Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Racing Metro 92 & Stade Francais Merger...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Originally posted by Munstersrebel View Post
    What if they play each other in the semi of the boucles?
    R92 sitting 6 pts outside the playoff/European spots. Stade just looking to stay above Grenoble, although the gap is 13 pts with 6 games left.

    Comment


      #17
      So does this mean that there's trouble in paradise? I presume that despite the torrent of cash in the French game that it's financial pressure that's driving this?
      Munster – Champions of Europe 2006, 2008, 2020.

      Comment


        #18
        Originally posted by rathbaner View Post
        So does this mean that there's trouble in paradise? I presume that despite the torrent of cash in the French game that it's financial pressure that's driving this?
        The sugar daddies getting tired of spending and not seeing the reward

        Comment


          #19
          The 2 sides get very poor crowds compared to the rest of the Top 14 also.

          Comment


            #20
            How will they manage players on contracts where they now end up with a surplus and will coaches be made redundant......Those are some of the things that it will be interesting to see play out in time.

            Comment


              #21
              Have they a THP we can take?

              Comment


                #22
                Originally posted by Corcíoch View Post
                How will they manage players on contracts where they now end up with a surplus and will coaches be made redundant......Those are some of the things that it will be interesting to see play out in time.
                I'm sure Goosens will also be interested in this.

                Comment


                  #23
                  Nigel probably won't approve.

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Originally posted by MunsterBakery View Post
                    Have they a THP we can take?
                    Two!

                    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Alo-Emile
                    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Tameifuna

                    Comment


                      #25
                      Originally posted by Chrizzzie View Post
                      I'm sure Goosens will also be interested in this.
                      I thought that too, but his issue is mostly with the commerce /juridical entity of Racing 92

                      Comment


                        #26
                        There'll be a massive clear out of personnel on both sides of the touchline. I wonder if Stade are poor relation in this marriage of convenience. Still though it's a sad indictment of Parisian rugby that something like this is coming to pass.

                        I wonder what ROG is thinking now.
                        The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

                        Comment


                          #27
                          Originally posted by The Word Is Born View Post
                          There'll be a massive clear out of personnel on both sides of the touchline. I wonder if Stade are poor relation in this marriage of convenience. Still though it's a sad indictment of Parisian rugby that something like this is coming to pass.

                          I wonder what ROG is thinking now.
                          The article mentioned they were tokd 2mts ago...

                          Comment


                            #28
                            Seems to be more a takeover of Stade than a merger. Stade apparently made the first move 10 months ago. Their players/coaches were only told this morning according to twitter reports.

                            Comment


                              #29
                              There are probably better performing French players in some of these positions but as a list of names for next season it's pretty crazy:

                              Taulafau Szarzewski Slimani
                              Nakarawa A.Williams
                              Nyanga Parisse Alberts
                              Genia Carter
                              Imhoff Chavancy Laulala Rokocoko
                              Dulin

                              Ben Arous, Chat, Swanepoel, Pape, Masoe, Machenaud, Steyn, Thomas

                              Comment


                                #30
                                Originally posted by The Word Is Born View Post
                                There'll be a massive clear out of personnel on both sides of the touchline. I wonder if Stade are poor relation in this marriage of convenience. Still though it's a sad indictment of Parisian rugby that something like this is coming to pass.

                                I wonder what ROG is thinking now.
                                He should be in a good position shouldn't he, given the apparent balance of power?
                                "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

                                "Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy


                                "I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X