The Welsh RFU Fair Or Foul

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Welsh RFU Fair Or Foul

I read a letter on a UK newspaper last week from a person who travelled from England to Cardiff with his wife to attend the Wales Vs South Africa game . When they arrived in Cardiff they found that they had left their tickets for the game at home . they had bought the tickets online and they guessed that they should have no problem getting in to see the game as they had all the details about the tickets , ref number . seat numbers etc etc

When they went to the ticket office in the Millennium stadium and explained their case they were told that they would not be allowed in to the stadium without their tickets they then said they would wait until the game had started and they then should be allowed to take their seats which would be still vacant again they were told they would not be allowed in without their tickets

Were the Welsh RFU right or wrong to refuse them entry ? what would happen if a person found themselves in the same situation at Thomond Park or the Aviva Stadium

The WRU in theirs terms of admission state the following :

"In order to gain admission to the Stadium a Ticket must be presented in its entirety at the specified entrance."

http://www.wru.co.uk/eng/tickets/dis...conditions.php

So, in accordance with the terms and conditions regarding the ticket, the WRU were correct in refusing entry.

The IRFU adopt the same stance at the Aviva :

"Entry into the Stadium will be authorised on a match day only upon the presentation of a valid ticket by each ticket holder seeking to gain entrance, regardless of age."

http://www.irishrugby.ie/tickets/terms.php

So,if the same situation occurred at the Aviva, I would have thought the IRFU would refuse entry too.
    Cé go bhfuil an namhaid trampled underfoot mo thír, fhios ag an teanga d'aois na Breataine Bige aon Retreat. Evan James 1856

Comment

So it was only when they got to the Millennium stadium that they checked they had their tickets...

Comment

It could be a genuine case, and I repeat could. But I think if the WRU or the IRFU start admitting people in to their grounds without tickets, it starts a very dangerous precedent. Based on what is written above, I would suggest they were correct to refuse entry.
        Cé go bhfuil an namhaid trampled underfoot mo thír, fhios ag an teanga d'aois na Breataine Bige aon Retreat. Evan James 1856

Comment

Should start offering online tickets similar to the airlines or music venues.
          The only difference between me and a madman is that I'm not mad.
          - Salvador Dali (1904-1989)

Comment

If tickets had bar codes like ours do, then it's a bit mean not to reprint them, and cancel the originals, if there is no way to cancel the others, then fair enough
            The Source for this post is The Internet

Comment

Originally posted by Bosco View Post
              If tickets had bar codes like ours do, then it's a bit mean not to reprint them, and cancel the originals, if there is no way to cancel the others, then fair enough
              Ah, but they arrived on the day without the tickets, if they had at least rang ahead then possibly something could have been done, but to arrive to a busy stadium on matchday without notification,... Bugger off...

Comment

The better half and the sister in-law went to a concert in Wembley last year but realised the night before the tickets were on our bedside table in NI. A lot of too-ing and fro-ing went on but with my credit card details & scan, scanned copies of the tickets and reference numbers etc they go re-prints. They went four hours before the gig started to sort this out and by all accounts the ticketing staff were very helpful.

I have also heard of other similar experiences where if you leave enough time and have all the relevant information things can be done.

To turn up on game day and expect admission is a bit much, and as tafnat says only checking the ticket when you got to the Stadium or just before going is well....you know yourself.

I imagine that these stories will increasingly go the way of the dodo with tickets being sent to smart phones etc. Recently flew with BA on a couple of connecting flights and didn't have a ticket or piece of paper for the whole trip, everything was on the phone...admittedly this got a little hairy sitting in T1 waiting to board the Belfast flight and i had 1% Battery left.

Comment

I sent a bunch of tickets to 'The Last Stand' - the Ulster/Leinster match in the old Lansdowne to my brother-in-law, but the post office were unable to deliver them with 10 days to spare due it being christmas (idiots), but they went with the confirmation email etc and they were admitted by a steward and given seats (not the seats I had booked, but in fact, better seats!).
                  Believe.

Comment

Originally posted by Burgers View Post
                    Ah, but they arrived on the day without the tickets, if they had at least rang ahead then possibly something could have been done, but to arrive to a busy stadium on matchday without notification,... Bugger off...
                    Happened me at an away game with Munster a few years ago, left the tickets on the train.

Spent an hour asking fellow supporters for spares to no avail (was an important game, none floating about) and was about to give up until someone suggested to me to ask at the ticket desk for a reprint. Walked up, presented ID and the purchase details and no problem. Munster offer something similar - if you lose your ticket you can get a reprint on the day.

People order tickets and get box office collection for all sorts of events, the WRU might have been correct according to their t&cs but would it REALLY have been that much trouble to print off new tickets as long as they have all the necessary documentation?
                    Marty in the Morning

Comment

I used to work for an English premiership soccer side. If you lost your tickets, they would reprint them for you, as long as you had the credit card details for the original purchase.

Comment

Originally posted by LeakyBoots View Post
                        Happened me at an away game with Munster a few years ago, left the tickets on the train.

Spent an hour asking fellow supporters for spares to no avail (was an important game, none floating about) and was about to give up until someone suggested to me to ask at the ticket desk for a reprint. Walked up, presented ID and the purchase details and no problem. Munster offer something similar - if you lose your ticket you can get a reprint on the day.

People order tickets and get box office collection for all sorts of events, the WRU might have been correct according to their t&cs but would it REALLY have been that much trouble to print off new tickets as long as they have all the necessary documentation?

When you have a busy ticket office on Matchday who - especially for a sell out are set up hours in advance with tickets printed for those who requested ticket office collection, you are pretty much geared up to get things out as quickly as possible.. Reprints because idiots and yes they were idiots- only decided to check for their tickets just prior to the game throw that setup out of whack. Hence why I said earlier that if they had called ahead- then things may have been sorted.

I had to verify a purchase last season to the IRFU. Pal decided to leave his tickets in the UK and flew to Dublin, realises the night before the game that he did not have them.

In order for the IRFU to reprint..
                        He needed.

Proof of Purchase.
                        Scan copy of the tickets - clearing showing barcode and stub.
                        ID.

Once he had that they sorted it.

Still a muppet.

Comment

Working...
                        X