X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In the battle of mcGahan v Fisher
    McGahan wins.
    Rebels 32 Brumbies 24.
    "Hell, I'm not saying I'm an angel, but when it came to dirty tricks I couldn't hold a candle to the Irish Mafia" Jimmy Hoffa

Comment

Originally posted by garryowen2323 View Post
      Anyone know where the Super 15 might be available online? TV broke earlier today and nothing on vipbox or firstrow.
      I watched on vipbox this morning. What a belter the canes and saders was! Serious high tempo rugby from Canes, was impossible to defend, Saders eventually managed to slow down the ball and both wings (Savea & Leiua) come up with moments to savour to get a BP win. Was great stuff

Comment

Originally posted by Bromance View Post
        I watched on vipbox this morning. What a belter the canes and saders was! Serious high tempo rugby from Canes, was impossible to defend, Saders eventually managed to slow down the ball and both wings (Savea & Leiua) come up with moments to savour to get a BP win. Was great stuff
        It must be my IP address being in Oz so. Under the Rugby section I didn't even have the option. It had 2 NRL games, 1 Super League match and 1 Aviva Premiership game. None of which worked for me

Comment

Sharks win again 7 wins from 8.
          Handy that 7 of their first 9 games are at home!
          "Hell, I'm not saying I'm an angel, but when it came to dirty tricks I couldn't hold a candle to the Irish Mafia" Jimmy Hoffa

Comment

Watched Chiefs V Crusaders yesterday . . .Crusaders being the S 15 team I would lean towards.

The more I see of S. 15 the more I dislike it.

It cheapens Rugby Union imo. Whole areas of the game seem to be disregarded by fans etc . . .with the only interest really being in the running open play phases.
            The breakdown is very different and yesterdays Ref let all sorts of carry on go unchecked.

It is a far more dynamic game though. . . .and that is reflected in the athletes too imo.

Its funny how these players can play such a 'style' of Rugby but can still compete with the NH teams at their own game too.

Comment

Originally posted by Corcíoch View Post
              Watched Chiefs V Crusaders yesterday . . .Crusaders being the S 15 team I would lean towards.

The more I see of S. 15 the more I dislike it.

It cheapens Rugby Union imo. Whole areas of the game seem to be disregarded by fans etc . . .with the only interest really being in the running open play phases.
              The breakdown is very different and yesterdays Ref let all sorts of carry on go unchecked.

It is a far more dynamic game though. . . .and that is reflected in the athletes too imo.

Its funny how these players can play such a 'style' of Rugby but can still compete with the NH teams at their own game too.
              In SA the best teams play similar to NH forward based rugby and the fans appreciate a good big pack

In NZ the Crusaders historically play a more structured games. The further into Autumn we get down here the more chance of rain which means less of the expansive game shown by Chiefs, Hurricanes etc

In Oz it has to be entertaining 100% running rugby. If you kick the ball clear inside the 22 or take a place kick instead of kicking for the corner the crowd will boo you off the pitch. That's why Aussie rugby is f*cked right now. The fans don't see running rugby they'll go watch NRL/AFL instead

Comment

In SA the best teams play similar to NH forward based rugby and the fans appreciate a good big pack

In NZ the Crusaders historically play a more structured games. The further into Autumn we get down here the more chance of rain which means less of the expansive game shown by Chiefs, Hurricanes etc

In Oz it has to be entertaining 100% running rugby. If you kick the ball clear inside the 22 or take a place kick instead of kicking for the corner the crowd will boo you off the pitch. That's why Aussie rugby is f*cked right now. The fans don't see running rugby they'll go watch NRL/AFL instead

I agree with regard the RSA teams. I forgot to make that distinction.

There was a fine scrum at one stage in the game yesterday and the fans were playing some game in the stands all around the park . . .zero interest.

Scrums are some of the best parts of a game ffs!!!!!!!!!!

When you take out the scrums, lineouts, mauls Rugby Union becomes a very boring 1 dimensional game imo. I know they don't take them out but many of the S15 teams from OZ and NZ seem to just focus the game on one thing . .which is a pity . . .but the mystery is how they can then still be damn good at all aspects of the game when they play us.

I must keep a closer eye on how they play in poor weather . . ..
                Last edited by Corcíoch; 21st-April-2014, 01:54.

Comment

I agree with regard the RSA teams. I forgot to make that distinction.

There was a fine scrum at one stage in the game yesterday and the fans were playing some game in the stands all around the park . . .zero interest.

Scrums are some of the best parts of a game ffs!!!!!!!!!!

When you take out the scrums, lineouts, mauls Rugby Union becomes a very boring 1 dimensional game imo. I know they don't take them out but many of the S15 teams from OZ and NZ seem to just focus the game on one thing . .which is a pity . . .but the mystery is how they can then still be damn good at all aspects of the game when they play us.

I must keep a closer eye on how they play in poor weather . . ..
                  NZ fans are very fickle. The NZ players however are tough and battle hardened. Well able to play the narrow game as well as expansive when required.

Oz mentality is pathetic on the otherhand. Players generally are a bit softer than the other nations. Fans are ridiculous though. They lost to Scotland here in 2012 in dreadful conditions (some of the Aussie players suffered mild hypothermia) but ask any rugby fan about that game and they'll pretend it never happened just cause it was wet and cold!!

Comment

Chiefs struggling here against the Brumbies . .

Some awful defence for the 3d Brumbies Tries. They were at 6's and 7's for the 4th try . .

Good interview with James O Connor on SKY Total Rugby yesterday. Besides coming across as vain . he spoke on what he sees is the difference between S. 15 and the Aviva Premiership.
                    He likened the attitude in the Aviva Permiership to that of a test match, less risk taking, more tactical, play territory with the boot and build pressure.
                    He felt the attitude in the S. 15 was more lets just have a go at this, run and keep the ball in hand.

Not really news I suppose.

Comment

Watching the force V the Bulls and two Force players felt the need to tap the Bulls out half on the head after he had dropped the ball. How I wish they would outlaw this terrible development in the game, fortunately it isn't too common in the NH, I hope it stays that way.

Comment

Shyte rugby.

No game in Australia is ever much good. Its pissing rain and the locals haven't a clue how to handle it
                        I am the million man.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
                          Shyte rugby.

No game in Australia is ever much good. Its pissing rain and the locals haven't a clue how to handle it
                          You saw Greg Inglis' try last night Cowboy. That's what can happen in Aussie sport wen it's dry. However once one drop of rain arrives they have no idea how to handle it.

Suits the Force down to the ground though. That's the height of their abilities wet or dry. Still not sure how they keep winning. Some day a referee will finally call them up on their offside, going off their feet, sealing off and they'll get bet out the gate by 40points.

Comment

You saw Greg Inglis' try last night Cowboy. That's what can happen in Aussie sport wen it's dry. However once one drop of rain arrives they have no idea how to handle it.

Suits the Force down to the ground though. That's the height of their abilities wet or dry. Still not sure how they keep winning. Some day a referee will finally call them up on their offside, going off their feet, sealing off and they'll get bet out the gate by 40points.
                            Only saw bits of Force Bulls out at the auld fellas. Will google the Inglis score. Surprised at the Bulls to be outmuscled in shyte conditions. They are not usually a side devoid of aggression or brutality, in wet or dry.
                            I am the million man.

Comment

Inglis is a shear freak of nature.

Comment

Chiefs struggling here against the Brumbies . .

Some awful defence for the 3d Brumbies Tries. They were at 6's and 7's for the 4th try . .

Good interview with James O Connor on SKY Total Rugby yesterday. Besides coming across as vain . he spoke on what he sees is the difference between S. 15 and the Aviva Premiership.
                                He likened the attitude in the Aviva Permiership to that of a test match, less risk taking, more tactical, play territory with the boot and build pressure.
                                He felt the attitude in the S. 15 was more lets just have a go at this, run and keep the ball in hand.

Not really news I suppose.
                                Even if Steve Walsh's refering was globally not as bad, there are again matters of debate concerning the two first tries (If forward pass is no more important, then, let's change the rules) and the permanent bloody shambles around and in the rucks and contests.
                                The coaches and teams will have to analyse the compulsions of the refs they will meet as good as they already do concerning the opponents, players will spend more time in the video room than on the pitch, if it continues...
                                "To be energetic and self-sufficing is to be happy; but while one desire remains in the heart happiness may not come there. For to desire is to be incomplete: it is the badge of dependence, the signal of unhappiness, and to be freed from that is to be freed from every fetter that can possibly be forged." (James Stephens, Deirdre)

Comment

Working...
                                X