Super 15 2014

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Super 15 2014

First match in fifteen minutes. Cheetahs vs. Lions. Should be a strangling.

Waikato Chiefs going for 3 in a row. Crusaders and Sharks have squads strong enough to challenge. Reds, Bulls and Brumbies will be contenders too.

Go you Canes.
    Last edited by HenryFitz; 15th-February-2014, 14:51.

10-9 to the Cheetahs at half time. Try created by Willie Le Roux. Goosen isn't shaping the game the way you'd want your fly half to. Boshoff for the Lions has been the more impressive of the two.

Comment

Interesting comment from the sky sports host after a James o'connor ad all about sky sports.

"Ok James....... Was that a leopard skin rug at his place? I hope so."

Comment

That was a poor game really. Some very poor decisions from the Cheetahs in the second half.

Comment

Interesting to see how league legend Benji Marshall goes at Auckland.
          One of only one reasons id watch an NRL game.
          "Hell, I'm not saying I'm an angel, but when it came to dirty tricks I couldn't hold a candle to the Irish Mafia" Jimmy Hoffa

Comment

Originally posted by NotreDameRFC View Post
            Yeah, he is a legend. ROG was tweeting about some interview he did this morning.

Comment

Originally posted by NotreDameRFC View Post
              He WAS a league legend. Was very poor over the past couple of years I felt. Flashes of brilliance but nothing near his peak and plenty of injuries. If he moved to Union 5 years ago I would have been getting excited.

If I was a Blues fan I would have been hoping Simon Hickey would have been getting close to starting 10 but has now dropped a peg in the ladder. Should overtake Noakes as second choice this season though.

Comment

Noakes touted as starting 10 (who in fairness i was very surprised with at the start of last season), Piutau carrying a knck so Benji looks set to debut at 13. There's a fierce battle for the 12/13 slots with Saili'i, Moala, Willison and Piutau all looking to play there, alongside Ma'a Nonu.

Looking forward to Chief Saders this weekend! Is gonna be hue game, Chiefs backrow looks thin with a lot of injuries while Richie McCaw looks to play 8 this week with Read out and than a permanent switch to 6 with Matt Todd at 7. Wonder is Freuan gonna be declared fit to face his old side? Who'll play 10 for Sader? Byllendall or Taylor with Crotty going 13?

Seriously looking forward to this weekend!!

Player to watch out for......Ardie Savea!!

Comment

I would have my money on Colin Slade starting 10 for Saders.

Agree with "baby" Savea. Absolute beast of a man!

Comment

Byllendal at 10 for Crusaders with 2 SuerRugby debutants starting, 1 from the Bench and Rey Lee-lo of the Canes last yr in Feuans 13 jersey. Great news for the Chiefs is that Freuan is fit and debuts at 13, Mils Muiliana returns to start at 15 with Nanai-Williams on a wing. Gonna be an epic encounter Friday morning

Comment

Super 15 becoming Super 17 here

A new Super Rugby model has been agreed at a SANZAR meeting in Sydney on Thursday to expand the tournament to 17 sides.

According to a statement released by SANZAR, a sixth South African team - most likely to be the Kings - will be included along with a team from Argentina.

The new structure requires approval from the Unions of each country but would mean that Argentina are included in the tournament for the first time, with South Africa having more teams in the competition than Australia and New Zealand.

"A scheduled meeting of SANZAR's Executive Committee took place in Sydney on Thursday where the future of Super Rugby was among the agenda items," read a statement.

"Today's meeting was another important step in deciding the future of Super Rugby," said SANZAR CEO Greg Peters.

"Encouraging progress was made and we now have a preferred model that involves six teams from South Africa and a new team from Argentina.

"The model will now be taken to the National Unions for approval before SANZAR presents its final position to broadcasters and fans in due course."
                      "Everything good about Ireland can be found in County Cork"....Lonely Planet Guide 2012

Comment

Crusaders vs Chiefs 72nd minute 7-11 to the chiefs .. Crusaders have missed 7 penalty's ,
                        Crusaders awarded a penalty in front of the post successful 11-10 to the chiefs 5 mins left some finish, Crusaders throwing every thing at them , chiefs really tiring
                        Caoimhin De Burgh

Comment

Crusaders really putting the pressure on and throw a pass and its intercepted with 2 minutes left , by James Lowe on his debut and
                          Crudon converts from the touchline , final whistle blows !8-10 to the Chiefs the defending champions what a game it was.
                          Caoimhin De Burgh

Comment

Just watching the Crusaders V Chief's as we speak . . . .some awful awful stuff with the odd moment of brilliance.

Comment

Israel Dagg benched for the Crusaders this weekend for Colin Salde to start at 15 with Tom Taylor coming off the Bench to replace Tyler Blyendall who gets the chop after missing 5 pens in 1st half last week. Saders also welcome back IRB POTY Kieran Read at no. 8. They face the Blues who are missing Francis Siali after his great try last weekend with France bound Jackson Willison moving from 13 to 12. Simon Hickey starts at 10 for the 1st time with Benji Marshall on the bench again.

The Bulls bring in Victor Matfield to start in the Row this week alongside Flip Van Der Merwe. Bulls lost Pierre Spies for 6 months to a Bicep problem and don't really look to be upto too much this season! They face off with the Lions who are 2 from 2 with their Flyalf Boshoff kicking 50 points in 2 games, 29 in his last appearance against the Stormers.

Tahs face off with the reds in what is sure to be a cracker, Izzy Folau started with a bang scoring 3 last week against the miserable Western Farce.

Rebels start there campaign under Tony McG with the Cheetahs, Cheetahs aren't playing with the freedom of recent years which is disappointing but hopefully that can change.

Comment

Working...
                              X