No announcement yet.

Sam Burgess

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I doubt Sam Burgess was referring to the article by Gordon Darcy. There is a lot of nasty stuff going on in the RFU and not all of it is in the media. I suspect he is referring to the 'suits' among others that are gunning for the coach. English friends that are involved with Rugby suggest that the internal goings on in the RFU are not of the afternoon tea variety. The most illuminating bit of that interview is the admission that he was advised to avoid telling his Bath team mates, face to face, that he was leaving. Maybe there was also disquiet there about his arrival.

Comment

Originally posted by sewa View Post
      No, that was the point at which I realised you were clearly contradicting yourself and hadn't a bulls notion what you were talking about so I stopped reading. Keep the posts shorter and you might actually make some sense
      Thanks for the advice. In a similarly helpful vein, I might suggest you learn what a plural is and how it is different to the singular.

Comment

Originally posted by John123 View Post
        Could anyone imagine Bastaureau, Tuilagi or Henshaw having the same issues transferring to Rugby League? Just shows what a limited game RL is technically.
        Nah, but the first two would struggle on the more basic end of fitness, and all three on passing. RU is a much more technically demanding game, but there is no doubt that the top end of the NRL is dominated by players whose basic fitness and skill levels are amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabb1tts Jump View Post
          Nah, but the first two would struggle on the more basic end of fitness, and all three on passing. RU is a much more technically demanding game, but there is no doubt that the top end of the NRL is dominated by players whose basic fitness and skill levels are amazing.
          They have the best Russian experts administering their drug testing regime
          My computer thinks I'm gay
          What's the difference anyway
          When all the people do all day
          Is stare into a phone

Comment

True, but no matter what juice they give a lad, he has to have the underlying physical attributes and the training ethic to be able to take advantage of them.

Comment

Lancaster is gone, but Farrell, Catt and another back room coach appear to be still in place. This review, if published, may tell us if Lancaster was overruled regarding bringing Burgess into the team.

Comment

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rug...Cup-leaks.html

Mike Brown gives it both barrels, ouch. As for Lancaster being overruled he was the head man. If he let himself be overruled then he was incompetent. I'd expect any new man to clear out and start again with his own team. If some stay it will be his call because he and the squad rate their input, any top coach will insist in that in the interview process
                My computer thinks I'm gay
                What's the difference anyway
                When all the people do all day
                Is stare into a phone

Comment

If a meteorite hit the earth and wiped everything out, the only forms of life to survive would be cockroaches and Andy Farrell.

Comment

I thought they were testing the T14.

Comment

Working...
                    X