X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Penalty try for high tackle

Ever seen this happen before ?

http://www.punditarena.com/rugby/adr...a-penalty-try/

Last man back and he jumps on the attackers neck? Fair enough penalty try lucky he only got a yellow...
    Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

Good decision!
      Leinsterfans regarding Penney - "Terrible news for those few Munster fans who could see where he was heading. He was slowly changing the mindset down there and managing to coax the players to Leinsters style of play. "

Courtesy of Leinsterfans.com

Comment

I agree, good decision
        "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

The page won't load for me, but I assume it's a case where the high tackle was the only thing preventing the try being scored, which is the rule that governs penalty tries. Wasn't Tommy Bowe yellow-carded and a penalty try given when he slapped down a ball when New Zealand were certain to score in Dublin a few years back? Same game O'Driscoll pulled off a wonder pick-up to set us up for a consolation try.

Comment

here is the video.

Comment

Originally posted by leftwinger View Post
              Ideal topic suited for discussion in this thread....

http://www.munsterfans.com/threads/3...aws+discussion

Referees have been told to clamp down on tackles like that around the neck. They were one of the key things World Rugby mentioned to referees in their pre season meetings.
              That the defender most likely stopped the attacker from scoring means ref entitled to award a penalty try as the player would probably have scored a try but for foul play by an opponent

Comment

primary high tackle incident aside, noticing that Delon hasn't learned any manners since last season. Clear attempt to Headbutt one of the opposition. Surely should be picked up by citing officer. Even though he does not connect, his historical bad behaviour should be enough to get him a ban.....considering on the flip side past good behaviour gets you off or reduces bans ;-)

Comment

Penalty try for high tackle

Armitage is such a ****mod edit****
                  Last edited by SecondRowGal; 14th-September-2015, 12:46. Reason: Forum rules

Comment

Originally posted by whimpersnap View Post
                    The page won't load for me, but I assume it's a case where the high tackle was the only thing preventing the try being scored, which is the rule that governs penalty tries. Wasn't Tommy Bowe yellow-carded and a penalty try given when he slapped down a ball when New Zealand were certain to score in Dublin a few years back? Same game O'Driscoll pulled off a wonder pick-up to set us up for a consolation try.
                    Both happened but not in the same game. Tommy Bowe yellow card and penalty try was in the 2008 game at Croke Park. The Drico try was at the Aviva in 2010.

Comment

He sprung on his prey like a cheetah. Or should that be cheater?
                      Tic-Toc. POC and DOC. Stop the clock.

Comment

Working...
                      X