Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Future of the Heineken Cup In Doubt?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    The Bug is the wasp and is just stirring the sh't, the tw'ts have got what they want only weirdo social inadequates feel they need to come on to Irish rugby fora and stir people up, stick him on ignore.

    Comment


      Originally posted by Balla Boy View Post
      I'm at a loss as to your actual point. Are crowds in Cork small? Yes. Can you proceed from that fact to argue that Munster fans don't care about the league, or are event junkies, or only turn up for the HEC? Well, no. As you've been shown. Repeatedly.

      You've gone from arguing that our league support is poor to focussing in on the attendances in one base and just stating over and over again that they're not very big. Which no one here has disputed.

      So what is your point?
      Well Munster's average Pro12 crowds are poor. Both relative to their European crowds and the domestic crowds of other big teams in Europe.

      I suggest you read the "Where have all the fans gone" thread on another part of this forum. There are lots of Munster supporters criticising the Pro12 crowds on there. The general consensus seems to be that the Province and by extension the supporters care far more for the European Cup than the Pro12. Munster's awful recent performance against Glasgow at Thomond is mentioned an a ideal case in point.

      http://www.munsterfans.com/threads/3...-the-fans-gone

      Maybe competitive qualification for the European competitions next season will make the Pro12 more attractive.

      Comment


        Originally posted by Doodle Bug View Post
        Well Munster's average Pro12 crowds are poor. Both relative to their European crowds and the domestic crowds of other big teams in Europe.

        I suggest you read the "Where have all the fans gone" thread on another part of this forum. There are lots of Munster supporters criticising the Pro12 crowds on there. The general consensus seems to be that the Province and by extension the supporters care far more for the European Cup than the Pro12. Munster's awful recent performance against Glasgow at Thomond is mentioned an a ideal case in point.

        http://www.munsterfans.com/threads/3...-the-fans-gone

        Maybe competitive qualification for the European competitions next season will make the Pro12 more attractive.
        But, as has been explained to you, those averages aren't comparable with the averages of other clubs because they don't reflect the maximum audience that Munster could attract.

        You're tirelessly gnawing on a rather idiotic fallacy. It's been explained that Munster's average gates would be signficantly higher if they held all games in Limerick. It's been explained that they choose not to do so for historic and representational reasons. It's been explained that, therefore, average gates across all Pro12 games don't offer an effective or accurate measure of the extent of Munster's "domestic" support.

        I've read the other thread. You'll notice that the small crowds people are worried about are the ones that, when averaged on our Thomond fixtures, still produce an average higher than all but one club in the Premiership.

        You're either a troll, or you're spectacularly hard of thinking. Either way, you're on a short fuse as far as your stay here is concerned. If you've any interest in remaining as a poster on the forum, stop being such an interminable arse.
        "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

        "Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy


        "I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

        Comment


          Originally posted by Balla Boy View Post
          But, as has been explained to you, those averages aren't comparable with the averages of other clubs because they don't reflect the maximum audience that Munster could attract.

          You're tirelessly gnawing on a rather idiotic fallacy. It's been explained that Munster's average gates would be signficantly higher if they held all games in Limerick. It's been explained that they choose not to do so for historic and representational reasons. It's been explained that, therefore, average gates across all Pro12 games don't offer an effective or accurate measure of the extent of Munster's "domestic" support.

          I've read the other thread. You'll notice that the small crowds people are worried about are the ones that, when averaged on our Thomond fixtures, still produce an average higher than all but one club in the Premiership.

          You're either a troll, or you're spectacularly hard of thinking. Either way, you're on a short fuse as far as your stay here is concerned. If you've any interest in remaining as a poster on the forum, stop being such an interminable arse.
          Just because you disagree with me there is no need to degenerate to petty verbal abuse. As I said Munster have worse domestic attendances than many French and English clubs. Munster choose to play at games in Cork. No one forces them too. Loads of other teams regularly play league games at more than one ground. Toulouse, Stade Francais, Racing, Toulon, Saracens, Bordeaux Begles, Harlequins. They just happen to play at bigger stadiums and get bigger crowds. Munster choose to play at a smaller stadium and get smaller crowds.

          Munster could always build a bigger stadium in Cork and encourage bigger crowds to attend. As things stand they struggle to fill the limited a capacity of 9,200. Not a very good effort from supposedly "the most passionate fans" in Europe.

          Comment


            G'luck so.
            "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

            "Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy


            "I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

            Comment


              Given that we have a new competition announced etc, any objections if we lay this particular behemoth to rest? It's attracting all sorts of riff raff :)

              I'll lock it if no one feels strongly otherwise?
              "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

              "Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy


              "I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

              Comment


                Originally posted by Doodle Bug View Post
                Just because you disagree with me there is no need to degenerate to petty verbal abuse. As I said Munster have worse domestic attendances than many French and English clubs. Munster choose to play at games in Cork. No one forces them too. Loads of other teams regularly play league games at more than one ground. Toulouse, Stade Francais, Racing, Toulon, Saracens, Bordeaux Begles, Harlequins. They just happen to play at bigger stadiums and get bigger crowds. Munster choose to play at a smaller stadium and get smaller crowds.

                Munster could always build a bigger stadium in Cork and encourage bigger crowds to attend. As things stand they struggle to fill the limited a capacity of 9,200. Not a very good effort from supposedly "the most passionate fans" in Europe.
                So stop talking out your pie hole with our 2 parks and attendance WE ARE MUNSTER
                employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings,so that you shall gain easily what others have labored hard for. "socrates"
                beware the barrenness of a busy life, "socrates "
                who are you to judge the life i live? I know i'm not perfect-and i don't live to be-but before you start pointing fingers...make sure you hands are clean." BOB MARLEY
                we are what we repeatedly do.excellance,then,is not an act,but a habit ''aristotle''

                Comment


                  Lock away BB.

                  Comment


                    Lock this sick bastard and never let it released again.


                    It's like a beacon to neckbeards and mouth breathers.
                    I am the million man.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X