• Show
Clear All

First Leinster Schools' Rugby Title for Offaly

Cistercian College Roscrea 18 Belvedere College 11

Whohoooooooo!

Originally posted by Piquet View Post

Whohoooooooo!
    Great achievement for them. They've been knocking on the door for a few years now.

Comment

Congratulations to fellow Culchies!
      I am the million man.

Comment

Now watch the Gob****e Journalists, led, no doubt by that mod edit Cummiskey in the Times talk about a double for Tipperary Schools.

Comment

Pieter Swanepoel, the CCR coach is being interviewed.

A good Offaly name, that.

Comment

congratulations to Roscrea, they were always a hard team to play against...

Comment

Whohoooooooo!
              Great win. So the Leinster and Munster senior schools cups go to Offaly & Tipp!
              "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
              Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

Now watch the Gob****e Journalists, led, no doubt by that mod edit Cummiskey in the Times talk about a double for Tipperary Schools.
                But it was...
                Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

Comment

In seriousness are any of those lads from Tipp or are of them in the Munster underage system?

Comment

'Tis in Offaly. Proof:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Roscrea.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	26.2 KB
ID:	2485185

But Tipp still has the Barack Obama Plaza!
                    "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
                    Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

Originally posted by déiseman View Post
                      In seriousness are any of those lads from Tipp or are of them in the Munster underage system?
                      There is several who are from Tipperary and Cork in the squad. There was 3 from Bantry, several who represented Munster Youths or at least South Munster development squad before moving to Roscrea at start of the school year

Comment

4 from Bantry though Foley didn't come through Bantry RFC - Dylan Murphy, Fineen Wycherley, Philip O Shea and Tim Foley. Foley was captain.

Comment

Well deserved win for Roscrea. They were by far the better team on the day.

Their captain, kicker and playmaker at 12 is a very impressive looking young player.
                          9, 8, 7 and 15 were excellent as well.

They did their best to give it away though. The decisions not to kick it out before half time (cost them 3 points) and not to take the kick at goal with 10 minutes to go made things a lot edgier than it needed to be.

The size of that tighthead Belvedere wheeled on for the last scrum!!!

Comment

That young fella was massive all right. He looked shagged at the final whistle.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Munster invasion.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	82.3 KB
ID:	2485189

Comment

Working...
                              X