Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glasgow 26 - 20 Leinster

http://www.magnersleague.com/34_1897...7b8e50c8ba196e

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 summary="Layout table" ="std_matchart std_matchartb"><T>
    <T>
    <TR>
    <TD colSpan=2>
    <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 summary="Layout table" ="matchinfo matchinfo_aa"><T>
    <T>
    <TR>
    <TD ="homelogo">
    Glasgow Warriors</TD>
    <TD noWrap ="score">26-20</TD>
    <TD ="awaylogo">
    Leinster</TD></TR>
    <TR>
    <TD colSpan=3 ="info">Hughenden</TD></TR>
    <TR>
    <TD colSpan=3 ="info">Friday 6th April 2007, 19:30</TD></TR></T></T></TABLE></TD></TR>
    <TR>
    <TD ="abstract">Glasgow Warriors shocked the Magners League Leaders Leinster at Hughenden on Friday night – scoring their first win over the Irish Province in five years thanks to tries from Hefin O’Hare, Rory Lamont and Thom Evans.</TD></TR></T></T></TABLE>

O’Hare had score an early try to give the home side the lead – although Felipe Contepomi clawed back a penalty for the league leaders before Parks replied with his first penalty after 20 minutes – and Parks had a hand in increasing their lead when chipped ahead for Rory Lamont to pounce.

However just before the interval the Irish had a lifeline when Gordon D’Arcy collected his first score, Contepomi gaoling the conversion. D’Arcy’s second came soon after the restart and Contepomi was again accurate with the kick to open a four point lead for the visitors.

Parks narrowed the gap to a single point with a well struck penalty and repeated the feat to snatch back the lead before Evans scored his sides third try, Parks conversion giving a nine point lead.

A late Contepomi penalty gave Leinster the losing bonus point but it was to little to late as Glasgow held on for the win.

Absolute f**king cock performance. I hope we lose the rest of our games this season. We deserve nothing. And the Borders doing the double on us would be a good laugh. f**king b****x.

Comment

Dan, You are a Leinsterfan (to my mind the greatest fans in the world),
      how can you say such things? Leinster will always display teh crap with
      the great, thats why you love them.

Actually, to some extent I agree with you, I donyt think they are taking the competition seriously

Seven social sins: politics without principles, wealth without work, pleasure without conscience, knowledge without character, commerce without morality, science without humanity, and worship without sacrifice

Comment

Originally posted by danthefan
        Absolute f**king cock performance. I hope we lose the rest of our games this season. We deserve nothing. And the Borders doing the double on us would be a good laugh. f**king b****x.

[img]smileys/lol.gif[/img][img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]

Comment

<!-
          var SymReal&#079;nLoad;
          var SymReal;

Sym()
          {
          window.open = SymWinOpen;
          if(SymReal != null)
          SymReal();
          }

Sym&#079;nLoad()
          {
          if(SymReal&#079;nLoad != null)
          SymReal&#079;nLoad();
          window.open = SymRealWinOpen;
          SymReal = window.;
          window. = Sym;
          }

SymReal&#079;nLoad = window.&#111;nload;
          window.&#111;nload = Sym&#079;nLoad;

//->

If they could lose a game like last night's, when they had the Magners League at their feet, how did Leinster ever really believe they could win the Heineken Cup?

I agree with Dan- Leinster must be the most frustrating team to follow.

"I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
          Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

Originally posted by scotscor
            Dan, You are a Leinsterfan (to my mind the greatest fans in the world),
            how can you say such things? Leinster will always display teh crap with
            the great, thats why you love them.

Actually, to some extent I agree with you, I donyt think they are taking the competition seriously

I'm aware Leinster are a mixed bag, but being a "fan" doesn't mean I can't be annoyed at a performance. Last night was just pure s**te.

Comment

Being a fan (fanatic) means that one must lie down and take whatever tripe one's team serves up on the field of play. It is an uncritical state of being.

Being a supporter, however, means that one is fully entitled to criticise one's team and management for serving up unacceptable dross.
              New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

That was shockingly poor, even for Leinster. Again I ask, why have
                they loaded up on substandard imports when Irish props and
                scrumhalves have to go abroad to get gametime? And Jowitt? seriously,
                we're falling over good backrowers here, why is that waste of space
                allowed gametime, what's happened to Potts?
                It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.

Every plan I have is the best plan in the room. Everybody get quiet and listen to it, and everybody will win

Comment

Potts is struggling withwhat ispossibly a career ending back injury last I heard. A slipped disc, so he isn't in the equation for that reason I would assume. I don't know when he's due back or if he's even back in training already. Still would like to see Kevin McLaughlin get some game time. Big potential there.

Last night waswhat we've almost come to expect.We've been mixing the sublime with the frustratingly inept with far too much regularity. The supposed senior players seemed completely disinterested. Contepomi needs a week off. He's just finished his medical finals. After exams like that he must be mentally drained beyond comprehension. He's clearly not firing on all cylinders. O'Kelly isn't up to scratch either. He's just back from a long injury so was never going to be at his best against Wasps but last night he wasn't using his head at all. We missed Keogh and Jackman adding some power and intensity around the fringes too.

All in all, a night to forget. As a supporter, time to regroup and get our arses along to the Borders game in a couple of weeks. 5 points is essential if we want to have a sniff going to Cardiff.

Comment

If given gametime (and he's pretty close) Kev McLaughlin will be a real star for Leinster. I know that Cheika is a big fan too.

Comment

We have no chance of winning the ML going by that performace, all our players (apart from maybe Heaslip) looked tired and disinterested!

O'Kelly was useless, Stan Wright threw 4 months of improvment out the window and the back-line was a complete joke!

We need to make changes for the CRUCIAL match on Friday at Newport, for any chance of winning the league!

ALLES LES BLEUS!

Comment

Originally posted by Leinster Zulu

We have no chance of winning the ML going by that performace, all our players (apart from maybe Heaslip) looked tired and disinterested!

O'Kelly was useless, Stan Wright threw 4 months of improvment out the window and the back-line was a complete joke!

We need to make changes for the CRUCIAL match on Friday at Newport, for any chance of winning the league!

ALLES LES BLEUS!

Welcome back, Leinster Zulu ! [img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]

Comment

so epaddy isn't the only person with a very welcome picture in their signature..... excellent..
                          He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

Comment

A team that has managed only one away ML win all season (in Connacht) doesn't deserve to win a League Title.
                            New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

Oh and i forgot to mention Felipe Contepomi...

At times he's a majestic, match-winning genius, but in his last two matches for us, he has been by far and away the worst back on the pitch (Stan Wright was obviouslyour worst player on show inboth previous matches).

If he doesn't sort it out, Michael Cheika needs to have the balls to have a stern chat with him, or drop him and put Sexton in the team!

I know he's had his medical exams recently, but if it affects hiswork for Leinster, he should never have played against Wasps or Glasgow!

And Point, it's good to be back...i think! [img]smileys/razz.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X