Rugby player chases Scum- Bag -Snatcher

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rugby player chases Scum- Bag -Snatcher

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/new...-rugby-3864076 A handbag snatcher came unstuck when he was spotted making his getaway by super-fit professional rugby player Scott Wright.
    He jumped out of his car and gave chase – forcing the thief to throw down the bag before disappearing down an alleyway.
    “The bag’s contents were scattered over the road, so I stopped running to pick them up,” said Scott. “I was shouting at him and was close on his heels when he discarded the bag and ran off.
    “It’s a good job for his sake that I didn’t catch him.”
    Scott, a 24-year-old Nottingham first-team hooker, was driving along Newtown Road in Nuneaton when he saw a suspicious-looking teenager walking quickly, with something clutched to his chest.
    “He had a hood over his face and an elderly man suddenly came hurrying up the pavement screaming for him to be apprehended. The youth then darted across the road and I could see handbag swinging from his hand,” said Scott. “I just reacted, abandoning my car with the engine still running, to sprint after him.
    "He dashed across the Halfords car park and along Corporation Street. That was where he slung the bag to the ground, before making off through a jitty into Abbey Street.”
    Scott halted his chase to retrieve the contents of the black leather bag.
    He said: “There was a purse, quite a bit of money, a few credit cards and a mobile phone. The man who had been following the thief said he had seen the bag snatched off a woman further down Newtown Road. In the meantime, someone had parked my car for me, so I went in search of the owner of the bag.
    “She was standing near the entrance to the Asda car park. She was probably aged in her 60s and was all shook up. There were a few people comforting her, so I just handed over the bag. This must have been an upsetting experience for her, and I hope she is OK.”
    Scott used to play for Nuneaton and his “have a go” response was witnessed by a club supporter.
    “Me and my husband were in a traffic queue in Newtown Road and recognised Scott when we saw him suddenly leap out of his car and run after someone,” said Elaine Sutton. “In no time he came walking back, carrying a handbag, so we guessed what had happened. We then saw him handing the bag back to this lady, which I thought was really touching.”
    Scott, a former St Thomas More student who lives in Hinckley Road, said: “I don’t consider myself a hero. But this sort of thing is just not nice. Anyone who would steal a handbag off an elderly woman must have something seriously wrong in their head, or be very desperate.”
    www.canvasclubshop.com

good lad, shows that even hookers can run sometimes! there really are some rotten scum bags around, grabbing an elderly lady's bag.

Comment

Could he not just have driven after him
      "Some people don't know their easy lives... I wouldn't be so ungrateful" - Fiacre Ryan - #AutismAndMe

Comment

Misleading thread title. I thought that this was rugby pitch related bag snatching.
        The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Comment

Originally posted by The Word Is Born View Post
          Misleading thread title. I thought that this was rugby pitch related bag snatching.
          For the last time, Cullen was going for the ball not the ball bag.

Comment

I thought this thread was referrring to Brock James chasing a scum bag.
            "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
            Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

Bet Sean Cronin wouldn't have caught him.
              We'll engrave your name in gold, as we did in days of old.
              Roll along lovely Axel, roll along.

Comment

Originally posted by Mack the Knife View Post
                Bet he wouldn't have stopped to pick up the pieces.
                This piece strikes me as self-serving. I smell collusion.
                Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Originally posted by blackwarrior View Post
                  I thought this thread was referrring to Brock James chasing a scum bag.
                  He didn't catch/stop either, maybe Brock should have being like that movie ( the last boy scout )
                  employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings,so that you shall gain easily what others have labored hard for. "socrates"
                  beware the barrenness of a busy life, "socrates "
                  who are you to judge the life i live? I know i'm not perfect-and i don't live to be-but before you start pointing fingers...make sure you hands are clean." BOB MARLEY
                  we are what we repeatedly do.excellance,then,is not an act,but a habit ''aristotle''

Comment

Its cases like this you wish he'd left the Bag on the ground for someone else to pick up and caught the thief to give him a good hiding.
                    The problem with this world is there are too many snakes... and not enough Ladders!
                    Originally posted by joconnell
                    If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by ustix View Post
                      Bet he wouldn't have stopped to pick up the pieces.
                      This piece strikes me as self-serving. I smell collusion.
                      Detective Ustix
                      We'll engrave your name in gold, as we did in days of old.
                      Roll along lovely Axel, roll along.

Comment

Sherry would have done though.

Comment

Detective Ustix
                          Tis illegal Mack to carry a knife never mind to be one.
                          Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Working...
                          X