No announcement yet.

Super 15 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Slade started the last game like I thought he would Saders would have (maybe) won! I hope Read isn't been rushed back in. Delighted to see Hickey get a start. Rate him highly.

This will be the week the Bulls kick into gear I think. Lions have been impressive but they are away from home now against one of the big 3 so I would expect a 20+ points victory for Bulls.

Tahs v Reds has the makings of being a very good game. Rebels need a big performance this week to start of the season well and get the local crowd behind them

Comment

Think the bulls are lacking something, they don't seem to scare teams anymore, there backrow isn't intimidating like other years. Warren Whiteley and Derek Minnie would probably get into there backrow now.

Ah i dunno bout Slade, goalkicking hasn't been his strongest point either in the past, Tom Taylor will kick again this weekend, he's proven to be a top class kicker so would be surprised if he isn't kicking. Crotty was impressive as always last week, really rate him, think Nonu is past it and the future for AB's centres gonna be either a combo of him and Saili or between them 2 with Ben Smith going 1 (altho he's a better winger and an even better 15)

Ellison at the rebels could be a massive coup, if he can solidify their midfield and set targets for Hugh Pyle and Higgenbottom to run at than they could do well, but its always been the case that the rebels talk the talk but havent backed it up. I see they had a crack off Lance 'Buddy' Franklin over there............whats that about?

Comment

Green and gold reporting that ARU are looking to centralise.

Comment

I've heard a few rumours about the ARU alright and Rebels trying to drum up some media attention.

Ellison is a fantastic purchase for the Rebels. Very good player.

Just heard Taylor will be kicking alright. Not really sure what Slade is doing at 15 then to be honest!

I think that Sonny Bill fella might have a shot in the centres again next year too

Comment

Crusaders beaten for the 2nd week on the bounce picking up nothing. Losing 35-24, Crusaders took the advantage in the first 30 but in the next 20-25 mins the Blues got 4 tries and few kicks unanswered! Was remarkable stuff, an exceptional try from youngster Tevita Li from the kick off following Frank Halai's try. Was a special effort to skin 4 lads in about 5metres! Great results for John Kirwan following his contract extension.

No gametime for Benji Marshall this weekend. Simon Hickey at 10 (20 year old) was outstanding

Comment

Rebels playing some super rugby. lead 10 nil after 23mins, Scott Higginbottom (Rebels No.8 and Captain) takes a quick tap five out from Cheetahs line, right under the posts and puts in a pin point cross kick for Fullback Woodward. Super stuff

Comment

Indeed very nice play from the rebels. It's very like League though in terms of how fast it is! The fitness is very high
                Stand up and fight

Comment

Originally posted by sparks View Post
                  Indeed very nice play from the rebels. It's very like League though in terms of how fast it is! The fitness is very high
                  Very intense, full credit to the Rebels, their pack is getting serious go forward, are completely scittling rucks and getting such quick ball..............Cheetahs are very poor today on the other side of it, very passive in defence and carrying with no intent

Comment

Bonus point try for Rebels, game over!

Comment

Final play Rebels turnover and go the length and touchline to touchline for Higginbottom to finish in the corner, great finish, Terrible from the Cheetahs but have to admire just how positive the Rebels were with the ball! Was great stuff

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cc2QQPejZ-E

Highlights of this mornings NZ derby for anyone interested

Comment

For the 2nd season running David Pocock has had his year cut short, he's under gone his 2nd knee construction in 12months. Devastating news for him, Brumbies and Oz

Comment

Pocock is turning into a major sicknote.
                            The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Comment

Originally posted by The Word Is Born View Post
                              Pocock is turning into a major sicknote.
                              Too muscular i think, i looks as if he hasnt a pick of fat on him!!

Comment

I wonder has it anything to do with his accelerated development?
                                The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Comment

Working...
                                X