• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EPCR 3rd tier competition details confirmed

Details of the 3rd Tier Tournament announced:
    Thoughts?

http://www.epcrugby.com/news/31194.php#.Vilgt6NOMdW

The two pool winners will then go through to a finals stage of the Qualifying Competition where they will play off against Rugby Calvisano or a nominated representative of the Italian Rugby Federation (FIR), and against Enisei-STM or a nominated representative of the Russian Union, on a home and away basis.

At the conclusion of the play-offs, two clubs will qualify for the 2016/17 Challenge Cup.
    The Qualifying Competition is organised by Rugby Europe in conjunction with EPCR and the FIR.
    Pool A
    Femi-CZ Rugby Rovigo (Italy)
    Valladolid Rugby (Spain)
    Fiamme Oro Rugby Roma (Italy)
    Heidelberger Ruderklub (Germany)

Pool B
    Timisoara Saracens (Romania)
    Mogliano Rugby (Italy)
    GD Direito (Portugal)
    Royal Kituro (Belgium)

Originally posted by ormond lad View Post

Thoughts?
    Seems a good idea. That said, it's a pity that representative clubs from Georgia (IRB rank 14) and Russia (IRB rank 22) aren't included in the tournament, while the Belgians (IRB rank 29) Germans (IRB rank 31) are. I assume that this is due to things like finance, winter weather and travelling/logistical issues.
    New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Dog View Post
      Seems a good idea. That said, it's a pity that representative clubs from Georgia (IRB rank 14) and Russia (IRB rank 22) aren't included in the tournament, while the Belgians (IRB rank 29) Germans (IRB rank 31) are. I assume that this is due to things like finance, winter weather and travelling/logistical issues.
      Oddly enough, Connacht are playing a Russian club in this years second tier Euro Cup so guess that's where the Russian league is being positioned. Strange they didn't also put a Russian team into the lower comp though. I suppose the bye (by?) for the Russian team til the play-offs reflects that?
      It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.

Every plan I have is the best plan in the room. Everybody get quiet and listen to it, and everybody will win

Comment

Originally posted by Old Dog View Post
        Yeah Most likely financial reasons, weather are why theyre not competing but Russians have Enesei who are in connachts challenge cup group and they will also take part in the qualifiers against one of the two pool winners

Comment

Results from the opening round of games this weekend. Wins for the two Italian sides.
          Femi-CZ Rugby Rovigo 29 - 19 GD Direito
          Royal Kituro 6 - 24 Fiamme Oro Rugby Roma

4 games next weekend
          Valladolid Rugby v Timisoara Saracens
          GD Direito v Heidelberger Ruderklub
          Royal Kituro v Femi-CZ Rugby Rovigo
          Fiamme Oro Rugby Roma v Mogliano Rugby

Comment

Forza Rovigo!
            Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
            Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

Working...
            X