No announcement yet.

London Irish

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paddy has to live with the consequences of his actions, no sympathy.

Comment

Originally posted by Dowlinz View Post
      Paddy has to live with the consequences of his actions, no sympathy.
      What actions?

Comment

Originally posted by Brenny View Post

What actions?
        Those for which he was tried and found not guilty, I’d presume most would say, for me it’s bringing the game into disrepute, by his actions subsequent to the night in question.

Comment

Paddy Jackson was at Brive the other day to support local team and Stuart Olding vs RC Vannes.

Comment

Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post

Those for which he was tried and found not guilty, I’d presume most would say, for me it’s bringing the game into disrepute, by his actions subsequent to the night in question.
            He was found not guilty! I've a feeling this could have been a test run to see how people would react before bringing him back to Ireland. Ultimately the sort of stuff that came out in the whats app messages, which is what the controversy arises from now, happens absolutely everywhere, not that that makes it right.

Comment

Whilst Jackson was found not guilty of rape and sexual assault he was a party to those messages on Whatsapp.

Now you could argue that the nature of one of those chats is private, but that's no longer the case in this instance. His behavior was sufficiently poor to warrant the cancellation of his IRFU contract, and it's this that is causing Guinness to reconsider it's sponsorship of the Not Nots. Frankly I think they are correct to do so.
              Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
              Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

Originally posted by LimerickRugbyFan View Post

He was found not guilty! I've a feeling this could have been a test run to see how people would react before bringing him back to Ireland. Ultimately the sort of stuff that came out in the whats app messages, which is what the controversy arises from now, happens absolutely everywhere, not that that makes it right.
                No it doesn’t.

Comment

Originally posted by Miguel Sanchez View Post
                  Whilst Jackson was found not guilty of rape and sexual assault he was a party to those messages on Whatsapp.

Now you could argue that the nature of one of those chats is private, but that's no longer the case in this instance. His behavior was sufficiently poor to warrant the cancellation of his IRFU contract, and it's this that is causing Guinness to reconsider it's sponsorship of the Not Nots. Frankly I think they are correct to do so.
                  He also persued actions to recover his costs against the woman involved, when his means and potential income are, I'd imagine, altogether different. I realise this is an arguable point, but for me, it again did the game, Ulster and his reputation no favours. You also have to ask yourself as a potential sponsor, whether further reputational dmage is likely in the future. We have all done stupid things, we are not all paid so much or in the public eye.
                  Last edited by jagawayagain; 11th-June-2019, 09:58.

Comment

Originally posted by lawrence View Post

No it doesn’t.
                    You're incredibly naive if you think that sort of messages aren't widespread around young lads!

Comment

You're incredibly naive if you think that sort of messages aren't widespread around young lads!
                      Then hopefully it will destroy their careers as well. If they can't behave with any degree of respect to half the population, to the mothers, wives, daughters of us all, then they'l deserve everything they get.

And if you think commonplace = acceptable, grow the **** up.
                      Munster – Champions of Europe 2006, 2008, 2020.

Comment

You might be in groups that talk about people in that way but it doesn’t mean others do or that it’s widespread, not everyone is a classless prick.

I’m in my fair share of WhatsApp groups and some mankey videos do the rounds, every type of
                        of joke is in there as well but I’d leave any group if people were speaking about a young, drunk vulnerable girl they met in that way.

Comment

I'm not even remotely condoning what they said it is unacceptable and completely wrong no matter whether its public or private. I just don't believe that what's said behind closed doors should result in people losing their jobs. And my point is that if this was to be the case there would be plenty other rugby / football players that would be in an awful lot of trouble. There is also women and girls that speak that way aswell! Not just a male issue

Comment

I'm not even remotely condoning what they said it is unacceptable and completely wrong no matter whether its public or private. I just don't believe that what's said behind closed doors should result in people losing their jobs. And my point is that if this was to be the case there would be plenty other rugby / football players that would be in an awful lot of trouble. There is also women and girls that speak that way aswell! Not just a male issue
                            That’s fair enough so, you think people should be allowed to say and do as the please like be a racist, a homophobe, antisemite etc etc as long as it’s behind closed doors and there should be no consequences.

Comment

Originally posted by Miguel Sanchez View Post

What exactly do you mean by 'party to those messages on WhatsApp?' What exactly did he say on WhatsApp and what is he supposed to have done that brings the game into disrepute?

Comment

The consensus of the twitterati can decide a person's career.

Comment

Working...
                                X