Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ashton

Not sure if covered elsewhere can't see anything,
    Ashton banned for 13 weeks for the biting incident.
    psychoanalysis is wasted on the Irish; Sigmund Freud

It was on the Aviva 2016/7 thread, quite a ludicrous suspension imo (unless they have access to a different angle). Seems he is going to head off and play League instead if an appeal is unsuccessful.
    My computer thinks I'm gay
    What's the difference anyway
    When all the people do all day
    Is stare into a phone

Comment

http://www.planetrugby.com/news/asht...sed-of-biting/

This is the supposed incident. The arm is forced into his face by the prop. I think the prop should have been the one copping a ban
      Is stare into a phone

Comment

Well one does have to put food on the table.

Comment

Originally posted by sewa View Post
          It was on the Aviva 2016/7 thread, quite a ludicrous suspension imo (unless they have access to a different angle). Seems he is going to head off and play League instead if an appeal is unsuccessful.
          League is welcome to him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by the plastic paddy View Post

Care to discuss the incident in question? Its a joke of a decision
            Is stare into a phone

Comment

Care to discuss the incident in question? Its a joke of a decision
              I have yet to see him get through a game without doing something cheap and dirty that warrants a citing. He is a filthy player who has zero respect for any spirit that is left in the game. To even contemplate biting someone on a rugby field, regardless of any provocation is indicative of just what a scut the man is. Whether Waller should have been cited as well is a moot point but nothing excuses a player biting another player.

Comment

I have yet to see him get through a game without doing something cheap and dirty that warrants a citing. He is a filthy player who has zero respect for any spirit that is left in the game. To even contemplate biting someone on a rugby field, regardless of any provocation is indicative of just what a scut the man is. Whether Waller should have been cited as well is a moot point but nothing excuses a player biting another player.

Lets not talk about your percepetion of him in other games or the moral high horse angle. Have you seen the so called incident? He is the victim if anything
                Is stare into a phone

Comment

When I heard the decision and the length of the ban this morning it occurred to me that he might throw the towel in and head back to League.
                  I am very much of the knee jerk reaction brigade when it comes to the lad it has to be said. however, for the sake of balance. Will Greenwood who gets paid for his opinion on Rugby Union (unlike mine) has a certain amount of sympathy for him:

http://www.skysports.com/rugby-union...will-greenwood.
                  www.canvasclubshop.com

Comment

Does seem very harsh based on what we have seen alright. The bite marks were shown to the referee immediately though so assume its easy tie them appearing with the incident we have seen in the video. Second controversial decision hes been hit with after the "gouging" last year, no doubt the decision here was influenced by his track record, if hed gotten away with it last year then who knows how this would have gone.

Comment

I think it is very hard to accurately judge any player based purely on what we the fans might see.

If you try to go by other players treatment of these guys it can look different. I'd always see other players, Irish, Munster players chatting away to Chris after games on the park. It never looked put on. His peers don't seem to have the same attitude as so many fans.

Similarly with Farrell. Another guy who is hated. I can clearly remember the respect in Paul O Connells words when he spoke about Farrell on the last Lions Tour.

I'm not condoning biting. I'm just saying some guys are easy to dislike.

Greenwood seems to think he is just a bit of an eejit as opposed to a deliberate dirty player.

It's very likely the incident last year exasperated the punishment this time.

Comment

Lets not talk about your percepetion of him in other games or the moral high horse angle. Have you seen the so called incident? He is the victim if anything
                        Maybe he is the victim of the luck he has created for himself through his incessant cheap shots. Liam Williams' dirty play eventually cost Wales an historic test win in SA and he finally realised that he was wasting his talent through constantly behaving like a scum bag. Ashton was no more unlucky with this incident or last year's contact with Luke Marshall's eye area last year than Williams was when he cost Wales that test match, he has made his own luck and I have zero sympathy.

Comment

I listened to an interview Brian Moore got out of him on British radio after a euro knock out game last season. He was extremely insightful, interested and it was brilliant radio

I think he is often cast as a type of fella that bore no relation to the guy speaking so earnestly on that interview. I'd be disappointed to see him leave Union
                          I am the million man.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
                            I listened to an interview Brian Moore got out of him on British radio after a euro knock out game last season. He was extremely insightful, interested and it was brilliant radio

I think he is often cast as a type of fella that bore no relation to the guy speaking so earnestly on that interview. I'd be disappointed to see him leave Union
                            The comparison to Liam Williams is apposite. He has shown that it is perfectly possible to play the game hard but straight in spite of his having spent most of his career seeking to use a rugby match as a vehicle to injure people. Ashton has just as much ability but is incapable of growing up. And having seen the incident he is lucky he only got 13 weeks, IMHO.

Comment

An arm was shoved into his face / mouth. You can't honestly think he deserved a ban. As for the other comments above I would concur with Corky, he is a very popular player amongst other top pro's.
                              Is stare into a phone

Comment

Working...
                              X