Why have our clubs performed so poorly in the champions' cup

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why have our clubs performed so poorly in the champions' cup

Ulster are out of the champions cup Munster are just hanging on by their fingernails and Leinster with a tough away game against Wasps have got it all to do to reach the QF

There is now a real possibility that no Irish team will reach the ERCC quarter finals what is the reason for this ? has it got something to do with the autumm internationals ?

Explain

Well, two reasons spring to mind immediately. 1. Clermont 2. Toulon. Fcuk knows what's happening in Leinster.
    Munster – Champions of Europe 2006, 2008, 2019.

Comment

Been thinking about this a lot, have to factor in that we have to keep an eye on the league now with the qualification changes, exactly what the English and French wanted
      Hip Flasks at the ready, double for a Stringer ankle tap!

Comment

I don't think any of the three provinces are taking the league more seriously than before. We're just collectively crapper. Connacht are bucking all trends.

Comment

Injuries have done for Leinster I would say. Taking SOB, Healy out has hurt obviously.

Comment

Originally posted by Out Half View Post
            Ulster are out of the champions cup Munster are just hanging on by their fingernails and Leinster with a tough away game against Wasps have got it all to do to reach the QF

There is now a real possibility that no Irish team will reach the ERCC quarter finals what is the reason for this ? has it got something to do with the autumm internationals ?

Explain
            Clermont are big, Sarries are big and brutish. We've a wagonload of injuries and lacking NIQ excellence like we used to have.

Toulon are killing all round them, Pienaar wasn't fit, Nick Williams is a blimp, Hendo out.

Leinster have their own mcgahanball MattO, having read their forum its unnervingly similar to reading Point during Tonys time here.
            I am the million man.

Comment

Does Nick Williams being fat count as an injury? I'd count it.

Comment

Originally posted by whimpersnap View Post
                Does Nick Williams being fat count as an injury? I'd count it.
                Couldn't believe how blubbery he was in TP a few weeks ago.
                I am the million man.

Comment

I think having Clermont back to back in December was a big blow, to be honest.

You'd usually hope to get the French in Thomond early on and catch them cold, and then go there when we're at the business end of the season.

The Irish provinces have never been great up to Christmas. That's why we've needed so many miracles over the years.
                  "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

The french top 2 are way way better than they were. Sure we can point to toulouse putting fifty on us once but its a dishonest comparison to what is now. The french clubs seem to be taking it more seriously too. Ye can all shout bollix if you like but the fact is we dont have the quality in key positions that we had and it showed yesterday all over the park. No cool heads. Poor game management and utter incompetence from key players who seem to believe their own hype. The hyping of JJ won't help either I'd swap him for halstead tonight and I'd swap zebo for john kelly whilst I was at it. As for leinster they are badly coached low on confidence, lack cohesion and missing a spine of sob healy and johnny. Ryan gopperth and the rest of their backrow are unbalanced and poor. Kirchner is a waste of money and they have a problem at 9 like we do. When conor is injured we're goosed and MOC's inability to get the amazing talents of Cooney and McGrath pushing an aging reddan and an ineffective boss is also hampering them.

Ulster like we did have lost too many key players in too short a time but they will be back as they a good set up to allow this to happen plus some golf money.
                    Connacht are on the up and if you look at their team sheet you'd be frightened if they were coached by schmidt and gibbes although they are winning games they'd have lost 2 years ago so heading in the right direction.
                    So I walked as day was dawning
                    Where small birds sang and leaves were falling
                    Where we once watched the row boats landing
                    By the broad majestic shannon

Comment

I stopped reading at "believe their own hype." The catchphrase of a spoofer.

Comment

I believe my own hype

Comment

off the top of my head:

healy
                          Varley
                          Moore
                          Donnacha Ryan
                          Iain Henderson
                          Ruddock
                          Sean o brien
                          /
                          /
                          Earls
                          WeePaddy
                          Marshall
                          Payne(?)
                          /
                          /

add in Cronin Sherry Furlong etc etc etc, mightnt be a xv of superstars but its a lot of players missing to the championscup 3
                          I am the million man.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Swanson View Post
                            I believe my own hype
                            But do you weigh more or less than Damien Chouly?

to the weighing scales!
                            I am the million man.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Swanson View Post
                              I believe my own hype
                              Yeah but you've probably won something. You're allowed then.
                              So I walked as day was dawning
                              Where small birds sang and leaves were falling
                              Where we once watched the row boats landing
                              By the broad majestic shannon

Comment

Working...
                              X