Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wales v South Africa

Wales team just announced to face the Boks :

15.L Halfpenny, 14. G. North, 13. J Davies, 12. S Williams, 11. E Walker, 10. R Priestland, 9. M Phillips, 1. G Jenkins, 2. R Hibbard, 3. A Jones, 4. B Davies, 5. AW Jones, 6. D Lydiate, 7. S Warburton (capt), 8. T Faletau

Replacements:Owens, James, Andrews, Charteris, Tipuric, Lloyd Williams, Hook, Liam Williams
    Cé go bhfuil an namhaid trampled underfoot mo thír, fhios ag an teanga d'aois na Breataine Bige aon Retreat. Evan James 1856

Wales v South Africa: Warren Gatland rejects Rolland meeting
    WALES V SOUTH AFRICA

Coach Warren Gatland will ignore protocol and not meet referee Alain Rolland before Wales' match against South Africa on Saturday.

Irishman Rolland will officiate his first Wales game since sending off captain Sam Warburton in their 9-8 2011 World Cup semi-final defeat by France.
    Sam Warburton was sent off for this tackle on Vincent Clerc

Sam Warburton was sent off for this tackle on Vincent Clerc

It is traditional for coaches to meet referees before a Test.

But BBC Sport Wales understands Gatland, who said he was "gutted" by Warburton's dismissal, will not do so.

Warburton, who was shown a red card for a tip tackle on Vincent Clerc, later said Rolland's decision was correct.

The referee stood by his decision to send off the player who went on to lead the British and Irish Lions to a 2-1 series win over Australia in 2013.

In the meantime, Warburton has helped lead Wales to Six Nations titles in 2012 and 2013.

Coaches usually attempt to seek clarification of interpretations of the game's laws with match referees before Tests.

Gatland denied putting pressure on South African referee Jonathan Kaplan ahead of Wales' 2009 Six Nations win over England.

Responding to the then England backs coach Brian Smith's assertion, Gatland said: "The meetings are commonplace and something that, in my experience as an international coach, often prove invaluable.

"We tend to talk mainly about how we want to play the game and also listen to the referee's views."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/24814317

Comment

He can be seriously childish at the best of times. Yet more Fatland to the fore controversy.

If the Boks pick a power pack this November they could win the entire tour.
      I am the million man.

Comment

No major surprises with the team selection, apart from the Number 10 slot. Dan Biggar will feel hard done by, but good to see Hook back in the fold. He has certainly earned that on his form in France. Big chance here for Rhys Priestland to show what he can do. Eli Walker on the wing has benefited from Cuthburts injury,and is certainly an exciting prospect. This though is a huge challenge, and Wales are long overdue a SH scalp.
        Cé go bhfuil an namhaid trampled underfoot mo thír, fhios ag an teanga d'aois na Breataine Bige aon Retreat. Evan James 1856

Comment

Pity Roberts is out but thats a fine replacement. Fancy them to beat Saffers
          My computer thinks I'm gay
          What's the difference anyway
          When all the people do all day
          Is stare into a phone

Comment

Two fine players, Walkers a real speed merchant and Williams scored the try of the HEC so far, looks a star player
            My computer thinks I'm gay
            What's the difference anyway
            When all the people do all day
            Is stare into a phone

Comment

Eli Walker is quite a prospect, and as mentioned a real speed merchant. Here is a link to watch some of his play:

http://youtu.be/ogeSbgkH8pM

He was a schoolboy athletics star who can run 100m in 10.8 seconds. In addition to natural pace, he has a brilliant side-step, and has a gliding style that is reminiscent of a young Jeremy Guscott.
              Last edited by Owain; 5th-November-2013, 14:21.

Comment

Irish link...?

Sorry. Had to.

Big thing is, the sheer size and speed of those Bokke is terrifying. The physical pounding on which so much of Gatlandball relies is, if anything, going to be coming the other way. And Hook over Biggar is one I simply cannot fathom, given the last 6N.
                Ceterum censeo INM irrumandum esse.

Comment

Originally posted by sewa View Post
                  they may have been beaten, but if they can play like this a month agio I'd think the Boks will bate all round them up here this month.

I am the million man.

Comment

Originally posted by sewa View Post
                    The Welsh have beaten the Bokke once.

Ever.

This is a very good Welsh team, but that Bok team has the potential to be something special.
                    Last edited by Thomond78; 5th-November-2013, 15:28.

Comment

Originally posted by Owain View Post
                      Eli Walker is quite a prospect, and as mentioned a real speed merchant. Here is a link to watch some of his play:

http://youtu.be/ogeSbgkH8pM

He was a schoolboy athletics star who can run 100m in 10.8 seconds. In addition to natural pace, he has a brilliant side-step, and has a gliding style that is reminiscent of a young Jeremy Guscott.
                      The second Welsh Walker winger.
                      I think he runs a bit like Tom James.
                      The axe that cuts the tree can easily forget, but the tree thats been cut will not forget.

Originally posted by the plastic paddy
                      Gwan the Welsh

Comment

Pity the Wales and Ireland games are on at the same time this weekend, would have liked to have watched both consecutively.
                        I am the million man.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
                          Pity the Wales and Ireland games are on at the same time this weekend, would have liked to have watched both consecutively.
                          Get someone to plus it for you. I'd say I'll be doing the same.
                          The axe that cuts the tree can easily forget, but the tree thats been cut will not forget.

Originally posted by the plastic paddy
                          Gwan the Welsh

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post

Are the BBC repeating either of the games ?

Comment

Originally posted by Huwie View Post
                              The second Welsh Walker winger.
                              I think he runs a bit like Tom James.
                              I think he runs like a Welshman.

Comment

Working...
                              X