Liam Williams...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Liam Williams...

What a wonderful player... Everytime he got the ball for scarlets I was worried...

and the recent improvement in temperment is another quality thing about him. As far as I can tell from last years 6 nations game against Ireland and the last 3 Munster Scarlets games, is that he seems to have turned into a hard player, no cheapshots...
    He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

Originally posted by i_like_cake View Post
    What a wonderful player... Everytime he got the ball for scarlets I was worried...

and the recent improvement in temperment is another quality thing about him. As far as I can tell from last years 6 nations game against Ireland and the last 3 Munster Scarlets games, is that he seems to have turned into a hard player, no cheapshots...
    He is a different player since he cost Wales that test in SA two summers back. And he got pole axed twice on Saturday, at least, and apart from when his own player caught him after TOD clattered him, he just got up and got on with the game without turning into a head hunter. Now he has stopped the cheap shots he is one of my favourite players to watch, constantly threatening and brave as a lion for a, relatively, small man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Bandiest legs ever. He can walk over small rucks without breaking stride.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
      Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
      Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

Originally posted by the plastic paddy View Post
        He is a different player since he cost Wales that test in SA two summers back. And he got pole axed twice on Saturday, at least, and apart from when his own player caught him after TOD clattered him, he just got up and got on with the game without turning into a head hunter. Now he has stopped the cheap shots he is one of my favourite players to watch, constantly threatening and brave as a lion for a, relatively, small man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        I think John Ryan tackled him good and hard and after landed on him, cue Williams hands in the face and pushing the munster players head into the ground when getting up.

He still looked the best player on the pitch, in the 1st half anyway.

Comment

For a stringy looking man, he is freakishly strong in contact. An absolutely brilliant player, give me him over Halfpenny any day of the week.

Comment

Originally posted by thoughtless View Post
            For a stringy looking man, he is freakishly strong in contact. An absolutely brilliant player, give me him over Halfpenny any day of the week.
            Lolz, Halfpenny is probably Wales most important player of the last 5 years:
            Halfpenny is the third highest record points scorer for Wales after Neil Jenkins and Stephen Jones.
            I am the million man.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
              Halfpenny is the third highest record points scorer for Wales after Neil Jenkins and Stephen Jones.
              Given the outhalves can kick i'd take Williams every time, a genius of a rugby player. Halfpenny was class but time moves on
              My computer thinks I'm gay
              What's the difference anyway
              When all the people do all day
              Is stare into a phone

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
                Yeah, what Sewa said. It's a trade-off I wouldn't make; you lose a huge amount of attacking ability if you have Halfpenny in at Williams' expense, and for a pretty marginal gain in goal-kicking accuracy over Biggar.

It's probably moot for Wales to be honest, because Halfpenny, North, and Williams are likely their three best back three players in any case, but I know who I'd prefer in my Lions team, for example.
                Last edited by thoughtless; 6th-September-2016, 09:39.

Comment

Originally posted by thoughtless View Post

Would not call him Stringy, he is a hard boy and very rarely loses ball in contact, almost like an open side flanker, he wriggles/twists/crocodiles but the ball comes back on his side, the temperament change has to be down to Gatland, road to Damascus stuff.

Comment

He has always had incredible talent and he certainly seems to have matured from the petulant little gurrier, specializing in cheap shots, that he was in earlier days. I was very impressed with him in the last match of the season in Thomond Park in May. I don't recall the exact details but I remember him going back to check on a Munster player he had tackled who had stayed down. I was slightly surprised at the time but he certainly turned a corner on his attitude I think

Comment

We should sign him, he'd be a superstar if he was playing for Munster because he actually cares about his game. You don't see that in many Welsh internationals outside the test arena.

And David Nucifora can eff off too.
                      Munster – Champions of Europe 2006, 2008, 2019.

Comment

What a game from him tonight..
                        Admittedly only seen second half so far...

Sent from my Oneplus 3 on Tapatalk, suckers...
                        He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

Comment

Originally posted by i_like_cake View Post
                          What a game from him tonight..
                          Admittedly only seen second half so far...

Sent from my Oneplus 3 on Tapatalk, suckers...
                          At the moment, I'd have Liam Williams as the starting Lions test fullback (if not FB then on the wing). Hard as nails, fast, great in the air etc. He seems to have cleaned up his act too. Halfpenny looks a shadow of his former self though he's still a very good place kicker.
                          Erse end of nowhere

Comment

Hogg FB and Liam Williams wing for Lions ATM

Comment

Realistically there's still over half a season of form to be judged - November internationals, 6N, group and knockout European matches. The players who deserve to travel will only emerge then. And injuries will get in the way.
                              Last edited by blackwarrior; 15th-November-2016, 11:57.
                              "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
                              Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

Working...
                              X