This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Liam Williams & the villains thread

Thought it was horribly cheap shot on Paddy Jackson after the try. Don't watch much Welsh club rugby but had read posts previously on here about Williams that raised a lot of ire.
    Genuine question, what's his previous form? Only knew his rep, wondering after seeing that if it indeed is justified
    Con Artist

Don't forget we aren't so holy, Murray did the same two seasons ago if I'm not mistaken
    Stand up and fight

Comment

Bad. Has previous for nasty, niggly, late stuff.
      Ceterum censeo INM irrumandum esse.

Comment

He's a phucking scumbag....simples.

Comment

Philips is a horrible **** as well.
          We'll engrave your name in gold, as we did in days of old.
          Roll along lovely Axel, roll along.

Comment

He's known for it.
            A liability as far as I'm concerned.
            I'm sick of phillips too. Easily wound up these days. He used to be the one doing the winding. Past his use by date.
            The axe that cuts the tree can easily forget, but the tree thats been cut will not forget.

Originally posted by the plastic paddy
            Gwan the Welsh

Comment

He is a MOD EDIT, also known as a Nigel.

Comment

Originally posted by Huwie View Post
                He's known for it.
                I'm sick of phillips too. Easily wound up these days. He used to be the one doing the winding. Past his use by date.
                Phillips was targeted as they knew he'd spit the dummy.

There was another occasion where it looked like Darse was about to get some fingers in the eye area. They cut away from the replay before I could see much more.

As a by the way the RTE camera work was shocking. FFS they nearly missed the Jackson try.
                Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

Comment

Not that I disagree about Liam Williams, but I'm not entirely convinced of the wisdom of this thread (no offence Val). Leaving it for now but will see how things go.
                  Tis but a scratch.

Comment

No worries Chippy take it down if needs be or as you see fit. Genuinely not stirring it but had noticed buckets of venoms aimed a him on here long before today. I wasn't that aware of they guy & was wondering what had he actually done before that has earned him such a reputation?

Edit: actually will take it from Huwie's post that there's a lot of previous form. So lock it up Chippy, apologies if any offence caused. Maybe instead of a name I should have just called it The Villains thread. The thing with rugby is that for such a seriously physical game there is very little obvious thuggery. Thankfully
                    Last edited by Valencia; 8th-February-2014, 18:04.
                    Con Artist

Comment

Fair enough. No offence caused and like I said I share your - & probably most people's - view of what a sneaky little f*cker he is. Just don't want the thread to become a vehicle for loads of bile directed at any & every half controversial incident, or used as a stick to beat us with when one of our players does something stupid (which I think is thankfully rare). No issue at all with discussing things when they happen but it's probably best not to have an ongoing thread dedicated to giving out about individual players, so I'll lock it up after all.
                      Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Originally posted by fitzy73 View Post
                        There was another occasion where it looked like Darse was about to get some fingers in the eye area. They cut away from the replay before I could see much more.
                        That was Alun Wyn-Jones, it looked pretty close to eye contact alright

Comment

Originally posted by mr chips View Post
                          Not that I disagree about Liam Williams, but I'm not entirely convinced of the wisdom of this thread (no offence Val). Leaving it for now but will see how things go.
                          It's deserved & long overdue thread.

Comment

Originally posted by fitzy73 View Post
                            Phillips was targeted as they knew he'd spit the dummy.

As a by the way the RTE camera work was shocking. FFS they nearly missed the Jackson try.
                            In fairness did not one of the RTE mobile camera men not get clattered? He was probably out injured.
                            Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

Originally posted by Huwie View Post
                              He's known for it.
                              got

Phillips was a joy to watch yesterday. Was wound up like a clock work toy. He was lucky the referee was so patient.
                              Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

Working...
                              X