JJ Hanrahan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JJ Hanrahan

It's obvious that this guy is (hopefully) going to have a massive career, (*touch wood) the boy has so much potential.
    But I want to see him start. Obviously it will have to wait till next season, but I think the time has come.
    He's after winning the Rhino Golden boot with the highest kicking percentage of the season, and won the Munster young player of the year. I think his potential is endless.

Don't get me wrong Keatley has done really well, much better than I imagined he would, when ROG left.
    But at what point does JJ start being a player of now, and not of the future. I think it's gotten to the stage, that we should just let him off the lead.
    It's probably not very fair on Keatley who's done nothing wrong, I'm just beyond excited to see this kid play week in week out.
    Ideally we could have JJ and Keatley playing together, but after the recent purchase of Tyler Bleyendaal, suggests that it'll be a straight battle of the two players for the number 10 jersey.

Am I alone or what do you think?
    The Maul is Back!! LONG LIVE THE MAUL!!

Stringer is bigger even than his own immense shadow. Pound for pound, he is the best tackler in the world. If you put him into bag of cats he\'d come out without a scratch. He was hit very late for Murphy\'s try. And when he got up, as we knew he would, the crowd cried his name as if he had just fixed the economy.Billy Keane-After Munster\'s famous loss to the AB\'s.

The Bull-Truly irreplaceable, a mountain of a man. 100 caps!!

He'll never be an All Black.
    The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Comment

I think it's fecking great we have 2 outhalves of this calibre. In fairness to Keatley he's slightly ahead of JJ right now. He surpassed my expectations of him this season.
      When things go wrong, blame McGahan

Comment

It can't be a bad thing
        My computer thinks I'm gay
        What's the difference anyway
        When all the people do all day
        Is stare into a phone

Comment

If he's still benching this time next year he'd have to seriously consider moving on, will never be on the international radar without starting the big european games and it'd be a shame to see one of the best young Irish talents stagnate.

Comment

JJ is getting plenty of game time and is being managed very well in munster,if you are looking for stagnating O/Hs look no further than madigan or jackson.
            The drama.
            clowns

Comment

He'd have to start being consistently better than Keatley to be consistently starting ahead of Keatley.

We all know of the potential.... He needs to deliver it week in week out.
              Last edited by Corcíoch; 11th-May-2014, 22:24.

Comment

Originally posted by Reus View Post
                If he's still benching this time next year he'd have to seriously consider moving on, will never be on the international radar without starting the big european games and it'd be a shame to see one of the best young Irish talents stagnate.
                With all these kinda of posts you may as well just say "I dislike Keatley. I don't want him to play."

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeJ View Post
                  With all these kinnda of posts you may as well just say "I dislike Keatley. I don't want him to play."
                  He has a disgusting attitude to Keatley and has had for a long time.

Comment

Holding onto the 2 lads is gonna be a big ask, we've 2 great players right now.

I think they can work in tandem for the foreseeable but it'll be a balancing act to keep rivals from sniffing around them.
                    I am the million man.

Comment

Treat them right pay them enough and theyll go nowhere.
                      Penney done a great job with them both this year hopefully foley can do the same.
                      Great position to be in considering one of the best OHs of all time only left 12 months ago.
                      clowns

Comment

Originally posted by barleys chinos View Post
                        JJ is getting plenty of game time and is being managed very well in munster,if you are looking for stagnating O/Hs look no further than madigan or jackson.
                        The drama.
                        Both have started hec games this season and were involved in the Six Nations. Paddy Jackson has gone from strength to strength being given the responsibility and even though Madigan is out of form he still knows well that good form will be rewarded with big game starts. JJ played out of his skin at times in the mid part of the season, picking up a golden boot along the way and never received that reward. He won't even be a consideration for Ireland without those big starts.

Comment

Originally posted by Corcíoch View Post
                          He has a disgusting attitude to Keatley and has had for a long time.
                          I have the same attitude as Joe Schmidt and Declan Kidney actually, that he is a competent rabo player, a good utility back but not international standard. I don't dislike Ian but he'll be 28 next season and is still nowhere near forcing himself into the international stage. JJ is a fantastic talent and absolutely can hit the very highest level if given the platform to do so.
                          Ulster were in an identical position with Ian Humphries and Paddy Jackson and I doubt they regret their ruthlessness for a moment.
                          Last edited by Reus; 11th-May-2014, 23:29.

Comment

Originally posted by Reus View Post
                            I have the same attitude as Joe Schmidt and Declan Kidney actually, that he is a competent rabo player, a good utility back but not international standard. I don't dislike Ian but he'll be 28 next season and is still nowhere near forcing himself into the international stage. JJ is a fantastic talent and absolutely can hit the very highest level if given the platform to do so.
                            Ulster were in an identical position with Ian Humphries and Paddy Jackson and I doubt they regret their ruthlessness for a moment.
                            Almost all of that post is ********.

Stating his age is about all thats correct and accurate.

Comment

I would have agreed with you 4 or 5 months ago but Keatley has played his way to first choice deservedly since then and it's up to JJ to win the jersey. It's no good giving him the starting spot because of his potential. I'd have Keatley at first choice at the start of next season.

Comment

Working...
                              X