Fiji can they beat the Orks?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fiji can they beat the Orks?

England at home with the entire rugby world watching them, could they bottle it?

Up against the French they were out powered up front. If there is any team who can match the intensity the French bring to the collision it's going to be the Fijians. Not only do they have the flair which they have also brought to game they now have a set piece. They are one of the teams I most looking forward to see play.

They are no walk overs and if I was in their position there is no better first up match I would want. When they Twickenham crowd turn they can be just as obnoxious as the French only with less class.

Not that I'm a betting man but 36 to one seems like its worth a little flutter

Not going to happen.

Comment

Unlikely but it's possible.
      Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
      Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

True but most unlikely

Comment

First ten minutes will be key. If Fiji are level or in front England could panic. Not many sensible heads on the bench either.

Comment

Fiji will struggle with the 'Bath box' and Ford feeding screened runners all day long. Fiji love an open unstructured loose game and that's not what England do, and haven't done for 15 years or more.

Fitness will be a big factor
            I am the million man.

Comment

They could but they won't
              "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Nemani Nadolo is playing for Fiji I assume.....

I hope he creates havoc. Put him running down the line at and through the England Wingers and we could see scores.

He does it repeatedly in S15 for Canterbury.

I'd watch this game to see his contribution alone.

Comment

Cant see England not having enough to win. But a handicap of 26 to Fiji is a good bet. You would expect Fiji to get two trys or more points. That would leave England needing over 40.
                  When their numbers dwindled from 50 to 8, the other dwarves began to suspect Hungry

Comment

Alain Rolland has been working with the Fijians on discipline i believe. This is probably the game of the opening weekend for me. Can't wait
                    The only difference between me and a madman is that I'm not mad.
                    - Salvador Dali (1904-1989)

Comment

If the Fijians play like the OP suggests they might, then there could be serious carnage in the group but I'd doubt it somehow. I reckon that this 'group of death' will leave one northern and one southern hemisphere team in the quarters.
                      Last edited by NiallGK; 15th-September-2015, 02:13.
                      If your religion is worth killing for, please start with yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Upfront_1979 View Post
                        Alain Rolland has been working with the Fijians on discipline i believe. This is probably the game of the opening weekend for me. Can't wait
                        Ive the Fiji jersey out for this one. Should be a lively game even with England involved. Nothing like the Fiji team on all out attack mode.
                        When their numbers dwindled from 50 to 8, the other dwarves began to suspect Hungry

Comment

The Coconut ant The Wed Wose in Twickers.
                          Bwing it on.
                          Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Yeah don't have a fiji jersey but will wear the baabaas one i got for my birthday this year as close enough (thanks family!) C'mon Fiji!
                            The only difference between me and a madman is that I'm not mad.
                            - Salvador Dali (1904-1989)

Comment

If anyone else, like me, does not want to endure TV3's terrible picture here are the codes to Tune ITV HD into your SKY box.

V
                              2/3
                              DVB-S2
                              8PSK

Comment

Working...
                              X