Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ulster 2014-15

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugb...ason-1.1900580

Former Ireland and Ulster hooker Allen Clarke has been confirmed as the province’s new forwards coach for the coming season.
    Clarke won eight international caps and was a key member of the Ulster team that won the European Cup in 1999, but was forced to retire due to injury.
    He moved into coaching and established the Ulster Rugby Academy and was appointed assistant coach to Mark McCall and helped guide Ulster to the Magners League title in 2006 .

Appointing a forwards coach for the season suggests Kiss might be interim head coach for a bit longer than a few months.

Comment

BBC NI sign 4 year deal

Date: 19.08.2014 Last updated: 19.08.2014 at 16.25
      Category: Northern Ireland; Sport
      BBC Northern Ireland is delighted to announce that we have secured a new four-season deal to provide live coverage of Ulster’s matches in rugby’s Guinness PRO12.

Sky Sports are new partner broadcasters, along with BBC Wales, S4C, BBC Alba, BBC Scotland, TG4, with discussions for an Italian broadcaster ongoing.
      In the league section of the PRO12, BBC NI will have live coverage on BBC Two NI of all Ulster’s home and away matches not selected for broadcast by Sky. Those matches that Sky do select will be live on BBC Radio Ulster. BBC NI has also secured live TV coverage of any play-off match, including the final, involving Ulster.
      Peter Johnston, Director BBC NI says: “I am delighted that we have secured these rugby rights. Live Friday night Ulster rugby has proven to be very popular with a wider viewing audience at home, with the games regularly being amongst the most watched programmes on BBC Two in Northern Ireland.”
      Shane Glynn, Editor, BBC Sport NI says: “We are absolutely delighted to have been able to secure a deal to continue our partnership with Celtic Rugby and Ulster Rugby with continued coverage across BBC NI of the PRO12 for the next four seasons. It’s the beginning of a new era for Ulster – with a new coach and a group of new and exciting signings to replace some of the experienced players who retired or moved on at the end of last season. It’s shaping up to be a fascinating season and we’ll bring audiences live coverage of every match, on TV or radio.”
      John Feehan, CEO, Guinness PRO12, says: “I am delighted to be renewing our on-going and very successful relationship with BBC NI. They have significantly contributed to a huge increase in the popularity of rugby in Northern Ireland with first class coverage of the Ulster games over the last number of seasons. We very much look forward to building on this successful relationship and showcasing the Guinness PRO12 week in, week out, on both radio and TV in Northern Ireland.”
      Shane Logan, Chief Executive, Ulster Rugby, says: “There is now more interest in rugby in Ulster than ever before and that is thanks in many ways to the excellent coverage that BBC Sport NI has given the sport in recent years. The large viewing figures reflect the excitement that PRO12 rugby generates but are also testament to the comprehensive and insightful coverage that the BBC Sport NI team provide. I am extremely pleased that BBC Sport NI has extended its successful partnership with PRO12 rugby and I look forward to many more Ulster Rugby matches on both television and radio in the coming seasons.”
      Stephen Watson will present the BBC Sport NI television coverage of the PRO12 and Nikki Gregg will present coverage on BBC Radio Ulster. With Jim Neilly in the commentary box, expert analysis and co-commentary will come from a range of ex-players, including Ryan Constable, Bryn Cunningham, Andy Ward, Tony McWhirter and Maurice Field.
      The first match of the season, Scarlets Vs Ulster from Parc y Scarlets Stadium, Llanelli, on Saturday, September 6, will be broadcast on BBC Radio Ulster. The first match to be broadcast on television will be Ulster Vs Zebre on Friday, September 12 (7.35pm kick off.)

Comment

Good news.

Comment

Ulster Rugby (@UlsterRugby) tweeted at 4:20 PM on Sat, Aug 30, 2014:
          Still Leinster 0 Ulster 7 - Jimmy Gopperth missed Leinster's first penalty of the afternoon.. 20 gone..

Comment

Ulster beat Leinster

Ulster Rugby (@UlsterRugby) tweeted at 5:43 PM on Sat, Aug 30, 2014:
            Full Time.. Leinster 7 Ulster 10!

Comment

That is some effort to beat that Leinster side.

Comment

A big result for Les Kiss!
                I am the million man.

Comment

Say it ain't so boss
                  My computer thinks I'm gay
                  What's the difference anyway
                  When all the people do all day
                  Is stare into a phone

Comment

Originally posted by sewa View Post
                    Say it ain't so boss
                    Meh, very choppy changey. Olding came off injured, mccarthy might have hurt his left arm, payne had ice on his ankle and nick williams is still huge. Wee paul marshall was great.
                    The system is dead! Long live the process!

Comment

What was Oldings injury? Not the knee again I hope.

Comment

Originally posted by the plastic paddy View Post
                        What was Oldings injury? Not the knee again I hope.
                        On the Ulster thread on Boards.ie they say dislocated finger

Comment

Scarlets lead Ulster 7 - 0, what channel is it on?
                          Is stare into a phone

Comment

Correction Ulster now lead 12 - 10, game is on Sky 2
                            Is stare into a phone

Comment

Originally posted by sewa View Post
                              Scarlets lead Ulster 7 - 0, what channel is it on?

Sky Sports 2

Comment

Working...
                              X