Dayglo’s HEC whinge

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dayglo’s HEC whinge

Normally have a lot of time for the man but I thought his whinge about how unfair it is on the English that bsaically it's not guaranteed all their top players play in HEC was a joke.

His argument, Jonny Wilkinson has only played once in it. Well if he didn't play for a bag of s**te club that wasn't good enough to qualify he would have played more. That's about the club not HEC being unfair. It's yet another bit of the English (like the French) not liking the fact that us celtic peasants have improved from the competition so wanting to take places off us for their own benefit.

Originally posted by Evil Omer

Normally have a lot of time for the man but I thought his whinge about how unfair it is on the English that bsaically it's not guaranteed all their top players play in HEC was a joke.

His argument, Jonny Wilkinson has only played once in it. Well if he didn't play for a bag of s**te club that wasn't good enough to qualify he would have played more. That's about the club not HEC being unfair. It's yet another bit of the English (like the French) not liking the fact that us celtic peasants have improved from the competition so wanting to take places off us for their own benefit.

That's a really stupid post, Omer.He has a valid point - especially when you see the current (until this time tomorrow anyway) HEC champs not bothering their arses in the ML this season because they know they'll get a place in next year's HEC anyway.

You owe Lol an apol.

New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

No I don't and you know it. His point was clearly made that England should have more places because England can't find enough English players with HEC experience. Well if they didn't keep fielding so many foreigners for a start - correct me if I'm wrong but Leicester currently have quite a few themselves, including Irishmen- then they might have more English players with HEC experience.

He also made it quite clear that he's envious of how much the rest of us have benefited from regular HEC games. It's another in a mounting line of pieces bemoaning how we get HEC places and they don't.

Also Munster have been fielding weakened sides this season for a lot of reasons - injuries and missing internationals being more the case than not trying. Now that claim was an awful post. Actually for a long time there was no guarantee we'd get a slot.

Comment

No I don't and you know it. His point was clearly made that England should have more places because England can't find enough English players with HEC experience. Well if they didn't keep fielding so many foreigners for a start - correct me if I'm wrong but Leicester currently have quite a few themselves, including Irishmen- then they might have more English players with HEC experience.

He also made it quite clear that he's envious of how much the rest of us have benefited from regular HEC games. It's another in a mounting line of pieces bemoaning how we get HEC places and they don't.

Also Munster have been fielding weakened sides this season for a lot of reasons - injuries and missing internationals being more the case than not trying. Now that claim was an awful post. Actually for a long time there was no guarantee we'd get a slot.

Sorry, I beg to differ, not even I believe that Munster could ever finish beneath both Connacht and the Borders, so they have a HEC shoo-in every year (as have Leinster, Ulster and the solvent Welsh Clubs). The English clubs have to work hard toqualify - there is a massive difference.

New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

i would expect evil omer is refering to the earlier days of the HEC when we were only guaranteed 2 slots and a third based on performance. This was based on the interpros iir early on and later the position in the league
          "Some people don't know their easy lives... I wouldn't be so ungrateful" - Fiacre Ryan - #AutismAndMe

Comment

Qualification should be more competitive. Obviously TV advertising and broader appeal are good reasons to include teams from all over Europe but I'd like to see Munster take the league more seriously.

Maybe the top three from each from England, France and Celtic could qualify automatically and the rest of the places be up for grabs across the board, something like that.
            Munster – Champions of Europe 2006, 2008, 2019.

Comment

His argument, Jonny Wilkinson has only played once in it. Well if he didn't play for a bag of s**te club that wasn't good enough to qualify he would have played more.

Even if they had've qualified he'd have been injured anyway[img]smileys/biggrin.gif[/img]

Comment

I hope the old dick starts against us.

Comment

Originally posted by epaddy

Please don't sneer at great players. Like him or hate him, Dallaglio is a true legend of rugby.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Dog

Like him or hate him, Dallaglio is a true legend of rugby.

I wouldnt disagree with any of that, but he is the enemy.

Comment

He's a winner - and we could do with some of thosein Leinster.

Comment

and in ireland
                        If the lessons of history teach us anything it is that nobody learns the lessons that history teaches us.

Comment

Sorry, I beg to differ, not even I believe that Munster could ever finish beneath both Connacht and the Borders, so they have a HEC shoo-in every year (as have Leinster, Ulster and the solvent Welsh Clubs). The English clubs have to work hard toqualify - there is a massive difference.

I think thats a problem too but there is a very easy solution. There should be no more seperate welsh, irish and scottich HEC spots but a pool of spots from the magners league as a whole.

That would go a long way to making the system more equitable and would spice the ML up quite a bit too

Comment

Please don't sneer at great players. Like him or hate him, Dallaglio is a true legend of rugby.

Just like your hero Christian Cullen [img]smileys/wink.gif[/img]
                            Hi sham, gimme 2 pints of carling, a bottle of bud, and a vodka and orange for the burd

Comment

Correct me if i'm wrong, but English teams get 5 places in the HEC out of their 12 premiership teams. If they win the Anglo-Welsh they can get 6. So that is half of top flight teams in England get places.

Ireland get 3 from 4.

Seems unfair to me.

Comment

Working...
                              X