Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Future of the Heineken Cup In Doubt?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Balla Boy View Post
    Plenty on this thread for anyone who's been paying attention.
    I'm having trouble. Can you provide evidence of this man lying in public. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by TurkBoy View Post
      I'm having trouble. Can you provide evidence of this man lying in public. Thanks
      If the Clubs are running the competition, why are BT & Sky still trying to split the games. No Unions/ERC - no need to placate Sky.

Comment

Oh Christ. Now it's the "I'm genuinely seeking info" pose.
        "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Originally posted by jeepers View Post
          If the Clubs are running the competition, why are BT & Sky still trying to split the games. No Unions/ERC - no need to placate Sky.
          This was all a done deal months ago when they stood up and "launched" their competition publicly with the French on board. Of course they knew that wasn't the case even as they were saying it.
          "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Oh Christ. Now it's the "I'm genuinely seeking info" pose.
            So you've got none. Because there isn't any.

Comment

Originally posted by jeepers View Post
              Because BT want to broadcast the English clubs.

Comment

Its exactly as the regular posters here predicted it would end up if TV was resolved with one exception. No one predicted the seeding issue which still has to be confirmed .

Maybe you should concentrate on your own region and clubs affairs ! That was some hammering you got from the 5th region yesterday!

Comment

Originally posted by exiled to connacht View Post
                  Its exactly as the regular posters here predicted it would end up if TV was resolved with one exception.
                  That's hilarious. It was predicted ERC would remain. It was predicted nothing would change. It was predicted the Unions would never cease control. It was predicted Sky would show the new euro cup. It was predicted PRL would come crawling back to Dublin after suffering some public embarrassment.

None of those things look like happenning yet the Irish seem to be claiming some sort of victory, when the PRL have got exactly what they want. It's really quite amusing.

Maybe you should concentrate on your own region and clubs affairs ! That was some hammering you got from the 5th region yesterday!
                  Rugby is dead in Wales thanks to the Unions. It means little anymore. But you go on playing the man with your little snidey digs. It's good to watch.

Comment

It's in this thread, but I'm not going to spend time fishing it out for you, because a) you're not interested and b) I am genuinely uninterested in what you think.

That's about the size of it. Thank Christ for the ignore button.

Comment

It's in this thread, but I'm not going to spend time fishing it out for you, because a) you're not interested and b) I am genuinely uninterested in what you think.

That's about the size of it. Thank Christ for the ignore button.
                      There isn't any. You've just been rumbled.

Comment

I think the clue is on the name. No longer the ERC its now ERCC and that accurately reflects the degree of change.
                        The move to Geneva will at more than 30% to running costs to placate the French and English.
                        Qualification, money split and reduction in participants were already agreed in order to split the LNR from PRL.
                        So far so predictable.
                        So what's new? The new competition is now run by the same body that runs the Pro12. Hardly revolutionary.
                        The commercial committee of the new competition will be run by representative s of the clubs and regions. This is claimed as a big win for the English but when one considers that McCafferty himself ran the last commercial ctte of the old ERC it's somewhat short of comprehensive victory.

The potential game changes are two as far as I can see. BT is now inside the tent. Will they undermine or assist? The disintegration of Welsh Rugby threatens the future of rugby in Ireland and Scotland. Wales is now a weapon in the hands of McCafferty and he's not afraid to use it. I thinthe IRFU need to do somr deep strategic thinking about the future of the Six Nations and the pro game it supports.

We have a new look competition in which irish teams can prosper but the fat lady is not singing.
                        Last edited by rathbaner; 23rd-March-2014, 11:38.
                        Munster – Champions of Europe 2006, 2008, 2020.

Comment

Because BT want to broadcast the English clubs.
                          But ERC & Heineken Cup are dead according to that article. Unions gone. BT/PRL are running the Champions Cup.

Why are they splitting the games with Sky?

Comment

Originally posted by rathbaner View Post
                            I think the clue is on the name. ERCC accurately reflects the degree of change.
                            The move to Geneva will at more than 30% to running costs to placate the French and English.
                            Qualification, money split and reduction in participants were already agreed in order to split the LNR from PRL.
                            So far so predictable.
                            So what's new? The new competition is now run by the same body that runs the Pro12. Hardly revolutionary.
                            The commercial committee of the new competition will be run by representative s of the clubs and regions. This is claimed as a big win for the English but when one considers that McCafferty himself ran the last commercial ctte of the old ERC it's somewhat short of comprehensive victory.

The potential game changes are two as far as I can see. BT is now inside the tent. Will they undermine or assist? The disintegration of Welsh Rugby threatens the future of rugby in Ireland and Scotland. Wales is now a weapon in the hands of McCafferty and he's not afraid to use it. I thinthe IRFU need to do somr deep strategic thinking about the future of the Six Nations and the pro game it supports.

We have a new look competition in which irish teams can prosper but the fat lady is not singing.

To be honest, if we're entirely self interested we should be seeking some sort of accomodation with the French and English in the long run. We can't tie our future to a Celtic block that the Welsh don't want to be part of.

It's the Scots that have the greatest trouble in the long run I think. Their domestic game is entirely dependent on what others decide to do. The likelihood is that we'll find some sort of settlement in any new structure.

But whatever happens, the Welsh regions have proven themselves to be willing to destroy the game in Ireland, Scotland and Italy to jump into bed with the PRL. In all future negotiations and structures, they should be treated as a hostile party.

Comment

But whatever happens, the Welsh regions have proven themselves to be willing to destroy the game in Ireland, Scotland and Italy to jump into bed with the PRL. In all future negotiations and structures, they should be treated as a hostile party.
                              Glad to hear this. I hope in the future the powers that be see it this way too. The Welsh can join the hostile enemies of France and England and the righteous do-gooders of Ireland can make their fortune with the rugby goldmines of Scotland and Italy.

Comment

If you are genuinely interested in that information read the entirety of this thread otherwise quit as you are wumming.
                                "Everything good about Ireland can be found in County Cork"....Lonely Planet Guide 2012

Comment

Working...
                                X