Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Racing Metro 92 & Stade Francais Merger...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pony View Post
    [url]
    The whole thing is a cluster**** idiot idea. Stade will be reformed like LWelsh were from their merger with Lirish, and organically rise back up. Racing will go bust with 8k fans in shiny new 32k stadium, and will also end up starting again, likely back at their soon to be abandoned home.
    It was actually London Scottish and Richmond who were subsumed by London Irish, not London Welsh. Both clubs however, were reformed as amateur teams and have made it back as far as the Championship. London Welsh were would up this season though and kicked out of the Championship.

Comment

Castres Stade and R92 Montpellier both postponed this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by neill_m View Post

yea,justreadthis...

http://www.lnr.fr/ligue-nationale-ru...tres-olympique

The NRL Bureau took into account the unprecedented nature of the situation and decided exceptionally to postpone the Castres Olympique / Stade Français Paris and Montpellier Hérault Rugby / Racing 92 matches this weekend to a later date.
        Game postpone dates will be announced by Monday evening.
        He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

Comment

Is this the response of The league to stop a strike that could have proven very costly for a lot of parties?

Comment

Originally posted by lawrence View Post
            Is this the response of The league to stop a strike that could have proven very costly for a lot of parties?
            Stade have confirmed they will play their remaining home games removing any risk of them being automatically relegated.

Comment

Stade have confirmed they will play their remaining home games removing any risk of them being automatically relegated.

Does that not depend on the players

Comment

the merge is full dropped.
                this thread could be closed.

Comment

Originally posted by frombrittany View Post
                  the merge is full dropped.
                  this thread could be closed.
                  Hmmm. Savare says he is running out of money for Stade, mentioned 3 months - assume the Racing merger was to consolidate Parisian rugby in a single viable club powered by Lorenzettis money? Stade proof that even TV windfall cannot keep a club going without a Lorenzetti or Boudajel, or that Bath clown, or Saracens SA moneybags, ploughing in their own cash. Sad to see them go, back to amateur. But unrealistic signings of the galactico method is not really feasible in rugby without immense private money which Guazzini used put in.

Comment

Working...
                  X