X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Out Half
    started a topic Sam Burgess

Sam Burgess

Bath are going to play Sam Burgess in the back row when he starts playing for them next month . England intend to play him in the backs if he is good enough to play for England next year . How is this going to pan out surely he cannot play for Bath in the back row and for England at centre

• the plastic paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by sewa View Post
    They have the best Russian experts administering their drug testing regime
    I thought they were testing the T14.

Leave a comment:

• whimpersnap
    replied
    If a meteorite hit the earth and wiped everything out, the only forms of life to survive would be cockroaches and Andy Farrell.

Leave a comment:

• sewa
    replied
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rug...Cup-leaks.html

Mike Brown gives it both barrels, ouch. As for Lancaster being overruled he was the head man. If he let himself be overruled then he was incompetent. I'd expect any new man to clear out and start again with his own team. If some stay it will be his call because he and the squad rate their input, any top coach will insist in that in the interview process

Leave a comment:

• londongirl
    replied
    Lancaster is gone, but Farrell, Catt and another back room coach appear to be still in place. This review, if published, may tell us if Lancaster was overruled regarding bringing Burgess into the team.

Leave a comment:

• Rabb1tts Jump
    replied
    True, but no matter what juice they give a lad, he has to have the underlying physical attributes and the training ethic to be able to take advantage of them.

Leave a comment:

• sewa
    replied
    Originally posted by Rabb1tts Jump View Post
    Nah, but the first two would struggle on the more basic end of fitness, and all three on passing. RU is a much more technically demanding game, but there is no doubt that the top end of the NRL is dominated by players whose basic fitness and skill levels are amazing.

Leave a comment:

• Rabb1tts Jump
    replied
    Originally posted by John123 View Post
    Could anyone imagine Bastaureau, Tuilagi or Henshaw having the same issues transferring to Rugby League? Just shows what a limited game RL is technically.
    Nah, but the first two would struggle on the more basic end of fitness, and all three on passing. RU is a much more technically demanding game, but there is no doubt that the top end of the NRL is dominated by players whose basic fitness and skill levels are amazing.

Leave a comment:

• Rabb1tts Jump
    replied
    No, that was the point at which I realised you were clearly contradicting yourself and hadn't a bulls notion what you were talking about so I stopped reading. Keep the posts shorter and you might actually make some sense
    Thanks for the advice. In a similarly helpful vein, I might suggest you learn what a plural is and how it is different to the singular.

Leave a comment:

• londongirl
    replied
    I doubt Sam Burgess was referring to the article by Gordon Darcy. There is a lot of nasty stuff going on in the RFU and not all of it is in the media. I suspect he is referring to the 'suits' among others that are gunning for the coach. English friends that are involved with Rugby suggest that the internal goings on in the RFU are not of the afternoon tea variety. The most illuminating bit of that interview is the admission that he was advised to avoid telling his Bath team mates, face to face, that he was leaving. Maybe there was also disquiet there about his arrival.

Leave a comment:

• John123
    replied
    Could anyone imagine Bastaureau, Tuilagi or Henshaw having the same issues transferring to Rugby League? Just shows what a limited game RL is technically.

Leave a comment:

• sewa
    replied
    Originally posted by Rabb1tts Jump View Post
    I'm glad you have accepted the rest of my argument. If you believe he cracked being a 12, then great.
    No, that was the point at which I realised you were clearly contradicting yourself and hadn't a bulls notion what you were talking about so I stopped reading. Keep the posts shorter and you might actually make some sense

Leave a comment:

• garryowen2323
    replied
    No blame on Sammy for putting on the national jersey. If Joe suddenly offered me a game I would snap his hand off for the chance to represent my country. I would not turn around and say no thanks there's about 4m people in the country who would be better equipped for the job than me.

I don't think we'll ever find out if Lancaster selected him by choice or whether the powers above put pressure on him having forked out the $$$ but he should not have been parachuted into the squad. The player isn't to blame for selection for me.

The one thing that surprises me is how he seems to have reacted to criticism. Having seen him play NRL for 3 years in Oz he struck me as a player who would thrive off criticism and the more the better so he could stick the 2 fingers up and use it as motivation.

He's a man born for the constant physical confrontation you get in NRL. Best of luck to him and I'm sure he'll settle straight back into life in South Sydney.

Leave a comment:

• Redgiant
    replied
    When England failed to make it out of their group i felt a little sorry for what i thought was going to be public executions from the English media, but instead through insider leaks they have decided to eat themself from inside out..

Leave a comment:

• the plastic paddy
    replied
    Mike Ford being very scathing about Burgess now, saying he didn't have the stomach for Union. Mike Brown coming out saying he has lost all trust in his England team mates after the leaks etc. The salary cap row and the RFU review hasn't even started yet, English rugby is in an absolute mess.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X