Super 15 2015

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by redherring View Post
    Watched it myself. Thought the three yellows were well warranted. Deysel's red was lunacy. Absolutely no need for the knee strike. Read is the best forward in rugby at them moment by a clear distance.
    Read has been the best forward in world rugby for about 4 years now. Already in the pantheon of the greats and the best 8 to ever play the game.

Good week's viewing I thought. NZ looking ominously strong for the WC.
    I always knew Madigan was a closet Scrum Half. Ignore All things that suggest Continuity.

Comment

Originally posted by JB1973 View Post
      any one seen the waikato avoiding the ruck defence?

any views on this?

http://www.the42.ie/analysis-chiefs-...13507-Mar2015/
      Its something I am actively coaching my players to do at underage level and not necessarily from re-starts. Against bigger teams it works a treat. If nobody enters the ruck its open play and you can swarm the half back without an offside line.

I just make sure I speak to the referee before the game to explain what we will be doing and remind him of the laws of the ruck (1 player from either side over the tackled player contesting for the ball)

Comment

Originally posted by redherring View Post
        Watched it myself. Thought the three yellows were well warranted. Deysel's red was lunacy. Absolutely no need for the knee strike. Read is the best forward in rugby at them moment by a clear distance.
        Read is some player indeed.

To think himself and some of the other current stars of NZ played in Thomond against Munster and we weren't far off beating them.

Comment

Reds v Rebs

http://firstrowir.eu/watch/345371/2/...vs-rebels.html

The rebs hooker wouldn't sling shyte at a wall, if he takes many more steps toward his own pack during the lineout he'll be throwing it straight to his scrum half
          I am the million man.

Comment

Its amazing how the Reds have fallen in one year.

They were terrible last weekend.

This time last year they were a very dangerous side.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
              Reds v Rebs

http://firstrowir.eu/watch/345371/2/...vs-rebels.html

The rebs hooker wouldn't sling shyte at a wall, if he takes many more steps toward his own pack during the lineout he'll be throwing it straight to his scrum half
              Pat Leafa is very good around the field but yep his throwing is atrocious. Ex-Leinsterman Tom Sexton will be on with 20 to go

Comment

Originally posted by Corcíoch View Post
                This time last year they were a very dangerous side.
                They were pathetic last year aswell Corcíoch. Shocking head coach and no effort from the players.

For anyone wondering why there's no Aussie referee coming over for RWC just watch a weekend of Super Rugby action. So so poor.

Niavalu is having some season! Jet shoes!

Comment

Originally posted by garryowen2323 View Post
                  They were pathetic last year aswell Corcíoch. Shocking head coach and no effort from the players.

For anyone wondering why there's no Aussie referee coming over for RWC just watch a weekend of Super Rugby action. So so poor.

Niavalu is having some season! Jet shoes!

Was it the season before so and I'm just mixed up . . .I can clearly recall them as an excellent side and Im not watching S15 that long.

Edit. I must be watching longer than I realise because its 2011/12/13 since they were a top side
                  Last edited by Corcíoch; 15th-May-2015, 10:25.

Comment

Slowly slipping each year but I'd say it was 2011 or 2013 you were thinking of. Certainly not since Richard Graham took over anyway!!

2011 - winners
                    2012 - QFs (scraped in on points difference)
                    2013 - QFs
                    2014 - 13th
                    2015 - 15th currently

Comment

why do the all aussie S15 matches bore the arse off me?
                      I am the million man.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
                        why do the all aussie S15 matches bore the arse off me?
                        Cause they're sh*te!!!

Taught from the year zip that kicking is evil and you must try run everything. Hence why any time they try clear the ball or kick for the posts they're hopeless!

Comment

james o'connor, take a bow. impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by hellovating View Post
                            james o'connor, take a bow. impressive.
                            Kicks to an injured player and all. Kwalitee.

Last edited by The Word Is Born; 22nd-May-2015, 13:22.
                            The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Comment

the ad before the matches comes to mind "what an absolute muppet"
                              Stand up and fight

Comment

Hurricanes will be a big test for Francises Blues.

It will be interesting to see how he fares defensively in the midfield today

Comment

Working...
                                X