingledaly View Post
    Wonder if ROG will be looking for a job in a couple of months?
    I hope he's kept on there... what is his position? Kicking and defensive coach?

we are kind of full here..
    http://munsterrugby.ie/teams/coaching-management-staff/

Leave a comment:

• dingledaly
    replied
    Wonder if ROG will be looking for a job in a couple of months?

Leave a comment:

• Pony
    replied
    http://www.rugbyworld.com/news/with-...s-lustre-75990

"reigning Top 14 champions, Racing 92, whose average crowd this season is 8,863, a drop of 12.8% on last season. But that’s still small compared to neighbours Stade Francais, whose average gate is 9,321, 22% lower than last season."

The whole thing is a cluster**** idiot idea. Stade will be reformed like LWelsh were from their merger with Lirish, and organically rise back up. Racing will go bust with 8k fans in shiny new 32k stadium, and will also end up starting again, likely back at their soon to be abandoned home.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X