Other Pro 12 Teams

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other Pro 12 Teams

I dunno if anyone watched the Scarletts vs Glasgow game on sky an entertaining game it was. Scarletts looked handy enough and will cause a few problems this season. Glasgow came back very strong second half but ref (Irish Guy) took some flack from the usual Warrior boo boys every decision against was booed viciously. IN the end they left it too late.

Originally posted by hooke View Post
    I dunno if anyone watched the Scarlets vs Glasgow game on sky an entertaining game it was. Scarlets looked handy enough and will cause a few problems this season. Glasgow came back very strong second half but ref (Irish Guy) took some flack from the usual Warrior boo boys every decision against was booed viciously. IN the end they left it too late.
    It was very entertaining. Regan King is still a class act. Credit (?) to the cheating Scarlets for hanging on at the death with only 11 men on the pitch, although Glasgow really blew that last minute try opportunity - that's what will really annoy Gregor Townsend.
    New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

the Guinness pro 12 highlights package from Youtube...

He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

Comment

We might have to wait until next June to see it, but I think we could have a magic centre partnership of McClosky/Henshaw. Savage break from McClosky at the weekend. He has impressed whenever I have seen him. Then we have Aki to add a year after that.

Comment

Originally posted by Pony View Post
          We might have to wait until next June to see it, but I think we could have a magic centre partnership of McClosky/Henshaw. Savage break from McClosky at the weekend. He has impressed whenever I have seen him. Then we have Aki to add a year after that.

I wonder where all that will end.......

Strauss, Payne, White and Ah You already.

CJ next year. Bundee Aki. Tyler has 1 year done, or does he.......VDH came here with thoughts of qualifying.......

Do all these players really think we will field a team full of qualified non indigenous players?

We'd be the new Ba Ba's
          Last edited by Corcíoch; 7th-September-2015, 21:07.

Comment

Originally posted by Corcíoch View Post

CJ next year. Bundee Aki. Tyler has 1 year done, or does he.......VDH came here with thoughts of qualifying.......

Do all these players really think we will field a team full of qualified non indigenous players?

We'd be the new Ba Ba's

But we'd be successful! And that, to the IRFU bean counters, is all that matters.

(As a matter of interest were you upset when Larry Tompkins and Shay Fahy became Corkonians?)
            New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Dog View Post
              But we'd be successful! And that, to the IRFU bean counters, is all that matters.

(As a matter of interest were you upset when Larry Tompkins and Shay Fahy became Corkonians?)
              Pity Fahy didn't declare for Ireland as well (rugby that is !). He played AIL with Highfield and was a fabulous backrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Dog View Post

Ah you mistake me by my username....... The movement of Thompkins and such mattered not a jot to me.

Neither am I anti Payne, Strauss et al. I would advocate a limit however.

Comment

McClosky/Henshaw.

This was the partnership I was advocating.

However given the try Aki made at the end of the Dragons game I can't see any Irish Coach ignoring him.

Comment

We'd be the new Ba Ba's
                    Payne is the only one of those likely to be a first choice pick imho, with Strauss getting fairly regular games.

White and Ah You have been cover in a problematic position. The former is too old to have a long future in green and the latter isn't really good enough.

Tyler, Aki, CJ all may go on to play for Ireland but I'd be surprised if more than one of them becomes a regular starter (not guessing which one). I doubt VDH will ever get a look in.

Largely the project players we sign are to fill gaps in provincial squads. They're rarely good enough to become first choice for Ireland. I really don't think we'll ever see the sort of team you describe.

Comment

McClosky/Henshaw.

However given the try Aki made at the end of the Dragons game I can't see any Irish Coach ignoring him.
                      Marshall is looking rejuvenated this season and Olding will come back, please God. Earls may yet play there more frequently too. Then there's Ringrose coming through.

Competition for the centre spots will be very strong over the next few years. Aki's good but he'll have to go very well to break through and if he does he may just replace another foreign born player (Payne).

Comment

I dunno having watched Scarlets twice now how they can continue to get away with clear infringements at breakdown and the offside....they are absolutely not paying any attention to the refs...albeit they have had six yellows in two games and still won !!

Comment

McClosky/Henshaw.

Payne is a stop gap until the end of this season, IMHO.

Comment

We'd be the new Ba Ba's
                            Don't forget Monsieur's Diack, Bent, Saverimutto, Erskine, Dion O', Saunders, Smith, Staples, Geoghegan, Curtis, Kennedy.
                            The lineage is long and inclusive
                            Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Scarlets (12) 25
                              Tries: John 2 J Davies 2 Cons: A Thomas Pens: A Thomas
                              Dragons (15) 15
                              Tries: Tovey, Pretorius Cons: Tovey Pens: Tovey

Father and son Regan King and Jacob Cowley made Pro12 history by appearing together for Scarlets in their bonus-point win over Newport Gwent Dragons.
                              Wing Cowley, 18, came on after the hosts had secured a bonus point to stay top with James Davies' second try.
                              Veteran prop Phil John also went over twice while Dragons' tries came from Jason Tovey and Sarel Pretorius.
                              Tovey kicked the rest of the visitors' points while Aled Thomas put over a penalty and conversion for Scarlets.

Comment

Working...
                              X