Cockerill Sacked

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cockerill Sacked

I can understand his sacking but he is fairly unlucky with the number of injuries he has had over the recent past. He has exited in classy fashion and I could see him making a trip to France for a few seasons.

Vacancy at Connacht😆

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. (Marcus Aurelius, 121-189 AD)

Comment

Lancaster could possibly take the helm at Leicester then.
      and my home, my home is there.

Comment

A good rugby man and great servent of the Tigers. I think he has been treated badly by the boardroom in Welford Road. That length of service requires more than a mid season sacking - football mentality. I would be delighted to see Connacht step in with an offer.

Comment

Originally posted by DABOSS View Post
          I can understand his sacking but he is fairly unlucky with the number of injuries he has had over the recent past. He has exited in classy fashion and I could see him making a trip to France for a few seasons.
          Bit soccer like......
          Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

Originally posted by untilyouhearthatbell View Post
            Lancaster could possibly take the helm at Leicester then.
            Lots of coaches out there looking for a decent gig.
            Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
            Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

EOS

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. (Marcus Aurelius, 121-189 AD)

Comment

Originally posted by DABOSS View Post
                Hardly a shock, Tigers had descended into a rabble. He'd have been sacked after our game in WR but for us misjudging how sh!t they actually were.

Comment

Jones saying there could be a place for him on England coaching team

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
                    EOS

Mattie Williams
                    Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Ulster need somebody to sort out their forwards. Kiss is not exactly covering himself in glory up there. Even their defence is crap, and he's supposed to be an expert in that area.

Comment

Originally posted by Munsterboy View Post
                        Ulster need somebody to sort out their forwards. Kiss is not exactly covering himself in glory up there. Even their defence is crap, and he's supposed to be an expert in that area.
                        It would certainly be a great move for the IRFU to get Lancaster into Ulster as Head Coach imo but I could see him being offered big money by English Clubs like Leicester and Northampton.

I think most of Leinsters very good form this season is down to him.

Comment

Interesting article here - https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...hard-cockerill

Couple of bits stood out for me.
                          Given it was Cockerill who approached Mauger to ask for assistance in rejuvenating Leicester’s attacking game, it was also interesting to hear the Kiwi suggest both individuals were aware from the start they would clash stylistically. “Cockers and I knew when I took the role on – and Cockers was the guy who brought me over to work with him – that there would be a lot of differences between us but we thought that could be a good thing. Personally we get along well but, unfortunately, we couldn’t work through those barriers. When you have too many differences it is often hard to give clarity to people and that is probably where we came a bit unstuck.”
                          Also
                          “It has certainly been very unsettling,” said Mauger, who has been placed in charge until the end of the season. “Cockers is a family man, he’s a good man, he’s got kids and he’s got feelings too. I certainly feel for him in the situation he is in … it could easily have been me.” ... “I just want to survive and get through the next few weeks. It can be a pretty fickle game, as we have just found out with people getting fired.”
                          Despite having been retained in preference to Cockerill, Mauger doesn't seem to feel all that secure in his own position.
                          Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Originally posted by mr chips View Post
                            Despite having been retained in preference to Cockerill, Mauger doesn't seem to feel all that secure in his own position.
                            Hmmmm, it does seem a bit like Gats & Eddie from this distance.
                            Munster – Champions of Europe 2006, 2008, 2019.

Comment

I could be one of many. If you want to throw a few names of coaches possibly looking for the gig about what about:-

Meyer
                              Lancaster
                              Galthié
                              White
                              Mauger (who knows if he's secure or not).

That list is far from complete too.
                              Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
                              Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

Working...
                              X