X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Dog
    replied
    Originally posted by hellovating View Post

seriously OD, how do you square that stance on stats with your opinion of Joe S?
    As a matter of genuine interest, what is my opinion of Joe Schmidt?
    Last edited by Old Dog; 4th-July-2015, 12:50.

Leave a comment:

• HenryFitz
    replied
    Great win for the Highlanders. They've been in the bottom five for most of Joseph's four years and many organisations would have sacked him.

The Canes came up short again, but they've had a great turnaround since last season, finally adding some fortitude to go with the outrageous talent. Maybe next year.

A strong New Zealand conference. Four teams in the top seven, with the Crusaders outpointing the 3rd-placed Stormers. The player drain is really damaging Saffer rugby.

Leave a comment:

• B.A.
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Dog View Post

Name two NH teams that could play a game as entertaining as that one was.
    Probably most of them if the opposition is willing to come out and go toe to toe with them in similar manner.

Leave a comment:

• Cowboy
    replied
    capacity of 35k versus 82k. one team at home. both teams from the hosting country. super rugby attendances are not usually great.
    All true, just hope we see that manner of fervent excitement over a euro final agin soon is all

Leave a comment:

• hellovating
    replied
    i probably should add some context to the reason of my annoyance.. i'm a hurricanes fan. my brother lived in wellington and i loved the place when i visited. followed wellington provincially and the hurricanes in super rugby for over 15 years. i'm livid at how they played.

Leave a comment:

• hellovating
    replied
    Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
    disappointed I couldn't see this, read during the week the first tranche of tickets that went on sale for that game sold in 59 seconds, made me think of a half filled Twickenham and grimace.
    capacity of 35k versus 82k. one team at home. both teams from the hosting country. super rugby attendances are not usually great.

Leave a comment:

• Cowboy
    replied
    disappointed I couldn't see this, read during the week the first tranche of tickets that went on sale for that game sold in 59 seconds, made me think of a half filled Twickenham and grimace.

Leave a comment:

• hellovating
    replied
    go knock yourself out with entertainment... sport is for winning. 3 failed hurricanes turnovers resulted in scores for the highlanders. you can call that entertainment, i'll call it idiotic. they desperately needed to slow the game down.

seriously OD, how do you square that stance on stats with your opinion of Joe S? he is the ultimate in playing rugby by numbers. he doesn't allow an offload. there were 33 in today's game. i like Joe, because I like winning. do you not like him because his sides are not entertaining?

Leave a comment:

• Old Dog
    replied

if leinster or munster played with that kind of ball security, we'd be tearing our hair out.

Speak for yourself. For me, rugby is entertainment and stats are for saddoes.

how entertained are you when your side loses?

That all depends on the quality of the performance and on the opposition.

For example, I was delighted with the 34-all draw V Glasgow in the RDS, but much less enchanted by the performances when we beat Treviso 10 - 0 and Connacht 21 -11 also at the RDS.

Leave a comment:

• hellovating
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Dog View Post
    Do you watch rugby for statistics or for entertainment? Because a spectacle like that one is cheapened by statistics.

PS - agree about dodgy try; I was rather surprised that it was given, although the ball may just have touched the ground!
    if leinster or munster played with that kind of ball security, we'd be tearing our hair out. how entertained are you when your side loses?

Leave a comment:

• Old Dog
    replied

dodgy try proved crucial

missed tackles hurricanes 19%, highlanders 16%.... 52 missed tackles in the game.

33 offloads, hooray!.... 36 turnovers, boooo! you'd get savaged for playing like that in the NH.

Do you watch rugby for statistics or for entertainment? Because a spectacle like that one is cheapened by statistics.

PS - agree about dodgy try; I was rather surprised that it was given, although the ball may just have touched the ground!

Leave a comment:

• hellovating
    replied
    dodgy try proved crucial

missed tackles hurricanes 19%, highlanders 16%.... 52 missed tackles in the game.

33 offloads, hooray!.... 36 turnovers, boooo! you'd get savaged for playing like that in the NH.

Leave a comment:

• ustix
    replied
    Tis complicated Miguel, if I'm honest with you.

Leave a comment:

• Miguel Sanchez
    replied
    Originally posted by ustix View Post
    Knock us out with some detail OD
    Highlanders win a cracking final. Why don't you watch games?

Leave a comment:

• Old Dog
    replied
    Originally posted by ustix View Post
    Knock us out with some detail OD
    Sorry, but I'm not going to be a spoiler.

But well done to the winning team! What a fantastic win!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X