• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leinster salvage a losing bp.

38-29 Full time.

Comment

Lucky with last try. Couldn't see grounding
      "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Leinster got something out of that. That's like the old Leinster, getting something out of nothing. Mind you, the commentators kept saying Leinster got a "losing bonus point". They didn't - but they got a 4-try bonus - same result so.

But Scarlets gave them that with poor play on their 22 in the last minute. Teams aspiring to top 4 can't afford to be giving anything to their opponents.
        "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
        Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

Try bonus point, right?
          Only fools and drunks argue over everything. If you don’t have a hangover the next day you’re not the drunk...

Comment

Originally posted by Oldschoolsocks View Post
            Try bonus point, right?
            We'll be top tomorrow night then.

Comment

Rumours that Sexton could be taking a break for up to 9 months in an effort to get his body right. Joe dismissed the idea after ABs game but said on Saturday that both Ireland & Leinster were now talking of a break.

Leinster to hold a press conference later today and you'd expect some clarity on the situation then.

I hope he does what is best for himself.

Comment

That would be a big blow for Leinsters ERCC aspirations imo.

There was talk of them going a good distance in the Competition this year - and there was justification to it imo.

Loosing Sexton would change things alot however.

Comment

Originally posted by Corcíoch View Post
                  That would be a big blow for Leinsters ERCC aspirations imo.

There was talk of them going a good distance in the Competition this year - and there was justification to it imo.

Loosing Sexton would change things alot however.
                  They'll be grand. Carberry will step in at 10, and Furlong will do the kicking.
                  "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/stuart-...ail/story.html

Stuart Lancaster – England's head coach at last year's World Cup – is a firm frontrunner for a role in what could end up being a revamped rugby operations structure at Bristol.
                    The 47-year-old – who was in charge of the England team from 2012 to 2015 – is now a senior coach at Irish giants Leinster, having been appointed on a deal until the end of this season.
                    One interesting twist regarding Bristol's interest in Lancaster is that they may be seeking to make two appointments rather than one following Andy Robinson's sacking as director of rugby earlier this month.
                    I am the million man.

Comment

The only way he will do it is if promotion/ relegation from the AP is suspended, IMHO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If Sexton is told to take a lengthy break, will Leinster be able to sign someone suitable-ish to replace him? Particularly with Cathal Marsh currently out injured too.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Gibson View Post
                          If Sexton is told to take a lengthy break, will Leinster be able to sign someone suitable-ish to replace him? Particularly with Cathal Marsh currently out injured too.
                          Beauden Barratt or Aaron Cruden will be quiet for the next couple of months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Gibson View Post
                            They have Carberry and Nacewa for 10
                            My computer thinks I'm gay
                            What's the difference anyway
                            When all the people do all day
                            Is stare into a phone

Comment

Originally posted by sewa View Post
                              They have Carberry and Nacewa for 10
                              Byrne too, I would expect that IRFU would be fairly protective of that 10 position. Carbery would benefit from game time.

Comment

From what we've seen so far Carberry will thrive as Leinster's front line 10. His european debut against Castres was sublime. He also closed out the NZ test in Chicago with aplomb. His ability with the ball in hand is beyond anything I've seen in an Irish 10.

I feel for Jackson as he's done nothing wrong but Carberry clearly has a far higher ceiling. This is a test for Irish rugby, if a guy like Carberry pops up in NZ rugby he is integrated into the senior team and groomed to be the best he can be (see the latest Barrett). Carberry has gotten exposure due to circumstance (Madi-gone, Sexton injuries), I hope we see him get plenty of time in the 6N.

Comment

Working...
                                X