Connacht 2014-2015

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connacht 2014-2015

Connacht are in Pool 2 in European Challenge Cup(with Bayonne, Exeter and La Rochelle) and in Pool 1 of British and Irish Cup(with Bristol, London Scottish and Wales 2)

5 added to academy, for next season, who are listed below
    Ciaran Gaffney (Back-Three)
    Jack Dinneen (Hooker)
    Marc Kelly (Back Rower)
    Conor McKeon (Out-Half)
    Peter Robb (Centre)

There is now 15 in the academy in total
    Year 3
    Ultan Dillane Lock
    Shane Layden Back Three

Year 2
    James Connolly Back Row
    Jamie Dever Tight-Head Prop
    Saba Meunargia Tight-Head Prop
    Rory Moloney Back Row
    Sean O’Brien Back Row/Lock
    David Panter Back Three
    Rory Parata Centre
    Jacob Walshe Loose-Head Prop

That sounds like a great group, should be some cracking games in that.
    Tis but a scratch.

Comment

One of their preseason matches is against Clermont not sure of dates

Comment

Originally posted by mr chips View Post
        That sounds like a great group, should be some cracking games in that.
        Bayonne would be a cracking away trip. Got to a match there a few years ago. Great atmosphere and great town. Immeasurably better nightlife than Biarritz.

Comment

Lifestyle Sports their new main sponsor

Comment

Looks like Connacht are signing some quality players and academy players. Their future looks bright. Theyre still weak from positions 4 to 8 apart from Heenan.

Comment

Heenan, His a fine player. Im not a fan of the project player method of getting players for Ireland But Heenan should be good enough when he becomes available.
              When their numbers dwindled from 50 to 8, the other dwarves began to suspect Hungry

Comment

Originally posted by dropkick View Post
                Looks like Connacht are signing some quality players and academy players. Their future looks bright. Theyre still weak from positions 4 to 8 apart from Heenan.
                I wouldn't call sean o Brien a weak prospect sonehow. Faloon is a fine player too when he's injury free
                I always knew Madigan was a closet Scrum Half. Ignore All things that suggest Continuity.

Comment

Originally posted by The Outlaw View Post
                  I wouldn't call sean o Brien a weak prospect sonehow. Faloon is a fine player too when he's injury free
                  SOB wasn't called a weak prospect. He is only a 20 year old and will not greatly strengthen Connacht for now at pro12 level but will in time.

Comment

Comment

Sean O'Brien is a small for a top level lock and not the most athletic for the backrow.. ideally he'd be able to play 6

Comment

6'4 is probably the lower limit for a top lock but it's not impossible if he has the talent.

Comment

Originally posted by whimpersnap View Post
                          6'4 is probably the lower limit for a top lock but it's not impossible if he has the talent.
                          the list of 6'4 locks at the top level is rarely seen, Mike McCarthy being the only player i can think of off the top of my head..

You want your locks to be 197cm+ and 112kg+ while having good/great athleticism.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayern View Post
                            the list of 6'4 locks at the top level is rarely seen, Mike McCarthy being the only player i can think of off the top of my head..

You want your locks to be 197cm+ and 112kg+ while having good/great athleticism.
                            He played 8 at schools level. He's 108 kgs. Which means he's 11kgs heavier then Jack O Donoghue. So he's not doing too badly
                            I always knew Madigan was a closet Scrum Half. Ignore All things that suggest Continuity.

Comment

Originally posted by The Outlaw View Post
                              He played 8 at schools level. He's 108 kgs. Which means he's 11kgs heavier then Jack O Donoghue. So he's not doing too badly
                              His doesn't appear to have the athleticism to be a top level 8, unlike JOD who does. I may be wrong but that's how I see it. Hence why JOD started at 8 for the 20s.

Best suited if he can handle it athletically as a blindside flanker.

Comment

Working...
                              X