Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Super Rugby 2017 Thread

Rebels V Blues on in Melbourne right now

Its as ridiculous and tackle discretionary as it always was: scoreline of 18-46 so far after an hour.

They just dont like tackling, they like running around, its as intense as a preseason game up here.
    I am the million man.

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
    Rebels V Blues on in Melbourne right now

Its as ridiculous and tackle discretionary as it always was: scoreline of 18-46 so far after an hour.

They just dont like tackling, they like running around, its as intense as a preseason game up here.
    Like glorified basketball, impressive athleticism but dull as a contest, imho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It's become 7's mixed with rugby league. High paced game with little to no structure.
      He's a guy who gets up at six o'clock in the morning regardless of what time it is.

Comment

Very enjoyable game this morning between the Highlanders and the Crusaders.

Loads of off the cuff loose running Rugby. An official who let the game flow and didn't pull on every little thing and plenty of scores.

Very enjoyable.

Comment

Watched the second half, was a superb game. High scoring but people still making their tackles. The kiwi ability to straighten every attacking line just generates so much space on the field. Defences can't crab toward the touchline.

NZ franchises really decide the title between themselves at the moment. The other nations are watching on.

My only gripe were the jerseys being difficult to separate. Black V Navy was stupid
          I am the million man.

Comment

Missed the second half but how did the Crusaders come back from that! Great result for a team full of inexperience.

Comment

Heading to saffie land in May after a visit to Vic Falls got 3 games to see lined up
              Cheetahs vs Highlanders May 5 Bloemfontein
              Bulls vs Highlanders May 13 Pretoria
              Stormers Vs Blues on 19th Cape Town
              Going to be totally neutral and wear my Munster gear

Any one been there, any good pubs or restaurants I should hit.
              psychoanalysis is wasted on the Irish; Sigmund Freud

Comment

Watching dumpers rebels V the chiefs. Interesting game, the instinct to run hard is in everyone. Great skills on display. Chiefs up 11-14 12 mins left

But the breakdown is mad craic, from my reckoning at every breakdown there is one player doing something illegal and getting away with it.

Comment

12 minutes into the game and the Hurricanes, at home to the 'Tahs' have 3 converted tries already!!

This could get ugly.

Comment

The elder Ms Piquet and her Boyfriend are there. 38-21 60 gone.

Comment

There was a forward pass there from Beauden Barrett, as he stood facing the touchline. The Touch Judge was perfectly in line with it and nowt was given.

Comment

What stupidity there, from the 'Canes. They get a Penalty with time up. They kick for touch but under the new dispensation, play continues with the Line-out which they lose. the 'Tahs nearly get a try but are held up and the game finishes.

Why not take the Pen to one's self and then kick it dead? or kick it over the Dead-Ball Line?

BTW Beauden Barrett got the line in the last few minutes. Don't know why. (Work interrupted)

Comment

Originally posted by Piquet View Post
                          What stupidity there, from the 'Canes. They get a Penalty with time up. They kick for touch but under the new dispensation, play continues with the Line-out which they lose. the 'Tahs nearly get a try but are held up and the game finishes.

Why not take the Pen to one's self and then kick it dead? or kick it over the Dead-Ball Line?

BTW Beauden Barrett got the line in the last few minutes. Don't know why. (Work interrupted)
                          I missed the game from about 30 mins on . . . . .TV acting up.

Is that 2 yellow cards in one game for Barrett? He got one in the first half for a deliberate knock down as the Tahs approached the Canes line.

edit, I see online reports now. Red Card for Barrett. Because of 2 Yellows.
                          Last edited by Corcíoch; 7th-April-2017, 12:01.

Comment

It was definitely Beauden went off.

Comment

Cummiskey does it again in today's Times.

It seems "The restructured Super Rugby format for next season ..... will be reduced from a 17-to 15 team competition"

Comment

Working...
                              X