X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Northampton probably gone

<H2 =clear></H2>
    <DIV =story>
    <DIV id=advert_1>@@@@SPAN id=intelliTXT>Despite a valiant comeback, Northampton Saints look destined for the lower leagues after suffering a agonizing 35-29 defeat to Wasps at Adams Park on Sunday. The hosts, meanwhile, now look set for the Guinness Premiership play-offs.

The scorers:

For London Wasps:
    Tries: Waters, Cipriani, Sackey 2
    Cons: Van Gisbergen 3
    Pens: Van Gisbergen 2

For Northampton Saints:
    Tries: Labit, Hartley
    Cons: Reihana 2
    Pens: Spencer, Reihana 4
    @@@@/SPAN></DIV></DIV>
    Shaqtastic...29 points

I enjoyed that, I honestly enjoy the GP a lot more than the ML most of the time. The teams really really want to win. It's so refreshing. I couldn't give a rats ass if people say the play is boring or whatever at least they want to win.
    Kiva - Loans That Change Lives

Comment

i'd agree-i actually think the standard has improved has improved this year- i hate agreeing with stephen jones but i think the GP is a higher standard than the magners league - the likes of borders and edinburgh are shockingly poor outfits - connacht not much better i'm afraid (that's not all connacht's fault though the IRFU could make them ahell of alot more competitive)and the bottom teams in the premiership are considerably better than those in the magners league

Comment

Tigers/Hairsprays game was excellent. Not much between 2 decent teams.

Comment

I think Northampton will stay up, all they have to do is beat London Irish at home, and Worcester to lose to Saracens (the form team in Europe) at home, so it's all possible for them!

Comment

I was at the game today.... magic second half... the saints were forced to score tries to keep their hopes alive... trusting just Reihana to kick them to safety was finally kicked to touch...
            Lewsey had a shocker... he'll be lucky to play against them in the HEC semi final...
            O'connor had a great game as did Worsely when he came on in the second half.. dangerous men, on any pitch...
            He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Dermot G
              Tigers/Hairsprays game was excellent. Not much between 2 decent teams.

Who won ?

Comment

saints will beat irish. i think worcester will go down
                If the lessons of history teach us anything it is that nobody learns the lessons that history teaches us.

Comment

Working...
                X