Pro12 Final 2016: Connacht v Leinster - Sat 28th May, 5:30pm

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pro12 Final 2016: Connacht v Leinster - Sat 28th May, 5:30pm

For the first time in the Celtic League history, the final will be contested by two teams from outside the country of the final. With it's woeful history of attendances for club matches, it's the worst outcome for a final at Murrayfield.

Nevertheless, it is what it is.

Really hope Connacht can give it 110% and finish the job. What a reward that would be for Lam, Muldoon, Muldowney and Connacht Rugby.

Did they really have to march on Lansdowne Road to fight for their future? Seems unreal now.
    Last edited by blackwarrior; 22nd-May-2016, 13:58.
    "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
    Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Should be a great game. Connacht need to control the emotions - today was only a semi, albeit a historic one for the Men of the West- and keep focused on the next game
    "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

I think I might just drag out the Ireland jersey and head to Scotland to roar on the weshties. Blue magoos have to be roaring favourites though.

Comment

Fantastic performance by the Cons.

Healy and Adeolokun must be the 2 quickest wingers in Ireland- Adeolokun cant be far off making the Irish squad.
        ​​​​​​#GiveLeinsterTheHCupNow

Originally Posted by mr chips
        AG gets the responses he does because he is a journalist..

Comment

Originally posted by AdolphusGrigson View Post
          Fantastic performance by the Cons.

Healy and Adeolokun must be the 2 quickest wingers in Ireland- Adeolokun cant be far off making the Irish squad.
          And O'Halloran must be close to the quickest FB (Zebo might be a tad faster but O'Halloran has the better all-round game). As a trio, they are certainly the fastest back three in Ireland. Schmidt should take all three to SA. They deserve it on form :

FBs : Payne and O'Halloran.
          Wings : Trimble, Earls, Healy, Adeolokun (Fitz worth consideration too after his Leinster semi final, but you always think he's going to break down).

Schmidt's squad will be nothing like this, and will contain the Kearney brothers and McFadden, plus some dross in the pack too.
          Erse end of nowhere

Comment

Ah yes, McPastIt (&probably never had it anyway) and Daverage, two of uncle Joe's shining lights.

P s. And still some wonder why Argentina hammered us at RWC 15, go figure hey?!

alas they are just north munster now.......

Comment

Unfortunately I can't see Connacht winning the final, I hope I'm wrong and God knows Connacht have been defying expectations all season but Leinster were super on Friday and I struggle to see how Connacht will live with them in or near that form tbh. Sexton and Heaslip are their 2 key players but they've big strength at front row & centre also which makes them hard to combat tbh.

Pity it's in Scotland. With the likelyhood of Irish teams making the final most years (every year so far??) , and with such poor traveling record for these matches when over overseas, there is probably a case for having the final in Ireland every year tbh, with a review done e every 3 years say, if the other countries teams records improve in the competition.

P.s. After the cave in by our celtic cousins to ruin the Heineken cup, this might be just the sort of proposal to bounce back at them with the broadcasters and sponsors on board for it imho. That might learn them!!
              Last edited by Daithi; 22nd-May-2016, 07:08.

alas they are just north munster now.......

Comment

Should be a cracking game. I think the packs are relatively even but our intensity on Friday was something else and possibly our best performance since whooping Glasgow in the Pro12 final 2 years ago! In a way it's both wonderful and awful that we've Connacht in the Final. If we lose, we've lost the title and if we win it'd be like kicking a puppy! We're the Empire and Connacht is Luke Skywalker.

Comment

Originally posted by Cianostays View Post
                  Should be a cracking game. I think the packs are relatively even but our intensity on Friday was something else and possibly our best performance since whooping Glasgow in the Pro12 final 2 years ago! In a way it's both wonderful and awful that we've Connacht in the Final. If we lose, we've lost the title and if we win it'd be like kicking a puppy! We're the Empire and Connacht is Luke Skywalker.
                  Empire ?

Comment

Originally posted by bankman View Post
                    Empire ?

We're Evil and Connacht are the good guys

Comment

Originally posted by Daithi View Post

And still some wonder why Argentina hammered us at RWC 15, go figure hey?!

I asked my kid sister and she suggested that it might have been partly because we were missing some key players and partly because the Pumas were a pretty decent team. (It's a real shame that you don't have a kid sister who could help stop you from making such a fool of yourself in public, isn't it?)
                      New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

Originally posted by Cianostays View Post
                        We're Evil and Connacht are the good guys
                        Not to worry, as long as the rugby ball doesn't realise that, we should be OK next Saturday!
                        New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffy View Post
                          And O'Halloran must be close to the quickest FB (Zebo might be a tad faster but O'Halloran has the better all-round game). As a trio, they are certainly the fastest back three in Ireland. Schmidt should take all three to SA. They deserve it on form :

FBs : Payne and O'Halloran.
                          Wings : Trimble, Earls, Healy, Adeolokun (Fitz worth consideration too after his Leinster semi final, but you always think he's going to break down).

Schmidt's squad will be nothing like this, and will contain the Kearney brothers and McFadden, plus some dross in the pack too.
                          Have to have Zebo. Cant see Lam keeping quiet about his players not getting a fair crack. Adeolokun's defence was mentioned during the game by the commentator as something he had to improve on. He looks very strong, quick as lightening good hands and an eye for a break - is he anywhere near the 7 squad?
                          ​​​​​​#GiveLeinsterTheHCupNow

Originally Posted by mr chips
                          AG gets the responses he does because he is a journalist..

Comment

But Henshaw is going over to the Dark Side for next season.

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffy View Post
                              And O'Halloran must be close to the quickest FB (Zebo might be a tad faster but O'Halloran has the better all-round game).....
                              Zebo has great top end speed.
                              Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
                              Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

Working...
                              X