Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Racing Metro 92 & Stade Francais Merger...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Munsterboy View Post
    Think MR is a wholly owned subsidiary of the IRFU. Not sure if it's simply a limited company or something else. I'm sure others here know more than I do about that.
    All the provinces are limited companies.

Comment

Twitter reports that the Stade players are going on strike[emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by neill_m View Post
        Twitter reports that the Stade players are going on strike[emoji848]

Apparently "99.8%" of the playing squad has voted for it. Only 1 in 500 players against. With that size payroll no wonder they need taking over.

"I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
        Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

Racing Metro 92 & Stade Francais Merger...

This is an important topic and the Top 14 thread is being dominated....
          Mods is it possible to take the merge posts from the Top 14 thread to this thread?

This Guy Gavin Mortimer seems to have the inside track on a lot of stuff iin the Top 14, especially this merger..
          https://twitter.com/gavinmortimer7?r...Ctwgr%5Eauthor

If the strike goes ahead, this weekend, Castres will get 5 points and Stade docked 2 points..
          The same for their Toulon and Bayonne fixtures...
          If they forfeit 3 games, Stade are automatically relegated to D2..
          He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

Comment

He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

Comment

interesting articles here...

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-03-1...-rugby/8355004

with a great quote.... "You won't fill one stadium with two half stadiums. It's not some French can-can"

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/rugby-uni...rance-players/

"In an interview published on the L'Equipe website, Danty confirmed he and Camara attended the Stade Francais emergency player meeting, held at the Trois Obus restaurant, close to the Parc des Princes football stadium.

"I had to be there. I'll take the consequences of this trip to see my colleagues and supporters and to share in this moment of sadness with them," Danty said.

He said France's team management, led by head coach Guy Noves, objected to the players attending."

Comment

There'll be a fair few players and coaches who will be looking for new jobs after all this settles.
                Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
                Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

There were rumours that Stade agreed to the merger to avoid a takeover from a Qatari group...not true apparently. If Stade forfeit 3 games, they will be automatically relegated to Pro D2 - meaning Grenoble stay up and Bayonne play off v runner up in D2. Every game they forfeit - the opposition get the 5 pts, Stade lose 2 pts.

Comment

http://www.rugbyworld.com/news/with-...s-lustre-75990

"reigning Top 14 champions, Racing 92, whose average crowd this season is 8,863, a drop of 12.8% on last season. But that’s still small compared to neighbours Stade Francais, whose average gate is 9,321, 22% lower than last season."

The whole thing is a cluster**** idiot idea. Stade will be reformed like LWelsh were from their merger with Lirish, and organically rise back up. Racing will go bust with 8k fans in shiny new 32k stadium, and will also end up starting again, likely back at their soon to be abandoned home.

Comment

Wonder if ROG will be looking for a job in a couple of months?

Comment

Originally posted by dingledaly View Post
                        Wonder if ROG will be looking for a job in a couple of months?
                        I hope he's kept on there... what is his position? Kicking and defensive coach?

we are kind of full here..
                        http://munsterrugby.ie/teams/coaching-management-staff/

Comment

This may serve the useful function, by dumping 40 plus players on the transfer market, of depressing some of the stupid wages being paid for a smallish pool of available players. Maybe the TV money in its own right no longer enough. Toulouse watching with interest I'd say. Interesting that Lapasset was speaking only in the past few weeks about central contracts. If I were a French Stade player, a central contract would be looking good just now.

Comment

Hmmmm. What about that block of Georgian granite, 21 years old THP Melikidze? They take it in with their mothers milk out there.

Comment

Originally posted by isola ciarrai View Post
                              This may serve the useful function, by dumping 40 plus players on the transfer market, of depressing some of the stupid wages being paid for a smallish pool of available players. Maybe the TV money in its own right no longer enough. Toulouse watching with interest I'd say. Interesting that Lapasset was speaking only in the past few weeks about central contracts. If I were a French Stade player, a central contract would be looking good just now.
                              The TV money isn't enough in England either, they are all being forced down the debt/ sugar daddy route. And the English clubs get a lot more cash from the RFU than the French clubs do.

Comment

Froom Gavin Mortimer on Twitter... (link above)..

French press reporting that the SF/Racing 92 merger might not now go ahead. A final decision is likely to be made on Friday
                                1/
                                At a meeting this morning - described by Lorenzetti as "heated" - players union leader Robins Tchale-Watchou said that the only way to..
                                2/
                                lift the strike is to stop the merger. He described the atmosphere in the meeting as "very tense" & said players had been "betrayed"
                                3/

Comment

Working...
                                X