Player who Dylan Hartley'ed woman ref banned for three years

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Player who Dylan Hartley'ed woman ref banned for three years

Haven't seen this posted here. WTF was going on in this guy's head?

The Argentinian rugby player Bruno Doglioli has been banned for three years for his vicious tackle on a female referee during an Italian club game.
    Doglioli was suspended by his Italian club Vicenza after only receiving a yellow card for a no-arms tackle on Maria Beatrice Benvenuti. Benvenuti was taken to hospital after suffering whiplash.
    Vicenza were playing against Italian Serie A side Valsugana last week.

Doglioli has now been banned by the Italian Rugby Federation, who punishment is the longest ban imposed in Italian rugby in the last 20 years. The IRF condemned the act of violence against Benvenuti and said Doglioli not only breached the rules of rugby but also contradiced the values of sport.

Linkage
    Last edited by rathbaner; 15th-December-2016, 20:30.
    Munster – Champions of Europe 2006, 2008, 2019.

Three Year Ban for Hitting Ref in Italian Lower League Game

I didn't know where to put this, but an Italian lower league (pro? semi pro?) player has been given a ridiculously short ban for attacking/a dropped shoulder tackle on a female ref in his game. There's video of it and the only thing that can be said is he's a nutter. I wouldn't want to be on a team with him, let alone play against him.

http://deadspin.com/italian-rugby-pl...-ye-1790143103

Comment

I was going to gender irrelevant but she was a waif of a girl compared to him. Would have no problem with police being asked to investigate

And only a yellow, generous of her. Probably concussed and gave him benefit of doubt it was accidental
      Last edited by Hugged Rugger; 15th-December-2016, 21:34.
      "Some people don't know their easy lives... I wouldn't be so ungrateful" - Fiacre Ryan - #AutismAndMe

Comment

He must have got (in his head ) a bad decision , if that was my wife i'd call the cops .....A/hole

Comment

Can the irb step in and implement a life ban? What was his defence I wonder. Team captain too
          "Some people don't know their easy lives... I wouldn't be so ungrateful" - Fiacre Ryan - #AutismAndMe

Comment

3 year ban not nearly long enough.
            Effin' Scobe.
            The problem with this world is there are too many snakes... and not enough Ladders!
            Originally posted by joconnell
            If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.

Comment

A cowardly hit too. She couldn't even see him
              "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Originally posted by Mrenda View Post
                I didn't know where to put this, but an Italian lower league (pro? semi pro?) player has been given a ridiculously short ban for attacking/a dropped shoulder tackle on a female ref in his game. There's video of it and the only thing that can be said is he's a nutter. I wouldn't want to be on a team with him, let alone play against him.

http://deadspin.com/italian-rugby-pl...-ye-1790143103
                As it happens you put it in the right place.
                Munster – Champions of Europe 2006, 2008, 2019.

Comment

Originally posted by rathbaner View Post
                  As it happens you put it in the right place.
                  It certainly has nothing to do with actual rugby.

Comment

She suffered whiplash

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
                    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. (Marcus Aurelius, 121-189 AD)

Comment

Working...
                    X