London Irish

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lawrence View Post

I’m well aware the rules are different, and posted that I don’t think for a second that trial would have gone ahead in the south because of those differences.

What you cant seem to grasp is the link between the trail in the North bringing up discussions in the South and further afield to do with many aspects of rape, and while a lot of that might have been “ill-informed” they were discussions that needed to happen and it became clear that the process in the South is far from perfect.
    The issue with the so-called “link” between that trial and discussions that took place here was that the people were comparing apples and oranges, despite knowing feck all about fruit. That’s not helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by Piquet View Post

It should be noted that the Barrister who brought up the alleged victim's underwear is female.
      I remember wondering at the time how different the reaction would have been had it been a male that asked that question.

Comment

Originally posted by Munsterboy View Post

The issue with the so-called “link” between that trial and discussions that took place here was that the people were comparing apples and oranges, despite knowing feck all about fruit. That’s not helpful.

The trail started a lot of talk and that talk showed to me how a lot of victim blaming occurs, how women are reluctant to report rape and how difficult it is to establish the facts about rape, let alone successfully prosecute it and how much of a grey area exists around consent, those are not geographic specific issues.

It says more about you than anything else that your conclusions stop at concluding that people put forward ill-informed opinions about certain topics.

Comment

The trail started a lot of talk and that talk showed to me how a lot of victim blaming occurs, how women are reluctant to report rape and how difficult it is to establish the facts about rape, let alone successfully prosecute it and how much of a grey area exists around consent, those are not geographic specific issues.

It says more about you than anything else that your conclusions stop at concluding that people put forward ill-informed opinions about certain topics.
          And how helpful has all of that talk been to anything, other than to whip up the self-righteous anger of people like yourself who, having read a few news reports, feel entitled to act as judge and jury?

Comment

That’s about the single most dumb thing I’ve ever read here.
            Last edited by lawrence; 16th-June-2019, 12:36.

Comment

Go and read some of the things posted about Rob Penney then to refresh your memory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Viigand View Post
                Go and read some of the things posted about Rob Penney then to refresh your memory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go on tell me more.

Comment

A cynic would argue that their decision to remove their LI sponsorship has resulted in greater publicity than LI would ever have given them and saved a few quid.

Would agree, they have been show-boating for weeks about their social responsibility and a holier than thou attitude.

Comment

Working...
                  X